Stern to Sirius in 2006

minorthr

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 8, 2004
earth
Stern announced on his show today that he signed a contract with Sirius starting in 2006. Luckely I have both XM and Sirius :D

I can verify.. I heard the announcment while on Talk Central a few hours ago.

When Stern's contract runs out, in 2006, they're jumping ship to Sirius.

This is good news for Sirius! I think this will give them the boost they desperately need.

Stern is a good move

satradguru said:
Any thoughts on whether the Stern deal will be too expensive and if this move will help close the gap with XM?

Stifel Nicolaus seems to think it is a good deal for Sirius and will take away subscribers from the other satrad provider.

Stifel Analysis

Wow this is big news, I just heard about this (didn't hear anything about this in the Bahamas)

I bet Stern will be FREE, XM made a BIG mistake by adding Opie and Anthony especialy at $1.99 a month extra.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Wow this is big news, I just heard about this (didn't hear anything about this in the Bahamas)

I bet Stern will be FREE, XM made a BIG mistake by adding Opie and Anthony especialy at $1.99 a month extra.

Stern is to have 3 channels on Sirius. One of them (definately not his radio show) will be a premium channel. Makes me think video streaming is coming due to Joe Clayton emphasis on NO premium channels except for video. We'll see.

I read that his show will not require a premium to get. It will be available with the standard subscription.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)