THE OFFICAL ANYTHING ABOUT FOXHD THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Directv is telling me that they are not showing the game at all. Nobody is watching the game and the CSR said he went and checked their HD receiver and said that it was not on.

I am blacked out for some reason. I have waivers and still blacked out. Also called Directv and they said that nobody is able to watch it, they even went and checked their own HD box and they told me that they couldn't see it.

ha ha tell your CSR to call me, I am watching and I don' teven like baseball!!!! It looks way better on my OTA then on 88

I received it here in Phx AZ on channel 88 - I am in Fox O and O, and believe it or not - the DirecTV HD looked better than my local OTA

FOX HD--How was it???

I was at the game last night so I did not get to see how the quality was for the game on FOX-HD. Can anybody fill me in???

Was it overcompressed? Was the sound true 5.1? Was it available in the major cities...NY, LA???

I also switched a few times and my OTA was better, but barely. It had truer blacks and brighter colors. To put this in a mathematical sense the D* feed was 95% of what my OTA was, but I could tell. Both signals are processed by my HTL-HD.

it sucks for us who have waviers and can't get fox HD while you guys are flipping back and forth between 2 HD feeds and comparing. I would gladly settle for one feed. You guys are damn lucky.

Nice!

The PQ and sound were very good. Some occational pixelation with dark backgrounds. Fox must have had a mike directed at the catcher because with every pitch you could really hear the ball popping in the mitt.
Paul

I think they were only letting the feed go to people in O&O cites which ny is i think.

gluck75 said:
Does anyone know if you need a waiver for NYC? I don't think you do...

I'm in NYC and was able to watch the game both OTA and on channel 88.

I had the HOU/STL game on OTA local fox and BOS/NYY on D* 88, the D* feed appeared to be softer then the OTA feed. Now I know that's comparing apples to oranges but the OTA looked sharped IMHO. Example, closeup's of players OTA you could see their 5 o'clock shadow much better then on D*.

rad said:
I had the HOU/STL game on OTA local fox and BOS/NYY on D* 88, the D* feed appeared to be softer then the OTA feed. Now I know that's comparing apples to oranges but the OTA looked sharped IMHO. Example, closeup's of players OTA you could see their 5 o'clock shadow much better then on D*.

Are you in an O&O market?

I thought it looked good. During the gamebreaks and when they went to bonus coverage of the Cards-Astros game I thought the NL game looked better. Maybe all the reds in the crowd helped out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.