Thank You, Scott, Satellite Guys & Dish Network! (NEW PHOTOS ADDED)

No. At least not this year. THey plan on heavily promoting it this Summer and Fall.

Americas only ALL HD package for $29.99 a month plus a free HD DVR. They say that no one can match it.

I think he was asking about the $20 HD Ultimate, not HD-only. You know the one where an extra $10 gets you 6 HD channels (2 of which are going to be pretty dull in a couple months) and something that smells like fish.

Scott, I did have a (8GB) memory card in my camera, so I do have some pictures. ;)
I will post them when I get home: I am still on the road.

I left Dish in Feb. 08- and opted for Direct TV for obvious reasons. I like HDTV. Two days ago I received my 6th phone call from Dish wanting to know why I left and arguing that they have the most HD. By going down the list of Direct HD channels with the Dish rep, Dish fell way short. He then offered to pay me for 6 months of my Direct charges, if I broke my contract with Direct as well as some credits for 12 months, if I came back to Dish.
As far as equipment reliability, I can only say that two dish receivers failed me the first 6 months I was with them and to date my Direct HDDVR's have not failed. Also, rain fade is now almost a bad memory.
I love this site but please do not become a shill for the Dish Network. Tell it like it is. They are still way behind in sports coverage, as well as the quantity and quality of HD offerings, customer service in English, and on demand services. They are desperately trying to catch up to their credit. They have a long way to go.

As a member who attended last year, and was unable to this year, I can say I sure wish I could've been there again!
I enjoyed the frankness of the meeting, and can completetly understand why some things discussed in that room will never leave that room! That is why we get the one-on-one with Charlie, and Eric.
It is a great special perk of being a SatGuys member, to have the chance to go to these meetings. I realize that most people cannot make them, but if you ever get the chance - it's definately worth it!
Scott - sorry I couldn't make it this year, but hope to be able to make it to Denver!
GoalieBob - I know how you feel! I came out of our meeting last year wishing I was able to be part of the "team". Charlie can seem to be bone-headed at times, but when you can talk with him, face to face, you know that he knows exactly what he's doing!

Tom in TX

No. At least not this year. THey plan on heavily promoting it this Summer and Fall.

Americas only ALL HD package for $29.99 a month plus a free HD DVR. They say that no one can match it.

No, he was referring to the second tier of HD added to ATxxx SD packages - HD Essentials is the HD versions of the SD channels for $10, and HD Ultimate adds the HD-exclusive channels like Voom for an additional $10.

Many are feeling that it is no longer worth $10 additional with 15 less channels...

I was asking about the Ulitmate package price. Specifically the below channels are what left with the absense of Voom and they are not worth the $10 extra or $1.42 per channel that equates to. E* needs to drop the price or add some channels quickly.

Universal
MGM
WFN
NHL
HDNet Movies
Smithsonian
NBA

I just came back home from Nashville. Here are some pics from the Meet and Greet and from the show floor.

Attachments

• MeetAndGreet1.JPG
    MeetAndGreet1.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 159
  • MeetAndGreet2.JPG
    MeetAndGreet2.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 182
  • MeetAndGreet3.JPG
    MeetAndGreet3.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 188
  • MeetAndGreet4.JPG
    MeetAndGreet4.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 204
  • MeetAndGreet5.JPG
    MeetAndGreet5.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 225
  • TeamSummit1.JPG
    TeamSummit1.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 253
  • TeamSummit2.JPG
    TeamSummit2.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 218
  • TeamSummit3.JPG
    TeamSummit3.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 12,145
  • TeamSummit4.JPG
    TeamSummit4.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 291
  • TeamSummit5.JPG
    TeamSummit5.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 317

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts