Thank You letters to VOOM and Charles Dolan

To: Mr. Charles Dolan
VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

I would like to express my support and thanks to you for bringing us VOOM. Beacuse of your vision and courage, I have had the chance of enjoying the best HD program.

T.Y.T.
VOOM customer since November 2003.

VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

Thank you for your perseverance in bringing us VOOM!

I want to thank you particularly for the superb mix of exclusive channels which were so beautifully thought out and implemented. My family and I learned so much about art from Gallery HD and were able to experience galleries that we will probably never see first hand. Equator, Rush, Ultra, Auction, even HDNews -- the whole package was wonderful. You made television a pleasure again.

We are home schoolers, and we were just starting to spread the word about VOOM. VOOM would have been a perfect addition to every home school family.

Here's wishing you the best and every success in your next endeavors. Thank you again for making VOOM possible even for a short while.

J.D.H. and family

P.S. -- We bought our HDTV after we subscribed to VOOM and only for use with VOOM!

VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

Thank you for having the courage and taking the risk to bring us VOOM!

Even though the future does not look good now after the recent cablevision board meeting, I will forever be honored to say that I experienced your product for the past 8 months, and will be with you to the end or until that awful day when my HDTV screen just shows static when I turn my Voom box on.

As an after thought, I think the major thing that probably held back subscritions for your service was lack of RSN's, but i think you were in the process of fixing that when the cablevision board recently stuck a dagger in all our hearts. Also, if there is any slim chance of saving the Voom service somehow, I think you may be able to get valuable milage out of marketing the fact that not only does Voom offer supier HD quality and content, but Voom also provides superior SD PQ quality. For anyone with a 50" or bigger TV it is a pleasure watching SD content delivered from Voom, the same channels delivered in SD from Dish Network or DirectTV are almost unwatchable on big TVs because of the amount of compression they do to thier standard SD channels. Hope Voom survives somehow, but if not i am glad to say I truely enjoy/enjoyed your product!!!!!

VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

Thank you for bringing me a clearly superior choice in HD programming. There simply is no other logical choice for an HDTV viewer. You gave viewers a glimpse of what the future can be and I am lucky to have experienced it. Voom is the only service that gives an HD subscriber the most important thing ................... choices. My HD experience will be severely limited and a dissapointing after Voom ends.

Vincent P. Urbano, P.E.
Newport News, VA

VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the HD programming that Voom offers, and how much it makes my purchase of a beautiful 65" HDTV well worth it. I can't believe the dedication Voom has to HD and it's future. The ammount of content you offer, as you know, is FAR and BEYOND what others are offering and the price is unbeatable.

Before I found out about Voom I was stuck in the non HD world and suffering with SD only service. In the case that Voom quits offering service it will be a HUGE blow to the HD revolution as well as consumer choices when it comes to TV service providers. It's obvious that the FCC is failing to do their job in promoting the transition from analog to digital TV, and HD will suffer the same fate if Voom goes off the air.

I for one WILL stay with Voom as long as you offer service. I'm not going to compalin about not having a DVR or home networking system, just keep the GREAT HD content coming.

Thank You,

VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

When I decided to get a High Definition television, I did my initial research and found Voom before I bought the TV. I thought, "Wow, this company will lead the full-scale adoption of HD programming". I had the TV and Voom installed on the same day in January 2004. After a month, I wanted to add another HD television, so I did. I'm a big fan of Voom, and for me, everything has worked since day #1, and that was back in the days before there were any premium packages, and there was no ESPN.

It's been fun for me to watch the Voom service grow and get better. Voom's HD lineup is so far superior to any other provider's lineup that you can't really compare them. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to see what television will be like in the future. And Voom has definitely proven the fact that there are at least 26,000 smart people left in the world.

Michael Stone
The Stone Man
Centennial, Colorado

Voom/Cablevision

1/24/05

Dear Mr. Dolan,

My sincere thanks for being the visionary in a bottom line world and for bringing the future to my living room wall in HD clarity. VOOM is a class offering and class is too easily discounted in today's world of bean counters, sadly enough. Even when every transmission is converted to HD, there will be no equal to VOOM-it has a unique tone and depth of style that cannot be repeated. Thank you for setting that unique tone and that peerless depth of style and the excellent programming I have enjoyed time and again! Thank you for fighting the good fight and very best wishes to you always...

Mr. Dolan,

I was one of the first people to sign up for your service, I live in an area of Tennessee that does not have HDTV service on the local cable system. I wanted HDTV service so much that I plopped down the $800 up front cost. I truly believe that your high definition vision would "pan out" in the long run, and just for the record I am a "beancounter" by profession. It does take large amounts of cash to run any business, amounts of only which I can dream in this case. I have enjoyed Voom and hope that you can keep it going.

Sincerely,

Michael W. Wiggins, CPA

VOOM/Cablevision

01/24/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

Honestly, the day (if ever) that Voom goes dark I will probably cry myself to sleep. It has been such a great ride so far I don't want it to end. I have had so many hours of HD enjoyment now that I can't even imagine going back to regular old television or a reduced amount of HD stations. Thank you for your hard work in trying to feed the need of my TV for some quality HD programming. Good luck with everything, and I hope every effort will be made to keep Voom alive. I really think you've got something here despite the slow start.

Brooks aka theph0xx
Davis, CA

Date: 01/24/05

Mr. Dolan

I have been a Voom subscriber since March 10, 2004. I have been very outspoken in the satelliteguys forum. But I have to admit I became speechless when I read of the events of Jan 20, 2005.
For me Voom was like riding a roller coaster. However I will miss Voom very much. The thought of going back to DirecTv just makes my skin crawl.
I want to say thank you for having the vision to create and stand by an HD service that is so much better than D or E. I will be with Voom until the end. And rest assured if you come up to a solution to this or another provider, I will be one of the first to sign up. It's too bad that others did not have the true vision of HDTV like you do.

Robert Morse
Plano, Texas

To Mr. Charles Dolan

Thank you for this superior product that you gave us, I have been a vavavoomer for almost a year. Seriously I thought I will not see something like this for another 5 years. But when I found voom that's when I decided to spend over $10,000 to enjoy this experience. I am sure there are lots of people who share my thoughts, and everyone who was a reason to knock voom down it's because they have no knowledge about HDTV or they have bought some equipments from other satellite service providers and they are cheap to give them up and move to voom.

I tried cable, and other satellite services, and nothing is like voom. I hope it stays for a long time.

To Mr. C. Dolan
A heartfelt thank you for all the great HD channels that I and my family have been able to enjoy. My 3yr old loves Equator and Discovery HD, my 9 year old loves Rave and Animania. My wife loves the Cinema 10 and I love watching Worldsport. You really gave my family something worth watching all the time. I'l be watching until the end, thanks again.

Kris Ingram and family
Oregon, Ohio

1/25/05

Mr. C Dolan,
I've only been a Voomer for a month now and dang you, I'm so hooked!!
The other options out there for HD programming are so lame. :no
Not much more to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll just end this with a heartfelt Thank You.

Rick

VOOM/Cablevision

01/25/2005

Dear Mr. Dolan,

We got hooked on HDTV using a Samsung STB and a Radio Shack antenna almost two years ago. On a Saturday early in Dec. 2003 we got an offer to join VOOM in the mail. We talked and checked the budget ($800 is a lot of money for us) and by Monday we called 1-800-GETVOOM and talked to a CSR (unfailingly friendly), talked some more and called back for an install.

Our life changed. I'm not much of a TV watcher although my partner is. However, I became a believer in HDTV. We have enjoyed virtually all your exclusive channels and watch them more than nonVOOM channels. They are unique. And then there is simply the matter of numbers. We went over to a friend's house this weekend where I listened to $75,000 speakers while my partner checked out his total of 20(!) HD channels being provided by DirectTV and Comcast. And the quality--not up to VOOM's standards!

Finally, I want to complement several of your staff. First is Wilt who saved VOOM's bacon when we had problems with our original install. Posted on VOOM/Yahoo and he passed it on to Lori H. who has been amazing. Wish I had a record of some of her phone conversations. More recently VOOM's engineer, Peter, helped us get our local PBS HD station back and has continued to work with us on problems with our STB.
These people (and others I'm sure) care about your customers which is all to rare in businesses these days.

Bottom line--we (yep, me as well) love VOOM and are unlikely to move to any other service because there isn't any other service that comes close to VOOM. We'll do our best to survive on OTA if we have no other choice.

Thanks, once again Mr. Dolan for having the dream. We've lived it with you and will as long as we can.

Still watching HDTV under a nearly full moon and cloudless Seattle skies, Gill & Alex

Mr C. Dolan and your supporters,

I have been a 13 foot big dish user since 1983, due to the large variety of programming and the unmatched signal and picture quality. VOOM is the only small dish service that I would ever consider keeping (and will be keeping if you can pull some more rabbits from your hat).

I had a Dish Network installation last fall that was only operational for about 1 hour before I asked the installer to remove it. The NTSC signal quality was totally unsatisfactory to me (after being spoiled for many years by the C-band dish). The limited amount of HDTV on this service was another drawback.

Let me tell you, your VOOM picture quality and programming content exceeded my most optimistic expectations. Despite all the competive nay-sayers and some questionable installers that you have been using across the country, I took the plunge to the small dish world last November. Our installation in San Diego went smoothly and my wife and I quickly became fans of your unique programming and overall commitment to quality.

Let's hope that this time around, the Betamax equivalent in the small dish provider world can survive and flourish despite the false stories/false economies/lesser quality of the "VHS providers" that are out there. Although we are only short time users (since November 04), we have told all of our friends about your service and our happiness with it. You can count my wife and I in as lifetime subscribers to VOOM and to your devotion to quality programming and high technical quality.

If the bastards succeed in keeping you down, we will be going back to the C-band world, not to your small dish competitors.

Thanks for your vision and strong commitment,

Steve Brenneman

Thank You Mr Dolan

1/25/05

To: Mr Charles Dolan
Voom/Cablevision

Dear Mr. Dolan,
I've only been a subscriber for a few weeks, but I was ready to disconnect my old C band system after watching the SD and HD channels on your service. I had Dishnetwork for the last 5 years and was never satified with the picture quality on any of my televisions. This was a very good experience and if Voom dissapears in the near future HD will lose a good friend.
My hat's off to to you for having the vision to start a service like this!

Sat Junkie
Ray Williams
Connecticut

MR Dolan:

I have been with Voom since March 2004 and I have been very satisified with Voom as my main service provider. I enjoyed the various HD channels that Voom offered with their basic HD package. Also the picture quality was very good on both SD and HD channels. Voom is the leader and ahead in HD programming than other providers out there now. No matter what the outcome is, I enjoyed Voom very much and will be with Voom until the end.

James Kvaternik

To: Mr Charles Dolan
Voom/Cablevision

Dear Mr. Dolan,

A short note to add my admiration for your vision to commercialize HDTV, and expedite the technology's acceptance in the American Market.
Voom is truly a leap into the future.
I wish Voom as well as your endeavors good fortune.

Greg W. Stewart
Lambertville, Michigan
Voom subscriber since 6/04

Dear Mr. Dolan,

I wrote you an email already, but forgot to mention something. My wife also loves Voom. For 15 years she has complained about my electronics spending. When I had Voom installed late last year, she watch it for 3 days, then stated that all the money I had spent on our entertainment system was now justified! She could now travel the planet from our living room.

I recently informed her that Voom may be going dark, she wanted the whole story, as much as I know of it anyway, then she sat down and actually cried, not hard mind you, but she had tears in her eyes. Also, I am afraid she now pretty much hates your son James, that’s probably my fault.

Anyway, I have enjoyed Voom greatly and will continue to do so until the very end. I will watch your future endeavors with great anticipation and hope you the best in all things.

Gary Craig

Dear Charles Dolan:

I regret to inform you, that your board and your son, are a**holes. VOOM was the sh*t.

Dvlos