Tell Warner How You Feel

I just say the post on the Panny CES. I saw that I look forward to seeing the specs on it. That could be a good thing.

Thank elwaylite. For anyone else here in the link.

This is the type of player that would make me feel more comfortable in now getting into the other side. This news however won't stop me from buying HD DVD if a movie I want is out. My player still works and should work for a while.

I will keep my eye on this player I wish they had a MSRP.

Shawn

Another thought. It would be nice if they would sell the DVD and Blu-ray copy together at a discounted rate for those Disney family movies. It is hard to buy a kids movie on Blu-ray or even HD-DVD when my kid can't watch in the van. This did force me to decide on either the Combo (which was easy) or buying on DVD or HD DVD. DVD (wife and kid) won every time.

Last edited:
I've just been waiting for a blu ray player that supports 1.1 and can bitstream all the HD audio for a good price. Got the Tosiba HD-A35 which supports pic in pic and bitstreams the HD audio for $400. When will a Blu Ray player be close to that price for the setup I have? I check on Amazon all the time. I really hope by the time Warner goes exclusive they go down a little more. I'll pay $500 for a GREAT PLAYER it just has to support what I got!! Soon, very soon!!!

I've just been waiting for a blu ray player that supports 1.1 and can bitstream all the HD audio for a good price. Got the Tosiba HD-A35 which supports pic in pic and bitstreams the HD audio for $400. When will a Blu Ray player be close to that price for the setup I have? I check on Amazon all the time. I really hope by the time Warner goes exclusive they go down a little more. I'll pay $500 for a GREAT PLAYER it just has to support what I got!! Soon, very soon!!!

The BD30 doesnt meet those specs?

"The Panasonic is the first player that can retrieve full resolution TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio from a disc and pass them to a receiver in native bitstream form."

Its $400 on Amazon.

Actually NO, there is no internet connection!!!! No since of getting one without being able to connect to the net for web enabled features and future upgrades!

The new Panasonic BD50 will have BD Live(2.0). No price yet.

Im willing to bet the PS3 gets it too.

I bought the Pannasonic BD-30 in November and it's a great companion player for my A35. It does bitstream TrueHD & DTS MA to a receiver, and the DTS MA audio on Fox titles is the best audio I've heard on either format.

As to the OP, I'm telling Warner how I feel: I will never, ever buy another Warner product. If there's a Warner high-def release I want to watch, it will be via Netflix or HD satellite.

I've had a Blu-ray player for some time, and look forward to enjoying my current & new BDs, as well as enjoying my HD DVDs for many years to come. I.E., I've moved on. But, reading insider accounts of how this went down has forever soured me on Warner.

I can, I have no interest in it or even PiP. :D

$699, :eek:
How can consumers have whats basicly a computer without an internet connection? The day I opened my A3 the 1st thing I did was hook up the ethernet connection and update it, simple, done, case closed. Who wants open a disk and relize you can't play it until BD mails you a update disk. There are other reasons for the internet connection.

$699 for an incomplete product, I see more of this in our future because now BD will have little to no incentive to drop prices now. All BD manufacturers will now try to make back some of the Money they lost during the war.

Upconvert for me all the way. Realy if they can get one that takes it to HD level.

If HDDVD dies, and BD survives. They eventually become a coaster. I have 8 yr old dvd's, do you think potter in HDDVD will play in 8 years if your player dies and you cant buy another?

Oh I know, BD's successor will be both HDDVD and BD compatible!

If this is HDDVD's last year, I see no reason in buying their movies. The HDDVD stuff will be out on Blu eventually.
NONSENSE. You think that HD DVD drives themselves will stop being manufactured? The discs can also be ripped. Just recently an HD DVD writer was announced in a Toshiba laptop. :rolleyes:

You guys are funny, did you quit buying Paramount when they screwed BD over, uh no because it was in your favor.

Now that the shoes on the other foot everybody's all hurt, boohoo. Warner will miss you :rolleyes: Dont forget that HDDVD got outbid, its not like they were left out of the party.

How can consumers have whats basicly a computer without an internet connection? The day I opened my A3 the 1st thing I did was hook up the ethernet connection and update it, simple, done, case closed. Who wants open a disk and relize you can't play it until BD mails you a update disk. There are other reasons for the internet connection.

$699 for an incomplete product, I see more of this in our future because now BD will have little to no incentive to drop prices now. All BD manufacturers will now try to make back some of the Money they lost during the war.
:up:up:up:up

Upconvert for me all the way. Realy if they can get one that takes it to HD level.

Umm:

*) I have no interest in extras, have said this for MONTHS. opinions are like , well you know the rest There is also the fact I have only laptops and verizon pccard internet, I have no use for home internet.

The $699 is a FULL featrued player, did you read. BDLIVE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)