Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

I just watched this episode, and it was completely CRINGE-worthy. Beyond horrible, I can't even believe it... What the heck were they even thinking!
I did not mind the musical, it is just the pacing of the season was off, have the comedy in EP 7, then the horrors of war in Ep 8, Ep 9 was the musical, then Ep 10 was a ton packed with the Gorn.

With only 10 episodes a season, should only be 1 goofy episode a year, save the musical for next season, if there is a next season because of the strikes.

Last edited:
Looking back on it, I think I would have rather had “Those Old Scientists” be a “Lower Decks” episode instead of “Strange New Worlds”. I would bet that SNW probably has a higher viewership number than LD, so LD viewers would know who Pike and Number One were instead of introducing live-action versions of the relatively unknown LD crew.

I thought it was MUCH worse than TOS "Spocks Brain" or even "Turnabout Intruder"... It would have had to go UP 10 notches to even come close to the musical Buffy episode from years ago.

Had they just adjusted the pacing of the season a little and put ep8 in place of ep9 (swap them), I think it would've helped the season not feel so uneven. And I agree, one amusing (goofy) episode in a 10-episode season is plenty. 2 (or more) in a season is too many. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, back in the day when they had 18-22 episodes in a season, but now, with only 10 episodes comprising a season, not telling compelling, interesting, or intense stories is doing the viewer a dis-service...

I could rewatch all of S1 with no problem. I would only rewatch parts of S2.

378784107_122115449042027861_5888093492115868764_n.jpg

People are going to need to make screen captures of what-were-formerly-known-as-tweets since they seem to not show up after a period of time. TheKrell’s post from September 19th is just a [?]…:(

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Damn. I wonder what it was that I posted?
If I remember correctly, it was Pike deciding what to do with his impossible situation. To which he responds, “Release the Moopsy” or something like that.

I guess X was down Thursday morning, so I thought that might be part of it. But X is back and the posts are still missing in this thread. It’s possible the “tweet” was deleted by the tweeter or some other action was taken to break the link.