The unofficial pity-party thread

astrossuperfan

Baseball Junkie
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
H-town, Tejas
I moved to a new apartment and it turns out that I have no LOS for Voom, D*, or E* due to trees. I have to go back to the horrible tragedy that is *cable*. :river

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Did you try to get Voom and had no luck due to LOS issues? If anyone else feels my pain, feel free to share here. :(

Must...fight... urge to chop down trees...
lumberjack.jpg

occammd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 19, 2004
I switched to cable last week and I'm really pleased, guess it just depends upon your location.

voomvoom

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
May 18, 2004
Lizella, Georgia Republic
Hey Astro... is that axe sharp, I have a few downed trees that need cutting up for firewood for next winter... since you won't be watching much HD, come on over and make yourself useful...

DRAKO

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 30, 2004
VA
I say chop 'em hehe, or have lightning strike the trees (well you burn them and blame it on the strike) :p

kryten98371

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
May 19, 2004
Puyallup, WA
I was not able to get VOOM

Being located in the (great?) Pacific Northwest, the VOOM satellite is very low on the horizon. I have a great shot to Dtv, but alas, trees (tall ones at that) are in the direct LOS for VOOM :( The only place the install could POSSIBLY locate the dish would be in a horse pasture behind my house, and that installation would require a 10' pole. I would have to dig a long trench just to get the cable to my house :eek: The installer said that for us up here in the PNW, there must be clearance between 90-100 degrees or they won't install VOOM. The trees in question are on a wetland, so removal is not going to happen. Maybe someday VOOM will put a satellite up that will cover the West coast better? :confused:

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2004
kryten98371 said:
..........The only place the install could POSSIBLY locate the dish would be in a horse pasture behind my house, and that installation would require a 10' pole. I would have to dig a long trench just to get the cable to my house :eek: .............

hrmm....i'm not seeing the problem....

10' pole+shovel and some manual labor=Voom

I've done a lot more for a lot less... :)

New Boxes with New Software, so where is ours?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)