The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For interest, I added an HR20 running 0x9e3 from early December (this had been pushed as a new NR at that time). Went through startup and to live TV without any issues. This was tuners 20 and 21. Signal strengths all OK, no 99cr or 103cr of course.
Dish type is automatically set to the 3LNB reverse band so that must have been in the firmware some time ago.
Do you have a H24 or H25 that you can experiment with? The firmware for them is still 0x09DD, I'm curious if they'll work with the new reverse band lnb.

The wife is chasing me out the door here. CR sreeens on the 21 and the 25. No time to check the 24.
I did not get cr screens on my HR20, but I had already noticed sometimes the cr screens were not there on my Hr24s and sometimes they were. I'll check again.

OK, found the issue. If you connect the DVR to the dish, and go to sat setup, it shows the new reverse band dish. But unless you continue with sat setup, the signal screens relate to the old setup. I noticed this because one of my HRs had been connected to a 5LNB dish, and the 110/119 screens were still there(and no cr screens) even though the dish type was showing the new reverse band 3LNB. Running setup in full got rid of the 110/119 screens, and enabled the cr screens for 99 and 103.

Reactions: rockaway1836
OK, found the issue. If you connect the DVR to the dish, and go to sat setup, it shows the new reverse band dish. But unless you continue with sat setup, the signal screens relate to the old setup. I noticed this because one of my HRs had been connected to a 5LNB dish, and the 110/119 screens were still there(and no cr screens) even though the dish type was showing the new reverse band 3LNB. Running setup in full got rid of the 110/119 screens, and enabled the cr screens for 99 and 103.
This is correct, because until you finish 'telling' the ird it has a new lnb it doesn't know exactly what to do and will still try to display programming from what it "knew". For example any channel on 99,101,103 would have worked fine, but if you went to any channel on the 119 you would have gotten a 771. Where as now any channel on the 119 has been removed from the guide data entirely.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is correct, because until you finish 'telling' the ird it has a new lnb it doesn't know exactly what to do and will still try to display programming from what it "knew". For example any channel on 99,101,103 would have worked fine, but if you went to any channel on the 119 you would have gotten a 771. Where as now any channel on the 119 has been removed from the guide data entirely.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yes, I agree. I should have remembered this from replacing a 5LNB SWM with a 3LNB SWM some time ago. The dish setting looked fine but until you go through full sat setup the old settings still apply.

I even showed signal strength numbers on 119 before I completed the sat setup when switching from an sl5 to an sl3.

Those signals were actually from 101. Think back to how the pre-SWM systems worked. To get 119, you just put a 22KHz tone onto the line. So an 18v signal would give you an even transponder on 101. 18v plus 22Khz would give you the same numbered transponder on 119. If the dish/LNB did not receive 119, it ignored the 22Khz and you just got the 101 signals instead. Internally, the 3LNB works the same way. Ask for a 119 transponder, it gives you 101.

Reactions: raoul5788
I even showed signal strength numbers on 119 before I completed the sat setup when switching from an sl5 to an sl3.
To note;

Because of the way it is internally wired, those 119 levels were actually coming from xpndrs 22-32 at 101W whenever you are looking at the 119 signal level screen displayed with a SL-3 LNB installed.

Same applies to the 110W screen I think. Xpndrs 8, 10, and 12 are actually coming from 101W xpndrs 28, 30, and 32W.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Reactions: raoul5788
Yes, see my post just before yours. You are correct about 110.

To note;

Because of the way it is internally wired, those 119 levels were actually coming from xpndrs 22-32 at 101W whenever you are looking at the 119 signal level screen displayed with a SL-3 LNB installed.

Same applies to the 110W screen I think. Xpndrs 8, 10, and 12 are actually coming from 101W xpndrs 28, 30, and 32.

Corrected my earlier post ...

Forgive the basic question again, just trying to learn. :)

Does this use the 21v power inserter, green label? Just trying to picture what everything would look/work like all set up.

Thanks much :)

Forgive the basic question again, just trying to learn. :)

Does this use the 21v power inserter, green label? Just trying to picture what everything would look/work like all set up.

Thanks much :)
Yes....

However, SWiM integrated LNBs like this one can actually use a 21v PI (or the black colored one) or a 29v PI (the gray colored one).

Though the external modules like the SWiM-8 or SWiM-16 should only be used with the 29v PI. Never a 21v.

Yes....

However, SWiM integrated LNBs like this one can actually use a 21v PI (or the black colored one) or a 29v PI (the gray colored one).

Though the external modules like the SWiM-8 or SWiM-16 should only be used with the 29v PI. Never a 21v.

But the HR54 can also power the reverse band lnb.

Thank you both for the information. I hadn't realized a HR54 could power everything.

So my current set-up is a 16 SWim, with the 29v inverter. Now, if/when I went to 4k, I'd get the HR54 along with the mini. Could just reuse the 29v inverter? Or, could use the HR54 to supply everything?

Again, thank you very much for the information. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)