They think were idiots

sorry, had to go back to work.........give me a few and I'll get back with you

vurbano said:
thats not your real pic is it?

I sure hope not!

It's actually Ed Grimley (played by Martin Short) made famous during his many Saturday Night Live skits...I must say! When I first joined the Voom Forum, I noticed Sean Mota, Mr. Biggles, Chuhnke, and Walter L all had avitars...and Sean had a killer signature line. This was the best I could come up with on short notice. NTB I suppose. :(

Anyway, I have been too lazy to update my profile. But perhaps we have found the new Voom Guide Guy? :D

rkr0923 said:
I'm enjoying HD also............with my old receiver. The problem is, Voom insist it's my Antenna when I know without a doubt it is Not! Have they ask me about the red icon, Nope. Just want to sell me a "upgrade" antenna and a service call in 2 weeks from a guy who knows nothing to begin with. What she should've said is "were have someone out Today" and I would've worked that.
To me it's like a ordering a burger @ McDonald's and them saying "were have that out to you on Friday". I'm sorry if you guys can't understand that.

Actually, I have the same problem that you have. The Voom guy left and told me to let it download for an hour, but that I should receive all my locals. As of today, I have 0 locals. I had one yesterday, but it's not there anymore.

I called Voom today and they were very helpful and are going to come out Monday and upgrade my antenna at no charge to me. :eek: Sometimes I think it's all in how you talk to people.

Either way, they also have me mapped to Roanoke, VA when I am actually a lot closer to Greensboro, NC. I was getting everything but Fox with a Silver Sensor antenna pointed due south. I can still use the antenna as it is in my digital antenna slot on the back of my tv, but I want to receive my locals through the Voom receiver.

I'm willing to be patient and give them a few days to get it right, but I have my doubts given the current situation. :smug

Works alot better when hooked up right.............I have locals
I do have another question............any way to center the picture?
It's off to the left just a bit. I have tried the video output setting but it didn't help any.
I recall seeing a screen when the installer was here that had something about horizontial postion but I can't find that screen. Is it something only Voom can access?
Oh yeah, one more.........I might rather have the B'ham locals because they have UPN, can they change that?

rkr0923 said:
It's off to the left just a bit. I have tried the video output setting but it didn't help any.
I recall seeing a screen when the installer was here that had something about horizontial postion but I can't find that screen. Is it something only Voom can access?
Oh yeah, one more.........I might rather have the B'ham locals because they have UPN, can they change that?

So what was the problem? What exactly did you do to get your locals? I need to know because I can't get mine either.

rkr0923 said:
Good, I am scincerely happy for you. you can access the Horizontal and Vertical settings yourself but I don't know if they actually work yet, it's worth a try I suppose. On the remote press the Voom button and then the green button for 'options and settings' a list will appear and i is one of the 8 selections. To change what locals ou have mapped you need to send an email to Sean Mota and he will forward your info to the right folks or you can wait for the next software updae which will allow you to do it. Just remember to turn the STB of with either the remote or on the box. This puts the box into standb mode.

Mr. Old School said:
So what was the problem? What exactly did you do to get your locals? I need to know because I can't get mine either.
He had the OTA cable connected to the wrong coax input on the STB, look at the photos in posts #30 and #43. If you have a diplexor, only one cable going to the STB, yours will have a little box covering the two inputs. Loo at the STB FAQ's for more info on the connections.

Congrats rkr, what a clusterf$&k this install has been. An improperly installed OTA module. Whats next to spawn a voom sucks thread?

rkr0923 said:
that ain't where he put mine........I'll move it over there and see, thanks

I can tell you where I'd like to put my foot. You are a total waste of bandwidth! All the bitching that you have done in this thread and all you had to do was a little troubleshooting. Like maybe taking a look at the back of your STB! If I was a CSR and you called me- I'd delete your account.

Geez, I really hope you did cancel Voom.

BTW, Did you ever win a Spelling Bee? Sorry- I know the answer.

correction............I didn't, the installer did. I can see how, there is nothing on the back that says input/output, just little stick drawings that really don't look like much other than the Sat drawing. The "OTA in" looks like a power pole, not a antenna. I tired that Horizontal and Vertical settings under video output, no change. Tried them all, from 0 to -15. As I said before, when the installer was doing something I saw a different screen that I can't access now??????????????????

rkr0923 said:
1 YES
2 YES
3 YES
4 NO
5 YES
6 NO

You sound like them..........I'm not a idiot, everything has been checked and double checked

Everything has been checked and double checked..LOLOLOLOLOLLMAO!!!!!! Loser! You have been rude to Sean and everyone else in this thread. And there are acutal STB rear panel pictures here in this forum, you could have just looked it up! BUT NOOOOOOO! You'd rather slam those trying to help your lame ass!

'nuff said!

Attachments

• DSR-550back.jpg
    DSR-550back.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 155
wasch_24 said:
He had the OTA cable connected to the wrong coax input on the STB, look at the photos in posts #30 and #43. If you have a diplexor, only one cable going to the STB, yours will have a little box covering the two inputs. Loo at the STB FAQ's for more info on the connections.

How do you get the little box off? There's a little twist screw that turns like half a turn, but the box doesn't come loose. I'd like to take a look at mine and see what's what.

Ignore seawaves, it's not like acting like an a$$ helps prove someone else is too. Good luck.

Mr. Old School said:
How do you get the little box off? There's a little twist screw that turns like half a turn, but the box doesn't come loose. I'd like to take a look at mine and see what's what.
I personally don't know how it comes off, I've never tried. If that box, the diplexor, is there then you probably only have one line going to the STB. You should call Voom and schedule a service call, once you do try contacting the install company and request that they don't send you the same installer if you weren't happy with the first one's performance.

Mr. Old School said:
Actually, I have the same problem that you have. The Voom guy left and told me to let it download for an hour, but that I should receive all my locals. As of today, I have 0 locals. I had one yesterday, but it's not there anymore.

I called Voom today and they were very helpful and are going to come out Monday and upgrade my antenna at no charge to me. :eek: Sometimes I think it's all in how you talk to people.

Either way, they also have me mapped to Roanoke, VA when I am actually a lot closer to Greensboro, NC. I was getting everything but Fox with a Silver Sensor antenna pointed due south. I can still use the antenna as it is in my digital antenna slot on the back of my tv, but I want to receive my locals through the Voom receiver.

I'm willing to be patient and give them a few days to get it right, but I have my doubts given the current situation. :smug

Mr. Old School,

Your Roanoke locals look pretty weak (low-power and not many of them). Greensboro is certainly your best bet. Just in case you weren't already aware of their existence, I would like to direct you to the following sites:

First, find the lattitude/longitude of your home address:
http://www.geocode.com/modules.php?name=TestDrive_Eagle

Second, find your locals stations based on your lattitude/longitude (i.e. 38.976683/-077.348712):
http://www.2150.com/broadcast/

Since you briefly had a signal, I would certainly say you need an upgraded antenna. I would highly recommend either the Channel Master 4228 or Winegard PR-8800 eight-bay...assuming your locals are UHF.

Roanoke and Greensboro are about 100 miles apart. I will assume you are at least 40+ miles from Greensboro? If so, then your situation is similar to mine in Fredericksburg VA (55 miles from DC - 51 miles from Richmond). Prior to VOOM, I already had an antenna (CM-4228, CM-7775 preamp) bringing in DC locals. I had problems with the VOOM antenna install (long story), so I am currenly using my backup CM-4228 to bring in the Richmond locals. I have an remote A/B switch so both antennas will be connected and mapped to the VOOM STB after the upcoming firmware upgrade....STB will support multiple maps (DC, Richmond, Baltimore) and mannual OTA scanning.

My VOOM (Richmond) antenna is being installed on July 2nd (PR-8800). I just received an e-mail from Joe Harkins (Installs Inc.) and he is currenlty on the road visiting installers and supervising their work. I can assure you that Installs Inc. is taking the OTA problems very seriously. Joe provided me with both his work and cell numbers and I get the feeling he will be present during my antenna install...my deep fringe antenna will be working as promised. The moral of this story is that good things will happen to those who practice patience! VOOM/Installs Inc. is working hard to correct OTA problems. It's not going to happen overnight, but it's getting better every day.

Sorry so long winded...

Dish upgrade done today!

New Dish on Friday - Credit Coming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts