Strange problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pherr

Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
I have a FTA system, I am hitting Telstar 5, one of my channels works only during the day. At night this one channel has no signal. The rest of the channels are fine. This is a Thai channel, other people can see this channel at night when I have no signal, so I know that the channel is there. My question is what is the be place to start troublshooting? Should I replace the lmbf, the box? I have rescaned but the problem is still there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ph

just to get started...

What is your equipment? Motor? LNB? Receiver? Switches? Coax? etc...
What is the channel? What signal level/quality do you get on it during the day?
What signal level and quality do you get on other related channels during day/night?
Do those other signals go down at night?
Where are you located? Maybe weather plays a part.
What do you have your dish mounted on? Could you post a picture?

The receiver is a Natvision NAT 2200, the dish is a Winegard 76cm. and the LNB is a LNBF .6dB. using RG 6 coax. The channel is 108 (Thai Global Network, TGN) The signal strengh is 78% day and night. Others work fine. This only happens when the sun goes down.

Thanks

The Thai channel is on 24 hrs. a day. Others friends get it in the same city at night.

Hi Pherr :welcome to the forum

well sounds like you have a problem now to try and trace it down.

first this is what i suspect since you have no problems with other channels on the satellites. i suspect with the heating ( from the day) an cooling ( from night ) that you might have a slight movement with your dish or mount.

now i don't know your receiver natvision but the channel your trying to get might be right at the threshold for this receiver.... so when you have movement in the dish you seem to loose the channel. and regain it at other times.

now heres what you can do to check .... with the power off on the receiver ( always check with the power off to avoid damage to switches) walk through your systems coax checking all the connections to verify they are good. ( i rechecked mine today and found 3 not bad but loose connectors and replaced then for a SQ gain of 2% across the board). after this is done . turn your system back on and check the signal level & quality.

if they havent improved then we will have check your dish (to try to tweek it) .

hope this helps if not we will try something else

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New to FTA

EPG on Mercury II?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)