Thank You letters to VOOM and Charles Dolan

Thank you Mr. Dolan....Can't say enough about this great technology offering at a time when these services are so way under provisioned. Can't wait for the state-of-the-art DVR to come and until Verizon gets the fiber up and going this year to the house. I am in the technology industry and frustrated each day watching so many good things go undone with the capabilities we have available to us now. Please use Linux/Unix to drive your products so that when we are able to talk to your DVR, we will have open options. Good luck and thanks again!

Television a wasteland no more

I've had DirecTV and Comcast digital cable, and was disappointed with both. VOOM not only offers a better picture (we are now in the 21st century, aren't we?), the product just flat out works better. The remote interfaces are laid out better and the boxes switch better.
What I think is most important, though, is that the programming is better. GalleryHD, the Lab channel, and Equator are what PBS should be: fine arts and education that can't be found anywhere else. In a perfect world, the government would be funding VOOM, not allowing it to be killed.

What's going on?????

Hey Chucky D,
I am a VOOM employee and I don't know what's going on with VOOM. March 31 is coming up FAST and there has been no word on what we are supposed to do after that. Know one that I work with knows what to do. Everyone is at thier wit's end. Is this any way to treat your employees? This is ridiculous. We are furious!!!! There has been no update as to what's going on and we are all left in limbo. Is Cablevision done with us. If the funding was in place, as we were told at the end of February, whats the hold up? Why has there been not one word from you, to us, in the last few weeks. We are entitled to know what's going on. What gives? This is no way to treat peeople who are making you stinking rich.

voomslave said:
Hey Chucky D,
I am a VOOM employee and I don't know what's going on with VOOM. March 31 is coming up FAST and there has been no word on what we are supposed to do after that. Know one that I work with knows what to do. Everyone is at thier wit's end. Is this any way to treat your employees? This is ridiculous. We are furious!!!! There has been no update as to what's going on and we are all left in limbo. Is Cablevision done with us. If the funding was in place, as we were told at the end of February, whats the hold up? Why has there been not one word from you, to us, in the last few weeks. We are entitled to know what's going on. What gives? This is no way to treat peeople who are making you stinking rich.

read these forums, no one knows whats going to happen, given you have not got your walking papers, you should be happy. If that furious well... find a new job...

voomslave said:
We were given walking papers!!!
Well if thats true, I apologize, and can indeed understand your frustration, but never the less, if that unhappy, look for a new job...

Sean, can you delete post 150 till 154. (Includes this one). Has nothing to do with this thread.
Voomslave, if you want to complain, open an own thread. Purpose of this one is to THANK Chuck for what he's trying to accomplish. Uncertainty is never a good feeling, and IMHO you showing some of your frustration, can have it's place. I think, you will find some people here that feel a certain frustration, too, but then from a customer perspective. (Not me, it's 'just' TV. It's better, it's Voom TV, but still, all is relative...) But you really should start your own thread.
But that's just my .02. If Sean or others think this is the place, I am sure they just will delete this one... :)

Off-topic posts deleted.

Mr. Dolan,
I'm writing to say how great VoOm is, the HD quality along with the SD quality is far superior to cable. Granted, I've been a Voom customer for about 2 weeks, it is something I wish everybody can experience, it is just that good. The only thing I can tell anybody who hasn't experienced the HD on Voom is, "it's like seeing for the first time!". I can only hope you can succeed through your current distractions. I would have to say, Voom being taken away now, is a great injustice to everyone! Thank you again.

T Lee
Aurora, IL

Dear Mr. Dolan-

Today, I upgraded my VOOM base package to Va Va VOOM. Your recent additions, plus my plan to cut back on E* services prompted me to do it. I was also very surprised to learn that you are recognizing the early VOOM adopters with a continuance of our original pricing. While I expected to pay the new rates, keeping the original ones was a nice gift. I am looking forward to the PVR and will add it as soon as I can. Good luck with your acquisition of the VOOM assets from Cablevision. We all are wishing you great success in the process. For one who really enjoys HDTV, Voom is a dream come true. Hopefully, some day soon you can work things out with Mark Cuban too and have the HDNet channels. That would be a dream come true for many Voom enthusiasts.

Thanks again and never give up! We're standing behind you with our unsolicited support.

Mr. Dolan,

I have been a Voom customer since July 2004. I have to tell you that I love the service and the quality. Thank you for fighting for your vision. I love my Voom.

Voom watcher and Installer - NEED VOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been installing the voom system all over south texas and have not run into many people that dont like it, and i "LOVE IT". Mr Dolan, KEEP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need VOOM, i need VOOM, We all need VOOM
VOOM VOOM VOOM VOOM VOOM VOOM

not sure what else to say but Voom is how i support my family, dont want to go back to D**H or DIR**TV

so lie, cheat, and steal if you have to keep it going :)

Johnny
San Antonio Tx

Dear Jim Dolan,

Would you please buy Clear Channel Communications and shut it down too?

Thank you.

...While you're at it...

Jamey K said:
Dear Jim Dolan,

Would you please buy Clear Channel Communications and shut it down too?

Thank you.

Dear Mr. Dolan,

While you're at it, would you please buy the weather division from the Walt Disney Company, and turn the valve for east coast operations back to "normal"?

Thanks for your concern.

Mr. Dolan and the entire staff at Voom--

Thanks for all the hard work and for having the vision that was Voom. It's rare that a company truly looks forward into the future and tries to bring the rest of us forward to meet that vision. I was happy to be a part of it as a subscriber, if only for a little while. I think you all should be quite proud of what you did, and, more importantly, for what you were trying to do until the very last.

Best wishes and thanks again,
Shane Walker
Chicago, IL

Mr. Dolan,

I know that you have put up a good fight in trying to save Voom and even went so far as to put up your money to continue the service beyond the expected shutdown date. I am sorry to see Voom go as are the thousands of other customers who enjoyed Voom's quality of service and extensive content of HDTV programming. If this has to be the end of Voom, then we all know that it is not your fault that the service is going away, and we all applaud your efforts to keep the service alive.
We all hope that maybe you will be able to start another company which is privately held by you, and any investors you may have, that will be able to bring HD Satellite service back to us who truly appreciate quality HDTV content. We have not given up on you Mr. Dolan and we all know that if the fight for Voom has been lost, then we all know that you did your best to save this great service we have enjoyed called Voom!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts