The unofficial pity-party thread

astrossuperfan

Baseball Junkie
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
H-town, Tejas
I moved to a new apartment and it turns out that I have no LOS for Voom, D*, or E* due to trees. I have to go back to the horrible tragedy that is *cable*. :river

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Did you try to get Voom and had no luck due to LOS issues? If anyone else feels my pain, feel free to share here. :(

Must...fight... urge to chop down trees...
lumberjack.jpg

I switched to cable last week and I'm really pleased, guess it just depends upon your location.

Hey Astro... is that axe sharp, I have a few downed trees that need cutting up for firewood for next winter... since you won't be watching much HD, come on over and make yourself useful...

I say chop 'em hehe, or have lightning strike the trees (well you burn them and blame it on the strike) :p

I was not able to get VOOM

Being located in the (great?) Pacific Northwest, the VOOM satellite is very low on the horizon. I have a great shot to Dtv, but alas, trees (tall ones at that) are in the direct LOS for VOOM :( The only place the install could POSSIBLY locate the dish would be in a horse pasture behind my house, and that installation would require a 10' pole. I would have to dig a long trench just to get the cable to my house :eek: The installer said that for us up here in the PNW, there must be clearance between 90-100 degrees or they won't install VOOM. The trees in question are on a wetland, so removal is not going to happen. Maybe someday VOOM will put a satellite up that will cover the West coast better? :confused:

kryten98371 said:
..........The only place the install could POSSIBLY locate the dish would be in a horse pasture behind my house, and that installation would require a 10' pole. I would have to dig a long trench just to get the cable to my house :eek: .............

hrmm....i'm not seeing the problem....

10' pole+shovel and some manual labor=Voom

I've done a lot more for a lot less... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)