Tek2000 10' Mesh Dish Install & Initial Review

this evening I'm going to move my LNB rods to 8.5 inches from rim and see what my signal does.

However a (good) diseqc switch doesn't cause SNR-loss, and SNR (= signal quality) is the value to fine-adjust your antenna to.
As I understand it, only with very long cables the signal strength becomes an issue.

So I don't see a problem to connect a diseqc switch at your dishes.

Greetz,
A33

what's a good brand name on a disecq switch to not have the signal loss?

Looking at your original thread along with reading his response on the other forum it seems that they measured from the apex at the back of the dish which is covered by the front and back center plate.

What is the other forum? One from here or another site that has reviews?

To get 40, 43 45 & 47w in the east, I have to clear neighbors trees or get signals thru their trees. If I move my 7.5 dish close to my fence I can clear their trees and get signals. The mount is a former roof mount that came when I got the used dish. I have it weighed down in the yard by big rocks so I can move it but it takes hours to move and get on the arc when your backyard is little rocks landscaped.

I want to put the 10 ft dish as close to the fence as possible on the right side of the yard to clear the trees. Empty land behind the house. The new pole will be buried so once its done then that's it. My southern sat is 107w here in NM. How much room does the dish need to move from 40 to 139 w. The dish will hit the fence if its too close when the dish is directly South like 99 or 107 etc. How much room should be left between pole and fence. My 7.5 dish hangs 4 feet from the pole when looking South. How far does the 10 ft dish hang from the pole so I don't put the pole too close to the fence. Is it 5 ft? Does this make sense? Thanks

There's not enough room for both dishes to clear the trees so the 7.5 dish will see 55 to 135 once I position it after the 10 ft one is done. The yard is a standard neighborhood so its not that big. I don't want both dishes to interfere signal wise with each other.

Thanks. I will go 8 feet out and start digging tomorrow after work before the all star game. 8 ft I can still get the eastern satellites.

I thought I would give a follow up on my install of this dish. So I just wanted to stay in this thread already about the subject.

My thoughts on tek2000 10' dish:
First of all this is my first experience with a tek2000 dish. I have read over the last couple of years how they are not made well and how they break easy.
I have also followed how they seemed to start getting better and beefing up their mounts, and other parts of the dishes.
I also remember all the reading of how they didn't package things very well in the beginning. Again I have been seeing, as time went on, how that also improved.
Last week I finally got to see one in person. Not only that, I got to put it together out of the UPS packing from start to finish.

I will say this, if they were crappy dishes in the past, they must have listened to their customers. The dish I installed was what I would call a bit over kill. I have installed many dishes over the years, and have never seen a consumer dish built this well. They use 4.5" pipe! I have seen dishes that are 30 years old and still working great not have a 4.5 inch mast pipe. Also the ring on the back was 2 - 2.5 times larger than other good brand 10' dishes from years gone by. The mount was overly complicated and sturdy. ....but hey, over kill is gone with something like this. :)

So if anyone is wanting a dish with a good product to value ratio. I would not hesitate to recommend one of these dishes. It came packaged pretty good too.
The only issue is, until they fix their instructions, is to not use the pre-drilled holes for the feedhorn/scaler rods. As mentioned in this thread, come up approx~ 8.5 inches from the lip and drill a new hole using a 1/4" bit and use that hole.

The only issue is, until they fix their instructions, is to not use the pre-drilled holes for the feedhorn/scaler rods. As mentioned in this thread, come up approx~ 8.5 inches from the lip and drill a new hole using a 1/4" bit and use that hole.

Can somebody who's purchased one actually get that feedback back to them, so they can make that modification?

Reactions: FTA4PA
I might have to give them a try next time even though I've read reports that they might not stand up to "high" winds. I like 12 footers and their prices are much less than the cost of my last 12 footer. Too bad we get a lot of hail around these parts also.

Here's a solution we used in hail prone areas. We found a place where we could purchase a plastic, heat shrink boat wrap. We stretched in across the face of the dish, pulled it tight and secured it behind the dish. We then took a heat gun (Caution not to burn a hole in the plastic), shrank the wrinkles out of the plastic covering the face of the dish, and the hail just bounced off the plastic never making it to the dish surface.

Make sure you get UV resistant plastic for long term use. Some of the dishes we covered took hits from golf ball size hail and it never penetrated the plastic film. It doesn't seem to hinder signal penetration, and if you get the clear plastic, it isn't all that visible. Just a suggestion from our experiences.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I think they have got to the point that they have improved things (especially the mounts) that I would probably purchase one if I had the money. (Unfortunately I don't have the money at the moment)

But its nice to see that over the years they have listened to the feedback from those that purchased them to continue making improvements making these a good dish for the money.. Thats a great thing

Reactions: MikeI and KE4EST
I have one of these dishes and I am having trouble with the focal length. I installed my poles using the predrilled holes on the dish. what kind of signal are yall getting? I am getting signal but I had to twist the feed and pole a little to get the feedhorn closer to the dish to get better signal. Most satellites I am getting 40 percent quality on openbox z5 and 100 percent on the real strong transponders. Use metv for example I am getting 50 percent quality on most channels on 101w.

Are you still having the problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)