Tell Warner How You Feel

Your freaking blind too.

Panasonic BD50

Cool... the price needs to come down a LOT. I like Panny products. I also like Mitsubishi and Sharp. Sony's non-audio CE stuff is good, too. Their computer and audio hardware are garbage. However, every manufacturer has strengths and weaknesses.

If Blu-ray can get the profile 2.0 standalones to $250 or less by this Christmas I will withdraw my statements about them staying as a niche product.

Im sure its an overpriced and under performing dead end like the rest of the BD standalones.

Sorry to disagree with you on this. As much as I enjoy my HD DVD players, my Panasonics are my favorite players. The Panasonics have been the most rock solid player out there.
S~

Oh, for God's sake move on! You can still use your $99 HD-DVD player as an upconverting dvd player and it will always play your HD-DVD's.

Honestly, I don't think all of this uproar in the red community is about money or obsolete equipment. It's about sour grapes and fanboys not wanting to eat crow. I swear, nobody can admit when they're wrong these days...

Enjoy your perfectly good HD-DVD equipment. Jump into Blu-Ray if you'd like and enjoy some discs you've been missing out on. If you don't want to go Blu for personal or financial reasons that's cool too. But please don't dig your heels into the ground, curse everything Sony and BDA and harass companies that support them.

I plan on moving on. I know a lot of people are passionate about this and I came across a way for them to voice their opinions to people who make decisions, so I posted it. If Blu-Ray fans want to tell them they are happy they went Blu, then so be it. I made my decision to go HD DVD, and I plan on enjoying my A2 for years to come. If Blu-Ray prices come down and they kill off HD DVD all together, then I will probably go Blu too. Until then, I will enjoy my HD DVDs, DVDs, and whatever I can get from Netflix.

I have both, and I've found myself liking the HD-DVD format better than Blu, but it's not life and death. Whatever they throw out there I can play now, and in the future. Quite frankly, I don't give a hoot about getting "extras" piped in from the internet.

That being said, it's just hard to believe how people are so injured or "utopia'd" by this decision by WB. I mean, what's worse, the BD fanboy gloating or the HDDVD fanboy's indignace?

What about the poor folks who bought into D-VHS? :D

What about the poor folks who bought into D-VHS? :D

Well, many of us have archived films in HD that probably won't show up in either disc format for a while (Star Wars complete film series, anyone ?). So, yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus :rolleyes:.

Sorry to disagree with you on this. As much as I enjoy my HD DVD players, my Panasonics are my favorite players. The Panasonics have been the most rock solid player out there.
S~
I doubt your current BD players will do BD-Live. IF you have no interest in that then you are all set. IF you do , too bad.

I doubt your current BD players will do BD-Live. IF you have no interest in that then you are all set. IF you do , too bad.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends on the movie and features. Community screening on HP was killer. PiP I usually watch on a second run. I don't like to be distracted from the movie the first time.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)