TNT HD???? anytime soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nolzman said:
Can you tell us when you might be able to tell us more about the "more specific" information.

I know what you mean. You have to read my post word for word and it still doesn't make any sense. What can I say Englist wasn't my best subject.

Also I tend to have things go on and on and on and on. What is the English term for this. I think a run on or off sentance. That was too long ago.

LonghornXP said:
You got it and I also think they are looking for people who are doing insider trading. Now I can pass on what I'm told and I can't help it if a person tells me something that he shouldn't have told me when he didn't tell me it couldn't be made public. Now all my contacts I ask what information I can say to the public and what should be between the two of us. Also I do have much more specific info that I've just given very very very very very small hints about that I can't say anything more about and I haven't.

Can you speculate on the article pasted below. I don't have a link. Could this be at least one thing of the things that you could not be more specific about?

"NEW YORK -- Armed with an expanded content library from its merger,
NBC Universal announced Tuesday it will relaunch its high-def Bravo
channel to carry a wide array of NBC U cable programming and a heavy
dose of U pics.

Universal HD+ will bow Dec. 1, replacing Bravo HD+. Distinct channel
is available to about 25 million homes via DirecTV, Cablevision, Cox,
Insight, Mediacom and Voom, Cablevision's high-definition sat
service.

Universal HD+ is expected to carry 10-15 movies each week unedited
and commercial-free, including such titles as "Jaws," "Far and
Away," "Sea of Love" and "Back to the Future." It will carry a number
of NBC U cable shows in HD, including "The District," "Karen
Sisco," "Monk" and "Battlestar Galactica." High-def net also will
offer NBC cable sports programming, along with the sort of theater
and music fare previously seen on Bravo HD+.

Company is holding off on pursuing additional carriage deals for
Universal HD+ until the channel -- which will have two rev streams,
subscriber fees and advertising -- is up and running.

NBC Universal Cable Entertainment and Cross-Network Strategy prexy
Jeff Gaspin said it made sense to create one umbrella HD channel for
cable programming.

Universal HD+ will be marketed in national and local ad campaigns as
well as on NBC and NBC U cable nets."

LonghornXP

Although I just registered I've been visiting this board regularly and enjoy the rumours, gossip etc. and in particular your posts.

I think you are trying to give us information that you think is useful but we've just got to realize that the nature of things at D* is such that this kind of information is going to have a lot of "noise". While entertaining and sometimes slightly informative it isn't going to give us real "inside" stuff that will tell us when contracts are signed or channels are going up. You may or may not know more (I'll take your word you do) but based on what has been made public we're more confused about TNT-HD, FOX-HD, etc. than ever. We'd probably have an even or better chance of being right by throwing darts at a board.

=NLK=

Nolzman said:
Can you speculate on the article pasted below. I don't have a link. Could this be at least one thing of the things that you could not be more specific about?

"NEW YORK -- Armed with an expanded content library from its merger,
NBC Universal announced Tuesday it will relaunch its high-def Bravo
channel to carry a wide array of NBC U cable programming and a heavy
dose of U pics.

Universal HD+ will bow Dec. 1, replacing Bravo HD+. Distinct channel
is available to about 25 million homes via DirecTV, Cablevision, Cox,
Insight, Mediacom and Voom, Cablevision's high-definition sat
service.

Universal HD+ is expected to carry 10-15 movies each week unedited
and commercial-free, including such titles as "Jaws," "Far and
Away," "Sea of Love" and "Back to the Future." It will carry a number
of NBC U cable shows in HD, including "The District," "Karen
Sisco," "Monk" and "Battlestar Galactica." High-def net also will
offer NBC cable sports programming, along with the sort of theater
and music fare previously seen on Bravo HD+.

Company is holding off on pursuing additional carriage deals for
Universal HD+ until the channel -- which will have two rev streams,
subscriber fees and advertising -- is up and running.

NBC Universal Cable Entertainment and Cross-Network Strategy prexy
Jeff Gaspin said it made sense to create one umbrella HD channel for
cable programming.

Universal HD+ will be marketed in national and local ad campaigns as
well as on NBC and NBC U cable nets."

Lets not get smart now okay. I think you know the answer to this question. The answer is don't be a smart ass mkay.

LonghornXP said:
Lets not get smart now okay. I think you know the answer to this question. The answer is don't be a smart ass mkay.

I wasn't trying to be smart. If you still cannot comment, then OK. Remember I am new to Direct, so if this is old news I apologize.

Anybody else care to comment on the article. It looks like Bravo-HD is being replaced with a new better channel on Dec. 1, with HD Movies and series. I cannot wait to see Battlestar Galatica in HD :D .

nlk10010 said:
Although I just registered I've been visiting this board regularly and enjoy the rumours, gossip etc. and in particular your posts.

I think you are trying to give us information that you think is useful but we've just got to realize that the nature of things at D* is such that this kind of information is going to have a lot of "noise". While entertaining and sometimes slightly informative it isn't going to give us real "inside" stuff that will tell us when contracts are signed or channels are going up. You may or may not know more (I'll take your word you do) but based on what has been made public we're more confused about TNT-HD, FOX-HD, etc. than ever. We'd probably have an even or better chance of being right by throwing darts at a board.

=NLK=

Very good words of wisdom you have right there. Right now things are so scattered from what I've been told that as you said you would have a better shot with darts. I'm pretty sure that after the new year things will start to settle down and become much clearer. Also if DirecTV wants to make a kill like some have told me now or very soon would be a good time because Dish Network has put themselves in a very bad situation.

But for all the other posters I've said what I can say and do and say what you will but there is no point in answering some of these posts. If you think my info is not good thats fine with me and I again don't really care what others think. I say what I know and some of it might be known when I say it but take it for what its worth. Sometimes I can understand why people don't bother giving information if they could get burned because they will have to deal with people giving them crap for the entire day.

Nolzman said:
I wasn't trying to be smart. If you still cannot comment, then OK. Remember I am new to Direct, so if this is old news I apologize.

Anybody else care to comment on the article. It looks like Bravo-HD is being replaced with a new better channel on Dec. 1, with HD Movies and series. I cannot wait to see Battlestar Galatica in HD :D .

Sorry but its been a crazy day. But to answer your question Bravo HD+ will be changed into Universal HD and will most likely still have the same programming that Bravo HD+ has today but will have many new programming from USA and Scifi. Its a good thing because there will be much better content that won't be replayed for the 950th time in a month.

I'm also hoping that this channel would at some point offer the Stargates and the Dead Zone.

But it will be getting better but we all will have to wait to see how good it really gets.

I'm getting tired really quick so bare with me. This is for you Nolzman...

Now DirecTV will start to offer the top 30 markets HD local channels around summer of 2005. Most likely if you need a new box and/or dish they would replace if for free or for very little cost but I would not worry about needing new hardware. From what I gather only the very old HD boxes won't support it.

Now for HD in general the only major change regarding hardware would be the spaceway sats for HD locals if they even are a problem to begin with.

Now I'm not sure how long DirecTV will continue its relationship with Tivo but rest assured that your boxes will still work even if they stop selling new boxes with Tivo software. Also DirecTV is looking at both an NDS and Moxi DVR options but which one if any will pan out is anyones guess. Also multiroom DVR options are being looked at but whether current boxes can be used with it I don't know. I'm learning towards the NDS boxes being used with the multiroom option.

Now if you want interactive features I would wait until longer before buying expensive hardware simply because nobody knows if current hardware will support it and because it wasn't an advertised feature they most likely would not replace it or even help replace it.

If you have anymore specific questions please ask and again I'm very sorry for having a short temper with you.

LonghornXP said:
I'm getting tired really quick so bare with me. This is for you Nolzman...

Now DirecTV will start to offer the top 30 markets HD local channels around summer of 2005. Most likely if you need a new box and/or dish they would replace if for free or for very little cost but I would not worry about needing new hardware. From what I gather only the very old HD boxes won't support it.

Now for HD in general the only major change regarding hardware would be the spaceway sats for HD locals if they even are a problem to begin with.

Now I'm not sure how long DirecTV will continue its relationship with Tivo but rest assured that your boxes will still work even if they stop selling new boxes with Tivo software. Also DirecTV is looking at both an NDS and Moxi DVR options but which one if any will pan out is anyones guess. Also multiroom DVR options are being looked at but whether current boxes can be used with it I don't know. I'm learning towards the NDS boxes being used with the multiroom option.

Now if you want interactive features I would wait until longer before buying expensive hardware simply because nobody knows if current hardware will support it and because it wasn't an advertised feature they most likely would not replace it or even help replace it.

If you have anymore specific questions please ask and again I'm very sorry for having a short temper with you.

No problem. Thanks for the info. All of the information you stated above were determining factors in my switch from Dish to Direct. Dish just did not seem to have a direction, and looked like they would be loosing ground in HD content. Also service was really getting bad. With the stuff Dish revealed in the last couple of days, I am glad I made the switch.

LonghornXP said:
I'm also hoping that this channel would at some point offer the Stargates and the Dead Zone.

Right on, the Dead Zone is my favorite show on television, and I started hoping for it in HD shortly after first-run when I first heard this Universal HD+ rumor.

Anyway, I hope this one is true. So many disappointments lately...

--Dino

Man this thread got long in a hurry.

So if this name change from Bravo HD+ to Universal HD+ is suppose to happen, I am curious as to why? Are they just trying to give the channel a whole new image? No matter what happens to Bravo HD+, if they add some of those shows and some movies to the current schedule it will be a very welcome change.

This whole date changing thing with TNT-HD is kinda crappy, mainly because the other Sat companies have had it for a long time now. I am sure soon enough we will have it and then we can wonder when Fox, ABC, ESPN 2, Inhd etc.... will become available. I saw a thread in the Voom forum where they signed a deal with Miramax to get like 200 movies in HD, I assume that will be a Voom only thing but has there been any word of this same kind of deal for D* or E*?

Well it seems i peed a person or two off LOL well that wasnt my intention, if you read what i said it was the person at directv should shut his trap not you longhorn , i actually read all of ylur posts , i find you to be informative. But wether it is your brother or friend whatever they are not helping by spreading word that Directv will have such and such a channel on a certain date. it hurts the credibility. If someone not CONNECTED TO directv were to spread it , it would be specualtive at best or just a rumor. But someone is LEAKING just enough info to actually hurt credibility of Directv. Again i only feel the credibilty of directv is hurt because of the So called In the loop connected comments. As for the Promotion Longhorn , it was meant to be in the third person not directed at you at all, again as i said in the post not to doubt you at alll

stevesmall said:
Well it seems i peed a person or two off LOL well that wasnt my intention, if you read what i said it was the person at directv should shut his trap not you longhorn , i actually read all of ylur posts , i find you to be informative. But wether it is your brother or friend whatever they are not helping by spreading word that Directv will have such and such a channel on a certain date. it hurts the credibility. If someone not CONNECTED TO directv were to spread it , it would be specualtive at best or just a rumor. But someone is LEAKING just enough info to actually hurt credibility of Directv. Again i only feel the credibilty of directv is hurt because of the So called In the loop connected comments. As for the Promotion Longhorn , it was meant to be in the third person not directed at you at all, again as i said in the post not to doubt you at alll

No problem and I'm just as upset about it as many of you are. Oh and to answer another members question the reason for the change from Bravo HD+ to Universal HD is to improve the HD content and to change the image as well.

The only person who reported the 10th date that I know of was Chris from DBSTalk. I was the first to report that I heard the 15th however because of the accurarcy of the info coming from DIRECTV lately I didn't really push the date.

I too feel a little burnt by the info coming from DirecTV, while I never name sources some of them are very high up in the company (with actual titles!)

Remember any information we post here we label it as Rumor and we do so for a reason, as its just stuff we are hearing, do not consider anything a fact until you see it for yourself. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
The only person who reported the 10th date that I know of was Chris from DBSTalk. I was the first to report that I heard the 15th however because of the accurarcy of the info coming from DIRECTV lately I didn't really push the date.

I too feel a little burnt by the info coming from DirecTV, while I never name sources some of them are very high up in the company (with actual titles!)

Remember any information we post here we label it as Rumor and we do so for a reason, as its just stuff we are hearing, do not consider anything a fact until you see it for yourself. :)

Well I've been told the 15th as well but I do understand what you mean but the info coming lately and I'm getting it from people with titles as well. If this goes on for any longer I might have to ask if you want regular or extra crispy.

as always.. thanks for the info longhorn & scott! i appreciate your efforts and i hope we can all put this TNTHD thing behind us come monday. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts