TNT HD???? anytime soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Latest info I got was this. Now this isn't good for us DirecTV customers today but DirecTV wants the same deal that TWC corporate got for TNT HD and they are reworking a deal but will take it to court if they need to. So that seems to me like TNT is charging DirecTV much more than TWC corporate and I'm starting to wonder if TNT is owned by the same company or companies that own InHD. I might have to look this up.

Edit...found the info

InDemand which owns InHD.... The company’s shareholders are Comcast iN DEMAND Holdings, Inc., Cox Communications, Inc. Time Warner Entertainment – Advance/Newhouse Partnership.

Also TNT HD is a Time Warner Cable company so if indeed both InHD and TNT HD are being held from DirecTV by charging more money that would be pretty interesting. Right now DirecTV is the bigger threat than Dish Network so it would make sense to keep it from them for as long as they can. Also it doesn't make sense why Voom has TNT HD but not InHD but there has to be a reason. I don't think this is DirecTV because I've been told by many people that TNT HD was a big addition they wanted and if Voom, Dish Network and TWC didn't have a problem getting this channel than I see no different for DirecTV unless TNT is pulling a fast one and it seems to me that may be true.

Directv should win this in court since DISH and Voom have it. TWC can only charge fair market value for TNT-HD.

You would think that some of these companies would "think" in the fact that yes, there is the potential for subscriber loss (I am an ex COX customer, and would NEVER go back), but wouldn't they they think in the potential for advertising dollar? If TNT was added to D*, they would be reaching X amount MORE customers therefore being able to charge more for commercial airtime..... or maybe I just think too rationally.

fkostyn said:
You would think that some of these companies would "think" in the fact that yes, there is the potential for subscriber loss (I am an ex COX customer, and would NEVER go back), but wouldn't they they think in the potential for advertising dollar? If TNT was added to D*, they would be reaching X amount MORE customers therefore being able to charge more for commercial airtime..... or maybe I just think too rationally.

TNT is already on D*, just not the HD channel. I don't believe that TNT would receive any additional advertiser revenue just because D* also carried the HD feed. That's one major complaint all the channels have had, we have to spend millions to upgrade to digital/HD but we don't get any extra revenue.

I was thinking about all the talk just a few months ago about D* soon will have 24HD channels. I know that part of that "soon" probably meant that some of the channels would come after the next satellite launch in May, but there was also a lot of talk about the channels being kicked off AFS (after sunday ticket).

All of this stuff with TNT and FOX just has me thinking that we really might not get anymore channels until the May Satellite launch. Should we think at all that there might be a decent chance to get any new stuff in Jan05 AFS (after sunday ticket)? We have all heard about ESPN2HD kicking off in Jan05.

About the 24 channels, I think I rememberd INHD being rumored as part of that. I thought I saw that Voom was taking INHD to court about them trying to get that channel. Does the Voom outcome have anything to do with D* getting INHD or would it be completely serperate issues? We need to hear some more good and exciting news in the satellite world, things have been very quiet of late.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)