THE OFFICAL ANYTHING ABOUT FOXHD THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think there's someone at D* reading these forums and having a good laugh, he got them again!

Fox HD Pulled due to legal threat from Dishentwork

My friend over in legal just told me that the reason why Fox HD was pulled at the last moment was becuase of the contract with Fox and EchoStar (Dishnetwork).

Turns out Charlie did not like the contract terms even though they were the exact same terms they offered Direct TV. Charlie threaten to require mediation and an court order under the merger terms with news corp.

Also there were words on the price and how money charged to Direct TV is not really the same Dollar value (funny money cost centers) since they are part owned by the same company and the profit would be a wash.

My source said they will be meeting again on Thrusday to continue talks.

Man, if this is true, Charlie is in some deep crap. He seems to be running scared! I hope DirecTV puts up some kind of fight to prevent other people from trying to add certain HD channels to their lineup.

I can't beleive this was never thought of. Well it does make sense, D* had to go through a bunch of leagal work to merge with Fox. So Dish Network can hold this up in court if they aren't offered a fair deal.

Fox HD Pulled due to legal threat from Dishentwork

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------not my Friend

My friend over in legal just told me that the reason why Fox HD was pulled at the last moment was becuase of the contract with Fox and EchoStar (Dishnetwork).

Turns out Charlie did not like the contract terms even though they were the exact same terms they offered Direct TV. Charlie threaten to require mediation and an court order under the merger terms with news corp.

Also there were words on the price and how money charged to Direct TV is not really the same Dollar value (funny money cost centers) since they are part owned by the same company and the profit would be a wash.

My source said they will be meeting again on Thrusday to continue talks.

BFG said:
I can't beleive this was never thought of. Well it does make sense, D* had to go through a bunch of leagal work to merge with Fox. So Dish Network can hold this up in court if they aren't offered a fair deal.

But I still don't understand how that can hold up Directv turning it on. It's ridiculous and a bad precedence for Directv to set by allowing Charlie to pull this stunt.

Im just sitting here shaking my head, I expected to get home and hear people happy to be watching the big game.

As I mentioned before from all my contacts at DirecTV it was ALL things go for tonight.

Did Dish pull something? I don't know... You can bet I am going to do some digging tommorow.

I'm rotflmao. This is too hilarious...

Looks like D* wont get it until it's settled that E* will get it as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)