Switching Issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ForestKlown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
Brooklyn, Mi
My setup is simple: Invacom QPH-031-> 22khz Ecoda(0khz=Linear, 22khz=Circular)-> SG2100-> Grounding block-> Receiver.

The Problem:
22khz ON gives me little to no signal. I've tested this with a Sonicview 1000 and a Genpix/Smartdvb setup with the same results. When I turn lnb power off and then back on, signal Quality jumps up to where it's suppose to be for 1-2 seconds then back to 0...sometimes it's enough to recognize what satellite it is("Echostar 7"). The 0khz/linear side works perfectly.

Things I've tried:
-Bypass the switch ... all ports on lnb are working perfectly
-Bypass motor ... same results
-Swap out switch ... same results
-Swap cable(Switch to C port) ... same result
-Pull hair out ... very painful

I'm out of ideas.
Any thoughts?

My setup is simple: Invacom QPH-031-> 22khz Ecoda(0khz=Linear, 22khz=Circular)-> SG2100-> Grounding block-> Receiver.

The Problem:
22khz ON gives me little to no signal. I've tested this with a Sonicview 1000 and a Genpix/Smartdvb setup with the same results. When I turn lnb power off and then back on, signal Quality jumps up to where it's suppose to be for 1-2 seconds then back to 0...sometimes it's enough to recognize what satellite it is("Echostar 7"). The 0khz/linear side works perfectly.

Things I've tried:

I'm out of ideas.
Any thoughts?
Have you tried another 22khz switch? Maybe be that one is bad. Remember to switch off the reciever while adding or removing switches from you setup. I know! I have a couple of dead switches for neglecting to take that advice.:(

Thanks for the replies!

The grounding block is on the main stretch to the house. I've taken my laptop outside for alignment tweaking and in doing so I unplugged the the "main stretch" cable and plugged in a shorter cable to my skywalker with the same results. So with that method I bypassed the grounding block.

I have 2 22khz encoda switchs and both give the same results. Each time powering down the skywalker.

The Problem:

Things I've tried:

I'm out of ideas.
Any thoughts?

Forest,

Are you saying that if you go directly to the circular port of the QPH-031 LNBF when the dish is dialed in on ES 7, (with no switch and no motor) that you still cannot maintain a lock on the signal?

If this is the case, then please inform us which TP you are attempting to capture a signal from.

Try to dial in on TP 12370 V SR 20000 for the NASA channel and tell us what happens.

You may not have anything incorrect, it may be that you are trying to gain access to the DN channels that are not FTA, which you cannot do, legally. I am not certain of this, but you need to check it. Any receiver should get the TP I mentioned above and the NASA channel on ES 7.

Reply back with your findings.

RADAR

Sorry, I should have been more clear. When I bypass the switch I get excellent signal Quality with both the sv1000(borrowed from friend) and my pc dvb setup. Its true that I wouldn't get video do to encryption but I should still get signal.
:pNo eye patch here ...lol

When I bypass the switch I get excellent signal Quality with both the sv1000(borrowed from friend) and my pc dvb setup. Its true that I wouldn't get video do to encryption but I should still get signal.

Forest,

That is actually not correct. Because of the new format that DN is utilizing, only specific TPs will reveal a signal indication on a FTA receiver. Just the same as DirecTV transmissions. They don't show up at all.

DN still has a few remaining, but they will probably be phased out eventually as well.

In the past, even though the signals were encrypted and you could not view them, at least you could detect the carrier signal. This is no longer a viable opportunity as most receivers will not acknowledge the signal what-so-ever. Only a few signals (channels) remain that our FTA receivers will acknowledge.

RADAR

Radar
I hate to disagree but Dish has alot of signals that show fine on a FTA receiver signal wise

61.5 only has like 5 TP's
77 has 16 of them
110 has around 20-25....there are some spotbeams but most TP's are conus
119 has 16...the 1st 5 odds are spotbeams
129 only has 2 or 3 Tp's

Radar
I hate to disagree but Dish has alot of signals that show fine on a FTA receiver signal wise

61.5 only has like 5 TP's
77 has 16 of them
110 has around 20-25....there are some spotbeams but most TP's are conus
119 has 16...the 1st 5 odds are spotbeams
129 only has 2 or 3 Tp's

Ice,

Sorry, you misunderstood me there. I know that there are quite a few TPs that will reveal a signal level on a FTA machine as well as ITC channels to view, I just wanted to ensure that Forest wasn't attempting to look for a signal from one of the TPs that wouldn't.

That is why I was asking what happens when he goes to TP 12370 V on 119W, and checking for the NASA channel.

RADAR

ForestKlown-
Have you tried replacing the 22 KHz switch with a barrel connector?
Also, try a linear Sat using the 22KHz On side of the switch.

Ice,

Sorry, you misunderstood me there. I know that there are quite a few TPs that will reveal a signal level on a FTA machine as well as ITC channels to view, I just wanted to ensure that Forest wasn't attempting to look for a signal from one of the TPs that wouldn't.

That is why I was asking what happens when he goes to TP 12370 V on 119W, and checking for the NASA channel.

RADAR

ahhh ok

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts