Tell Warner How You Feel

As an owner of a few solid Warner HD-DVD titles (one of which I watched tonight--"Robin Hood"), I'd say...keep up the good work and bring on more great catalog movie titles in HD.

If you went into a format war and blew your wad on hardware knowing it HAD to fall out one way or the other and that things were in an unpredictable state of flux...SHAME ON YOU! Quit whining and just save those pennies for a combo player. Don't betray that you were either: 1) naive, 2) foolishly free w/ your cash or 3) biased against all reason (or any combination thereof)...anyone w/ common sense and a little knowledge of consumer electronics history would know, and many who do have told you time and again, your best best was to either wait this out or buy in as cheaply as possible. Long and short is...you saw the train coming, don't blame anyone else if you parked your car on the tracks. I have money invested in HD-DVD--but I didn't have my 401K invested in HD-DVD, so I'll live. And besides, it isn't my religion...I can enjoy the titles I've purchased for a long time and my soul will not be damned if I some day can't or need to buy a Blu-cased copy down the line.

So, keep your sour grapes to yourself...and to Warner, please take Bill Hunt's suggestion and offer a 'peace offering' to the HD-DVD crowd (i.e. a trade-in/swap program for Bluray of HD-DVD titles, etc.). That would help smooth things a bit--and it would be simply a classy thing to do.

I see tons of reports of rumors about a payoff of $250 million, $500 million, $1 Billion and even $ 1.8 billion but theyare all just rumors. Until we know what really happened (if anything) I doubt that a letter writing/email campaign will get off the ground.

It doesn't matter what happened. 2-to-1 sales rates in favor of Bluray for 2007 mean more to the studio strategy than any other cash perks. Move on...Warner is. Letters from early adopters will not change squat.

I'd say: Hey Warners, how about a "deal" for those who bought the Harry Potter and Blade Runner deluxe HD-DVD sets? Send us (for a small fee) Blu-Ray discs (discs only) to put into those sets, and we'll send you back the HD-DVD discs in your enclosed pre-paid envelopes.

That would be a "nice" gesture!

If they get enough letters, maybe they will reconsider.

Oh, for God's sake move on! You can still use your $99 HD-DVD player as an upconverting dvd player and it will always play your HD-DVD's.

Honestly, I don't think all of this uproar in the red community is about money or obsolete equipment. It's about sour grapes and fanboys not wanting to eat crow. I swear, nobody can admit when they're wrong these days...

Enjoy your perfectly good HD-DVD equipment. Jump into Blu-Ray if you'd like and enjoy some discs you've been missing out on. If you don't want to go Blu for personal or financial reasons that's cool too. But please don't dig your heels into the ground, curse everything Sony and BDA and harass companies that support them.

Oh, for God's sake move on! You can still use your $99 HD-DVD player as an upconverting dvd player and it will always play your HD-DVD's.

Honestly, I don't think all of this uproar in the red community is about money or obsolete equipment. It's about sour grapes and fanboys not wanting to eat crow. I swear, nobody can admit when they're wrong these days...

Enjoy your perfectly good HD-DVD equipment. Jump into Blu-Ray if you'd like and enjoy some discs you've been missing out on. If you don't want to go Blu for personal or financial reasons that's cool too. But please don't dig your heels into the ground, curse everything Sony and BDA and harass companies that support them.

I own two HD-DVD players that I spent a total of $450 on. I can't even get a profile 2.0 compliant Blu-Ray standalone for that. If I find a HD-DVD player on E-bay for under $50 I will get one for my SD CRT in the bedroom since it blows away any cheap $20 Chinese SD DVD player at Wal-Mart. It will be six months before profile 2.0 Blu-Ray standalones hit the market at like $1k? HD-DVD was priced and poised to succeed DVD.

I won't curse Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Pioneer or Blu-Ray. (I own a Sony HTTiB.) I will curse Warner though. My favorite studios by content were Warner, Sony, Universal, Dreamworks, Lionsgate, Disney, New Line, Paramount, Weinstein and Fox in that order. I watched Last King of Scotland upscaled on SD DVD. It wasn't at all unwatchable, since it was a good movie. I'll enjoy my upscaled DVD's until Blu-Ray gets their specs, pricing and replication in line.

Here, Here!!:hatsoff:

+2

It is surpising how passionate the entire HD war got to be. People are treating it like they lost their life savings in Enron or something. I admit I will not buy any more HD-DVDs, but I am not going to go out and chant and dance around a bonfire of HD-DVDs.

I own two HD-DVD players that I spent a total of $450 on. I can't even get a profile 2.0 compliant Blu-Ray standalone for that. If I find a HD-DVD player on E-bay for under $50 I will get one for my SD CRT in the bedroom since it blows away any cheap $20 Chinese SD DVD player at Wal-Mart. It will be six months before profile 2.0 Blu-Ray standalones hit the market at like $1k? HD-DVD was priced and poised to succeed DVD.

I won't curse Sony, Philips, Panasonic, Pioneer or Blu-Ray. (I own a Sony HTTiB.) I will curse Warner though. My favorite studios by content were Warner, Sony, Universal, Dreamworks, Lionsgate, Disney, New Line, Paramount, Weinstein and Fox in that order. I watched Last King of Scotland upscaled on SD DVD. It wasn't at all unwatchable, since it was a good movie. I'll enjoy my upscaled DVD's until Blu-Ray gets their specs, pricing and replication in line.

I agree. i am definately a small fish in HD and BD but my HD collection did not Evaporate when WB said this...

But the fealing will be this.. Quote from my Father "Will WB atleast do the wright thing and offer a swapout?" i think that is going to be a more of a normal sentamant than we think...

I was very surprised, at Blu-ray.com there was a poll about BD extending an olive branch to HDDVD, majority said "yes".

I know HDDVD guys are pissed about bd pricing and other stuff. But people seem to be a little more friendly now.

I was very surprised, at Blu-ray.com there was a poll about BD extending an olive branch to HDDVD, majority said "yes".

I know HDDVD guys are pissed about bd pricing and other stuff. But people seem to be a little more friendly now.

WOW!!!! I think they need to take another sip of the koolaid :)

honestly i think they need to offer atleast a mail in disscont if we double dip.

i only own 15 HD titles all together but those that have 100-200 i feal there pain..

WHy? Are their discs going to self destruct? I plan on buying many more HD DVD's

If HDDVD dies, and BD survives. They eventually become a coaster. I have 8 yr old dvd's, do you think potter in HDDVD will play in 8 years if your player dies and you cant buy another?

Oh I know, BD's successor will be both HDDVD and BD compatible!

If this is HDDVD's last year, I see no reason in buying their movies. The HDDVD stuff will be out on Blu eventually.

I plan on buying many more HD DVD's

"It is said that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will never jump out.'

I went into this war knowing that I had a 50/50 chance. Everyone did and if you went neutral than you were going to be right either way. Notice I didn't say win because in the end I don't think the customer win because there were two formats in the first place.

Now I don't expect a olive branch from the Blu group. I made my choice and spent my money on the red pill. However just because Blu looks to have won doesn't mean I still can't enjoy my HD movies. I would ask for Blu to get a profile 2.0 player so I can enjoy all the Blu could offer and should offer.

That is the thing I love about DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray. The ability to watch the movies in the best picture and sound offered at the time. Also being able to get the whole movie experience with watching the making of and all the other extras.

So my request to the Blu-ray camp is that if you want to extend an olive branch get a player out (other than the PS3) that will be profile 2.0. Then you will have another Blu person for you group.

Shawn

I went into this war knowing that I had a 50/50 chance. Everyone did and if you went neutral than you were going to be right either way. Notice I didn't say win because in the end I don't think the customer win because there were two formats in the first place.

Now I don't expect a olive branch from the Blu group. I made my choice and spent my money on the red pill. However just because Blu looks to have won doesn't mean I still can't enjoy my HD movies. I would ask for Blu to get a profile 2.0 player so I can enjoy all the Blu could offer and should offer.

That is the thing I love about DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-ray. The ability to watch the movies in the best picture and sound offered at the time. Also being able to get the whole movie experience with watching the making of and all the other extras.

So my request to the Blu-ray camp is that if you want to extend an olive branch get a player out (other than the PS3) that will be profile 2.0. Then you will have another Blu person for you group.

Shawn

The new Panasonic BD50 will have BD Live(2.0). No price yet.

Im willing to bet the PS3 gets it too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)