48.2 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20171001_170216.jpg
    IMG_20171001_170216.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_20171001_170207.jpg
    IMG_20171001_170207.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 264
Doesn't appear to be.

If you look at this one from the same company and i been trying to tell him but its hard t talk through e-mail, I been telling him that i didnt get all of the parts, but he blames it on his wharehouse man.

Let me know if the picture go through,Dishpdf

Attachments

• dish_1.pdf
    101.2 KB · Views: 318
If you look at this one from the same company and i been trying to tell him but its hard t talk through e-mail, I been telling him that i didnt get all of the parts, but he blames it on his wharehouse man.

Let me know if the picture go through,Dishpdf
it's the declination offset that I'm worrying about

What can I do if the owner is not going to help me out, all ready had some cut wire in shipping
Well I have been hearing some positive things about that company. They do have their share of problems but they have been improving the product and their service as time goes by. I would check to make sure you didn't miss those parts and then contact them and explain that there is no declination adjustment. I have never seen those dishes but it appears they sent you two bottom arms instead of the upper one with the adjustment.

Well I have been hearing some positive things about that company. They do have their share of problems but they have been improving the product and their service as time goes by. I would check to make sure you didn't miss those parts and then contact them and explain that there is no declination adjustment. I have never seen those dishes but it appears they sent you two bottom arms instead of the upper one with the adjustment.
Done done that. All the boxes were open and no sign of the hardware.

Done done that. All the boxes were open and no sign of the hardware.
Tek2000 doesn't have a phone so you can talk man to man, he hides behind his email, so he don't half to listen to you. I been very nice to him and he is doing me this way.

I see it now plain as then nose on my face.
The one I recently installed the guy had a missing part and they sent it to him.
I remember him saying the same thing, they would not provide a phone number.

Reactions: Magic Static
Ok, from looking at the pictures, it appears that you have the declination pieces on the lower part of the assembly. You also have the pivot point for elevation in the wrong place. It goes through the holes lower and towards the front (satellite side) of the mount. The declination portion is the two (2) angle iron pieces you used on the bottom. They need to go on the top and have a bolt through them with three (3) nuts on the bolt. Two (2) in between the angle iron and one (1) on the end as normal.

Go read through this post and look at the pictures in post number 8: Tek2000 10' Mesh Dish Install & Initial Review

Hope that helps you out.

Unfortunately the assembly instructions are lacking and are in need of a lot of improvement. Even experienced installers have scratched their heads over those so called instructions.

Ok, from looking at the pictures, it appears that you have the declination pieces on the lower part of the assembly. You also have the pivot point for elevation in the wrong place. It goes through the holes lower and towards the front (satellite side) of the mount. The declination portion is the two (2) angle iron pieces you used on the bottom. They need to go on the top and have a bolt through them with three (3) nuts on the bolt. Two (2) in between the angle iron and one (1) on the end as normal.

Go read through this post and look at the pictures in post number 8: Tek2000 10' Mesh Dish Install & Initial Review

Hope that helps you out.
Yeah I been reading through that 100 times, I'll look at that tomorrow. But I try to put one of the them on the to and the holes were not the same size and the other one was. So it fits as is but it's not right. Thanks

Yeah I been reading through that 100 times, I'll look at that tomorrow. But I try to put one of the them on the to and the holes were not the same size and the other one was. So it fits as is but it's not right. Thanks
Bpalone
What you are saying make sense,I'm just worrying about the hardware on the bottom

I just remembered that there were many photos in the thread I mentioned and thought that they would help you see how it all goes together. If you want I can try and take some time tomorrow and take a picture on mine. Mine will be a bit different as I didn't turn the angle iron where there was so much distance between them. I barely had enough adjustment to set my declination.

The single piece of flat iron works fine on the bottom. It has to have some give in order to be able to adjust the declination. I had one of their 8 footers and replaced it with one of their 10 footers this spring. Have been happy with it so far and see no reason that it will disappoint any time in the future.

When you put the dish together, do a string test to be sure it is good. Then measure the depth from the strings, in the center, to the dish. Keep this measurement, as you may need it when you go to align the dish. Unless they have changed the numbers in their "instructions" you will have to calculate the focal distance to get things to work. I had a thread called "Dish Specs, Trust But Verify" and it rares its head in the thread I mentioned above. Overall, not a real big deal, but makes things REALLY hard for someone new to all of this.

Keep asking questions, we will help you as best we can. If you want the picture of mine, I will try to get it for you. Just probably won't be real timely for you, but I am busy with some business stuff right now and won't be as free as I have been.

Too expand on what bpalone said earlier: After saving kool1's 2nd picture and blowing it up... Is that the declination bolt at the bottom? The bolt that's attaching the 2 brackets. Maybe it is just screwed up so far that the full length doesn't show.

At worst, the only parts missing are a suitable long bolt and a couple of nuts. (Once everything is assembled correctly)

I just remembered that there were many photos in the thread I mentioned and thought that they would help you see how it all goes together. If you want I can try and take some time tomorrow and take a picture on mine. Mine will be a bit different as I didn't turn the angle iron where there was so much distance between them. I barely had enough adjustment to set my declination.

The single piece of flat iron works fine on the bottom. It has to have some give in order to be able to adjust the declination. I had one of their 8 footers and replaced it with one of their 10 footers this spring. Have been happy with it so far and see no reason that it will disappoint any time in the future.

When you put the dish together, do a string test to be sure it is good. Then measure the depth from the strings, in the center, to the dish. Keep this measurement, as you may need it when you go to align the dish. Unless they have changed the numbers in their "instructions" you will have to calculate the focal distance to get things to work. I had a thread called "Dish Specs, Trust But Verify" and it rares its head in the thread I mentioned above. Overall, not a real big deal, but makes things REALLY hard for someone new to all of this.

Keep asking questions, we will help you as best we can. If you want the picture of mine, I will try to get it for you. Just probably won't be real timely for you, but I am busy with some business stuff right now and won't be as free as I have been.
Yeah that would be fine for a picture.the direction remind me of some swing set directions

I think what you are showing is a non polar mount. I could be wrong.
See pic 2, this is an older tek2000 6ft dish, has a polar mount
view

See pic 1, this is the "new" tek2000 6ft dish, has a different mount with no declamation adjuster

Attachments

• IMG_20170817_175326.jpg
    IMG_20170817_175326.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20170930_133043.jpg
    IMG_20170930_133043.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 147
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)