TNT HD???? anytime soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
i just would have assumed if it was they would have posted that it was , assuming they are allowed.

AND P.S.

There is still nothing on D's website program guide through Friday of next week; and nothing in the receiver's EPG, Zap2it or TitanTV either through the same period

I don't see it on yet so probably won't be today.

I think I said this before my maybe I didn't but no big deal but I was told it would be on sometime between Friday and Monday coming up but maybe I'm getting burned as well. Now what bothers me is that I've been told by several people that the contact has been signed so I'm trying to figure out why we don't have it yet and I think I heard the contract was signed more than a week ago.

Well again D is lagging behind, comcrap AKA comcast is moving closer to getting my money. if not for the rumors i might not even care so if the rumors are REALLY coming
from someone @ Directv, you really should shut your trap until your promotion comes thru and you are in the loop, not to doubt longhorn at all but someone is playing games here.

stevesmall said:
Well again D is lagging behind, comcrap AKA comcast is moving closer to getting my money. if not for the rumors i might not even care so if the rumors are REALLY coming
from someone @ Directv, you really should shut your trap until your promotion comes thru and you are in the loop, not to doubt longhorn at all but someone is playing games here.

I understand what it seems like but I'm getting burned just as bad as you feel simply because my contacts are being told different things from week to week and my brother works very high up at DirecTVs headquarters and I can't even get him to tell me what the hell is going on with this company. These different dates were planned dates that for some reason keep on changing and not one person is saying why. Now I've only heard that it would be the 15 so the 9 and 10 date info I've never been told so with that said I will wait until Monday to see if I've got burnt again.

And yes someone is playing games but its at DirecTV and they won't tell me what games they are playing. Now all I can say and be 100% sure is that everyone I know and the people that they know have all said its been very quiet and hushed up for the last few months and even more in the last two weeks than before.

My brother has told me that if anything gets outside they would trace down however they can who was the employee who leaked it and they told the few people that know that they would be fired and charged in the court of law. Now my brother says they are dead serious about the charging part.

stevesmall said:
you really should shut your trap until your promotion comes thru and you are in the loop, not to doubt longhorn at all but someone is playing games here.

I need to ask but who are you talking about and what promotion are you talking about. If your talking about me I'll answer ya.

First off I'm not waiting for any promotion to come thru nor am I in the loop for specific information and my brother has told me what information he can that isn't covered under his NDA. No big deal and I will be the first one to admit that because DirecTV is being so quiet people are going to get burned and not just myself.

You don't have to take my word or anyone elses and I'm not here to prove that I have been sources than anyone else. I'm hear to share what info I have and if I get burned I could care less what others think or what others label me as. That is the drawback when you don't work for the company itself and your biggest contact is so high up that he has more to lose than what its worth to tell even his own brother.

LonghornXP said:
I understand what it seems like but I'm getting burned just as bad as you feel simply because my contacts are being told different things from week to week and my brother works very high up at DirecTVs headquarters and I can't even get him to tell me what the hell is going on with this company. These different dates were planned dates that for some reason keep on changing and not one person is saying why. Now I've only heard that it would be the 15 so the 9 and 10 date info I've never been told so with that said I will wait until Monday to see if I've got burnt again.

And yes someone is playing games but its at DirecTV and they won't tell me what games they are playing. Now all I can say and be 100% sure is that everyone I know and the people that they know have all said its been very quiet and hushed up for the last few months and even more in the last two weeks than before.

My brother has told me that if anything gets outside they would trace down however they can who was the employee who leaked it and they told the few people that know that they would be fired and charged in the court of law. Now my brother says they are dead serious about the charging part.

Wow... That is rather ominous. Let the speculation begin. I've only been with D* for a week. I would hate for some major news to wreck what I bought (HR10-250 and DVR80), like they are switching to MPEG4 and the HD receivers will no longer work. :shocked Or that TIVO will no longer be the DVR software of choice. :no

LonghornXP said:

There is a name for this ... can't recall it ... however, corporations with information leaks that they could be liable for by the SEC often disseminate different stories to different departments. From there it is a matter of time until a leak is determined. I would hate to see your brother plugged, so by all means, keep the info for yourself. We will get it when we get it!

slacker9876 said:
There is a name for this ... can't recall it ... however, corporations with information leaks that they could be liable for by the SEC often disseminate different stories to different departments. From there it is a matter of time until a leak is determined. I would hate to see your brother plugged, so by all means, keep the info for yourself. We will get it when we get it!

I agree. If someone doesn't like the information (whether rumor of not) from the board, then don't read it. We all should now that anything we read here should be taken with a grain of salt. Also, no one should leak information that may get somebody fired or sued.

Nolzman said:
Wow... That is rather ominous. Let the speculation begin. I've only been with D* for a week. I would hate for some major news to wreck what I bought (HR10-250 and DVR80), like they are switching to MPEG4 and the HD receivers will no longer work. :shocked Or that TIVO will no longer be the DVR software of choice. :no

What in the world are you trying to get across. Now I never said nor have I ever worked for DirecTV. Now I've said what information my contacts decide to tell me and if they get caught its not my problem but I can't help it if I tell it like it is. I can see for a lot of people its not what they want to hear.

Also on a side note all you gear will work just fine and if they do make a radical change I'm pretty sure they would not charge you are charge very little like they have done in the past.

ramy said:
It is known as Insider Trading.

You got it and I also think they are looking for people who are doing insider trading. Now I can pass on what I'm told and I can't help it if a person tells me something that he shouldn't have told me when he didn't tell me it couldn't be made public. Now all my contacts I ask what information I can say to the public and what should be between the two of us. Also I do have much more specific info that I've just given very very very very very small hints about that I can't say anything more about and I haven't.

LonghornXP said:
What in the world are you trying to get across. Now I never said nor have I ever worked for DirecTV. Now I've said what information my contacts decide to tell me and if they get caught its not my problem but I can't help it if I tell it like it is. I can see for a lot of people its not what they want to hear.

Also on a side note all you gear will work just fine and if they do make a radical change I'm pretty sure they would not charge you are charge very little like they have done in the past.

No offense intended. Mostly tough in cheek comments. I like reading the boards and speculating on changes/enhancements that may be coming down the road. I understand your position and am glad for whatever information you provide. It is up to me whether I believe or agree with you. And in this case, I do.

I am also pretty sure, based on my few calls to D* that they would take care of their more advanced (equipment) customers. The other day I called about an installation issue and the Rep. gave me a direct number to the TIVO unit of Direct, since that is the receivers I had. He also stated the same thing, that if a change was made D* usually takes care of current customers on their nickle. That is one of the reasons I left DisH. Their customer service has gone down hill fast in the last year or so.

LonghornXP said:
You got it and I also think they are looking for people who are doing insider trading. Now I can pass on what I'm told and I can't help it if a person tells me something that he shouldn't have told me when he didn't tell me it couldn't be made public. Now all my contacts I ask what information I can say to the public and what should be between the two of us. Also I do have much more specific info that I've just given very very very very very small hints about that I can't say anything more about and I haven't.

Can you tell us when you might be able to tell us more about the "more specific" information.

Nolzman said:
No offense intended. Mostly tough in cheek comments. I like reading the boards and speculating on changes/enhancements that may be coming down the road. I understand your position and am glad for whatever information you provide. It is up to me whether I believe or agree with you. And in this case, I do.

I am also pretty sure, based on my few calls to D* that they would take care of their more advanced (equipment) customers. The other day I called about an installation issue and the Rep. gave me a direct number to the TIVO unit of Direct, since that is the receivers I had. He also stated the same thing, that if a change was made D* usually takes care of current customers on their nickle. That is one of the reasons I left DisH. Their customer service has gone down hill fast in the last year or so.

No problem and I figured you were just helping. Also I think its good that you don't have your mind made up about someone or something. I also agree about the support side of things. Besides my very bandly botched HD and Tivo install they have been great when it comes to what few problems I've had. Much better than my cable company for sure but could use improvements but overall it helps their support when they have good products. Now they aren't the best but they aren't even close to the worst and that helps.

They do get things fixed but sometimes very slow. I just now can enjoy my HD box not losing its OTA custom settings everytime I reboot the box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.