Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
the-sloth said:
Scott-

you get any info from your sources on what happened yesterday?

Mum is the word, the two contact I have spoke to today have said that they can't talk about it.

That makes it seem like some kind of legal issue to me.

byron!

SatelliteGuys Guru
Aug 30, 2004
chelsea, nyc
ugh.. that doesn't sound good. did they give you any sense of hope that it might be resolved sooner rather than later? thanks as always for your valuable information.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Yeah, it's exaclty what we've been talking about, wasn't some hoax. I've been trying to search the FCC for something, but can't find anything. However The HDTV Demo Channel and CBS HD East were moved around on 61.5 today opening up a transponder, so things may get resolved...

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I would hope and think this would and could be resolved by the World Series.

I would hope sooner.

These are my thoughts not thoughts from anyone at Dish or DirecTV. :)

Yes Dish did move a lot of channels around today.

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
I think the fact that this is all going on under the general media radar is a positive sign. If one or both sides go public that could signal a more prolonged battle. This is of course assuming that E* is behind the holdup.

NightRyder

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
So until Dish gets theirs all going (FOX-HD?) we D* customers have to wait? Like I said eariler.this sux.........Maybe sometime next year D* will just blow everyone away.........all they can say is..........."we're in deep doo-doo" :mad:

NightRyder

1978 Y88 T/A 6.6 4 spd 1978-2020 RIP
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
NW Oregon
D* folks. Check your guides. A poster over at AVS Forums says the channels are showing up on the guide at least.

NightRyder

byron!

SatelliteGuys Guru
Aug 30, 2004
chelsea, nyc
wahoooo! they are saying it only says ALCS in the guide... i would rather have them full time, but i'll take what i can get!

on second thought... they probably are full time, otherwise... why would they do NY and LA feeds if it were only for the ALCS. <fingers crossed>

reger

Oct 8, 2004
Louisville, CO
slacker9876 said:
Well Rob, go to the site sponsor VE and order a Zenith Silver Sensor. You may even look locally. The Big Picture and SoundTrack both offer this as far as I know. You have a good shot at KDVR, KUSA, KRMA, KCNC,KDBI and KWGN.

The OTA feeds are cleaner than what is currently on D*, I can say this because I get both. But very few seem to get KMGH.

I would try without an amplifier for now. See what you get.

I tried the Silver Sensor when I first got my HDTiVo, but no luck. Just ordered a DB4 antenna and pre-amp (it'll be a long cable run from the roof) from antennasdirect.com, so hopefully that'll get me up and running. Looking forward to seeing the difference between the DirecTV HD feeds and OTA.

Thanks,
Rob.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I don't see them. I even tried logging into my account and still nothing. I do get NBC and CBS HD channels so it should show up for me too.

Ramy

Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Charleston/Huntington
Zip 41102
I have waivers.

byron!

SatelliteGuys Guru
Aug 30, 2004
chelsea, nyc
while im glad we are getting baseball i can't believe D* is letting charlie strong arm them and keep FoxHD off D* as a full time channel.

Ramy

Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
the-sloth said:
cool, an ashland native. i used to have family there, they just moved a couple years ago.

yep been here all my 30 years of life. LOL :D

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
the-sloth said:
while im glad we are getting baseball i can't believe D* is letting charlie strong arm them and keep FoxHD off D* as a full time channel.
I don't believe this is because of Dish, I believe this is because of the NFL.

As I reported here a few weeks ago FOX HD would probably not be the full FOX schedule until after football season was over.

byron!

SatelliteGuys Guru
Aug 30, 2004
chelsea, nyc
Scott Greczkowski said:
I don't believe this is because of Dish, I believe this is because of the NFL.

As I reported here a few weeks ago FOX HD would probably not be the full FOX schedule until after football season was over.

you mean b/c of the bandwidth required for NFLST-HD or the increased amount of HD games available to non ST subs via FoxHD E/W?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Another ST Blackout thread

Picture quality levels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)