Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Do y'all remember Majel Barrett as Number One in the original pilot (among other memorable Star Trek characters)? She was married to Gene Roddenberry for... Ah... 1969 until Roddenberry's death in 1991. Alas, Barrett herself kicked the bucket in 2008 and was still acting in that same year. :crying
Definitely remember her ....
She played Deanna Troi's mother as well as the Computer voice on ST NG

If they're back in Toronto again, good luck. I'm sure they'll have a blast with all the nonsense there and the lockdowns.

I wonder how much they had to pay Anson to return, after that HR debacle in Discovery S2, where he punched that guy during filming and also complained about it taking much longer than normal to film all the episodes, with the constant changing of the show's direction and all.

Honestly, it'll be another forgettable series. Just like Discovery and Picard, I'll watch through it once, then never watch it again.

I don't like the title, I don't like the premise of the show being yet another prequel, and I think Kurtzman should be thrown into a volcano for what's he done to the franchise since 2017.

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Why don't you tell us how you really feel... :D
Yeah, yeah, but it's just so dang frustrating seeing what Star Trek used to be pre-2005, compared to what it's been turned into now. There's a reason why pre-2005 Trek continues to stand the test of time even today, with cable and OTA networks still rerunning episodes into the ground, and it's not just because of nostalgia. It was the quality of the music, the writing, the acting; all of this showcasing the effort and passion the older producers used to put into the franchise.

Whenever any of Kurtzman's Trek series finally get cancelled, 10 years later, no one will remember them or even want to re-watch them, like they currently do with TNG or DS9, despite the decades of dust on those. Without looking up a Wikipedia article, I can't even remember the names of most of the new main characters in the newer shows -- only the old ones like Picard, who's now a senile old guy, turned robot for crying out loud, and Data, who is dead again for some reason (all of this is an alternate timeline, I know, but still). And most of that is because the newer characters are not memorable, and instead of getting people who actually know how to act, they're mainly hiring actors who agree with their political stance.

You should be happy we don't have a new Stargate right now. Following the Hollywood checklist as of late, it'd probably be a female lgbtq lead with a bunch of other incompetent morons in the team constantly crying, being emotional and needing her to solve every single problem because they can't do anything themselves. Oh, and they would probably include some cameo or reference to Hammond, O'Neill or Sheppard and complain about how every decision they ever made was wrong and it was their fault for everything that ever happened, because they're all straight white men.

I'm so sick of this political correctness, propaganda and extreme leftist/sjw garbage that's invaded modern day television and movies, ruining the stuff I used to love. :mad

• Angry
Reactions: pgde
I agree that Discovery is lacking in every conceivable category, but Picard was great!

I agree that Discovery is lacking in every conceivable category, but Picard was great!
I enjoyed Picard, but IMO, it did not live up to what my expectations were, and that is probably my own fault.

Personally I enjoyed Discovery much more than the first season of Picard.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I enjoyed the first two seasons of Discovery. The third season (900+ years in the future) didn't do so much for me. My favorite episodes of the season was the Mirror universe 2-parter and the Guardian of Forever. That was really well done. So, I was mostly "meh" on season 3.

I enjoyed Picard much more. Granted, Data is now dead-dead (unfortunately), but I really enjoyed that initial season. I don't know where they are going to take season 2, so it'll be interesting to see.

If Strange New Worlds follows the "Pike attitude" that he had while captaining the Discovery most of season 2, that could be a fun series. I'm willing to give it a chance...

Have my fingers crossed at least two live action Star Trek seasons will fall within my pre-paid year of Paramount+.

A hallmark of Star Trek has always been pushing the boundaries of representation with each new series for that particular era. The current crop of shows is entirely consistent with that approach. There are plenty of things to criticize the new shows for (plot holes and inconsistencies, retconning/rewriting cannon, poor development of bridge crew characters, etc.), but disparaging the show over inclusion says more about that person than the show itself. Casting a Black female lead or a nonbinary engineer is simply Star Trek being Star Trek c.2020.

According to the teasers on Amazon Prime (who is also the distributor for new Star Trek shows in the UK), Discovery S4 is due to pop in "late 2021" and Picard won't debut until 2022.