That was strange...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is the problem is caused by the plugins.

I have gone through and shut of ALL the plugins and the problem went away. I turned them back on and went through them shutting them off one by one and couldn't make it go away. This to me means it is a combination of plugins. So I need to find the secret sauce to fix the issue. However since the problem isn't actually a problem (everything on that one page works fine) the only issue is people see the garbage on top of the profile page.

Since we have moved over to MySQLi the server has been running grat, the daily slowdown we have having with the database has gone away. Thats a good thing. :)

The problem is we don't know WHICH plug-in is generating that query. We have NEVER used that userid with MySQL.

There are 40+ plugins, and turning them each off and on one-by-one is time-consuming, and Scott hasn't had the time to devote to it.

Don't assume you know everything about how the system is put together.
I didn't assume I know your system config, I'm assuming I have some knowledge troubleshooting similar systems (Oracle, MS SQL) and post my initial view.
Anyway, you guys could play with plug-ins, I would start from logs...

Also, it could be false alarm, but better check it, then have more troubles later - unusual activity in user's DB and unknown account name often lead to discovering attempts to dump user's accounts info by malicious software.

Ok the issue with the extra garbage code in the user profile has been FIXED. :)

I upgraded us to vBulletin 3.8.0 Beta 1 and the problem went away. :D

Ok the issue with the extra garbage code in the user profile has been FIXED. :)

I upgraded us to vBulletin 3.8.0 Beta 1 and the problem went away. :D
Thanks, that was annoying but not critical.

But NOW, every time I come in to check on things, I have to log in again.
Is that a side effect?
If so , that -is- critical !

edit: also just confirmed another problem I had a few hours ago.
A sent PM doesn't show up in my outgoing PM box (no, it's not full)
When I sent one just now and it didn't show, I backed up the browser and methodically re-sent it.
Nada. Nothing in the out box. Strange.
I have no idea if it was sent or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts