Sunday Ticket Special Offer After Renewal Cancel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrGriff

Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
After being a three year Sunday Ticket subscriber, I decided the cost was just too much this year. So I cancelled my auto-renewal a few months back.

Then I got a call tonight for $80 off the regular price ($269) and Superfan for free ($99). Has anyone else been offered this deal?

I've gotten the superfan pack free once. I've been a customer for 4 years ,and they still wouldn't give it again for free. Oh well! No big loss here!

I don't know what I ever said or did (never threatened to leave) but I have been a pioneering sub to Sunday Ticket since the C-band inception. If fact when DBS first came out and the C-band lost the NFL ST, we were given a special number to call to "grandfather" our NFL ST account over to DirecTV. Since then we have always done auto renew and have never been charged for the Super Fan when it started either. I guess what I am saying is that not everyone can or will get or be offered the same deals all the time because of different circumstances; similar to people getting differing interest rates or other promos in life. So I would hate for one person to think they are getting a raw deal vs another. If you pay one dollar under the advertised rate then you are doing good in my book & should be happy as this is a GREAT bargain all things considered. You could always price out a family of four with season tickets to your one home team and all the expenses associated with that. And to make a more fair comparison; price in traveling to all the away games as well - seeing how with ST you get multiple teams/games and the out of markets.

I've been a ST sub since '97. It was the reason I got D*. As I recall, it was $99 or $129 and came with 4 months of their Platinum package as well. Makes me miss the old days.

As far as pricing, I happily paid $225 each for 3 tickets to a Steelers game in Denver a couple of years ago. Same thing in San Diego for MNF 2 years ago. Sure, I hate to see the costs going up, but for a Steelers fan in New Mexico, it's the only way to get all the games, unless I could talk my sister into setting up a SlingBox for me back in the 'Burgh. But then I would have to buy her some beers, and well, ST's probably still cheaper. ;)

I did notice that they tried to slip billing in for SuperFan on my newest statement. This was after they told me I would get it for free for renewing during their Draft weekend special. Took about 10 minutes, but I got a CSR that was knowledgable and able to credit me for the full amount.

Sorry about this being a bit off-topic, but have you "auto-renew" ST subscribers started getting billed yet? I thought it usually started in July or something.

Sorry about this being a bit off-topic, but have you "auto-renew" ST subscribers started getting billed yet? I thought it usually started in July or something.

I have. Got my first one last month.

I know my auto-renew was on the bill last month, that said, I usually don't look that closely at it as I pay it once for the year.

Jimbo

I've already been billed for 4 of the 5 payments, so it sounds like you may not be on auto-renew.

Ah crap. I've been ST for six years... wonder why it stopped now? Maybe it's free this year :D Looks like a call is in order.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)