Thunderbolt Gingerbread finally released!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Today, I began getting a popup on my phone that is telling me I must upgrade the software and it will be doing that automatically. I had the option to delay the upgrade for 5 days so I did and then it advised me that my phone will not work while the upgrade is in progress.

Looks like my new project will be to find a wifi tether application that Verizon won't be charging me an outrageous fee every month. To date my tethering has been just a couple times a month when I travel with my ipad, and it has been free. I'm open to any suggestions for what will work. I have tried several apps but none have worked.

PS Please- no suggestions like PDAnet or others that require a USB connection. It must be wifi Because I use it with an ipad. Preferably to allow 3 devices to be connected to my 4G LTE service.

I'm not aware of any apps that work on a non-rooted phone that get around VZW's "road block". I've read that they're actually doing packet inspection and can see that it's "other" devices, i.e. ones that are tethered, that are using the data.

I'm not aware of any apps that work on a non-rooted phone that get around VZW's "road block". I've read that they're actually doing packet inspection and can see that it's "other" devices, i.e. ones that are tethered, that are using the data.

What can you use if you are rooted?

What can you use if you are rooted?

I had downloaded a handful of wireless tether apps that were supposed to work on the DX rooted, but they never did, and I even installed a rom manager-based update to try to fool it, but nada. I gave up on it awhile back. Should have stayed with Froyo when I had the Droid. But all in the past now. :)

I had downloaded a handful of wireless tether apps that were supposed to work on the DX rooted, but they never did, and I even installed a rom manager-based update to try to fool it, but nada. I gave up on it awhile back. Should have stayed with Froyo when I had the Droid. But all in the past now. :)
I don't get this.must be a moto droid thing because this has worked perfect on my htc with gingerbread since day one. :)

Is there a one touch root process for the Thunderbolt?

Is there a one touch root process for the Thunderbolt?
this would be great. you could load a rom to get around this situation. if thats your plan. if someone doesn't beat me to it, i'll take a look when i can to see if i find one.

i dont know if a root will do anything
unless there is a newer wifi tether out there

vzw has done something to the gb roms that redirects tethering to a page asking you to pay

i dont know if a root will do anything
unless there is a newer wifi tether out there

vzw has done something to the gb roms that redirects tethering to a page asking you to pay
i'm not on verizon so i'll ask. you don't think there's a custom rom that goes around this? i'm on sprint and had to put a rom like CM7 to go around this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)