TNT HD???? anytime soon

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only gambling I do is poker ... since I was stuck $150 yesterday I cannot take bets on if D* will hose the GP again :). I did have a nice 3 or 4 month run with no losses and plus $3600 though, so I can't complain.

I checked the *D* prgm guide thru tomorrow night and did not see TNT-HD so my
vote is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Not on their website guide, Zap2it, TitanTV, ReplayTV or TiVo EPGs either, BUT if it is it won't update untill 2am - 5am EST I think.

So does that mean someone is going to start a rumor that TNT will go live of
the 22nd of this month. It seems every week we wait and wait. ITs getting to the point where its getting funny. :yes
Don't get me wrong I would love to have TNT in HD but I am not going to lose any sleep over not having this channel. :eek:

cliffordmarc said:
So does that mean someone is going to start a rumor that TNT will go live of
the 22nd of this month. It seems every week we wait and wait. ITs getting to the point where its getting funny. :yes
Don't get me wrong I would love to have TNT in HD but I am not going to lose any sleep over not having this channel. :eek:

Agreed and I've just given up trying to get my contacts to spill on what the hell is going on with this channel and a few others. One is saying they are having hardware problems while the other is saying that its supposed to be on Today but now they don't know why its on today. I'm pretty sure something is being done at DirecTV to week out the leakers and I'm more sure of this today than ever before. If you could just hear the way my contacts and most likely others are talking now compared to before there is something going on. I think they know it as well as I but some are just stupid to not notice when they are being setup.

Man I was looking forward to some HD basketball too. What's up with the ESPN basketball games never being in HD?

LonghornXP said:
Agreed and I've just given up trying to get my contacts to spill on what the hell is going on with this channel and a few others. One is saying they are having hardware problems while the other is saying that its supposed to be on Today but now they don't know why its on today. I'm pretty sure something is being done at DirecTV to week out the leakers and I'm more sure of this today than ever before. If you could just hear the way my contacts and most likely others are talking now compared to before there is something going on. I think they know it as well as I but some are just stupid to not notice when they are being setup.
Direct is starting to sound a lot like Charlie and the rumors that was consuming Dish when I was there. Is this a sign that there is a lot of former Dish customer now with Direct. We'll have to ask Direct to start having a Monday night chat with Rupert if this keeps up.

Bowtieman said:
Direct is starting to sound a lot like Charlie and the rumors that was consuming Dish when I was there. Is this a sign that there is a lot of former Dish customer now with Direct. We'll have to ask Direct to start having a Monday night chat with Rupert if this keeps up.

Actually I think its the opposite. I think right now they have much bigger plans that will take more time so they might be weeding out people that leak news out so they could protect themselves and not give the other companies a heads up on their plans. Also I think and am pretty sure they are having some hardware problems that are slowing things down. Also they are somewhat bandwidth strained until around summer for national HD channels and customers aren't too happy with reduced picture quality so to add new channels today they need to somewhat reduce picture quality. Granted they should be in this situation but because they are it ends up hurting all of us because they have to make a choice of what will hurt more.

Now because they are planning on offering locals in HDTV I know they will offer a very good selection of national HD channels but that maybe still a while to come like 6 months maybe less. Also they are looking at multiroom DVR options so they are looking at many things but I think they are looking very big and longterm but they don't want anyone knowing what they are doing either. Now maybe I'm all wrong on this but I'm feeling very good about the future of DirecTV with what I do know that I can't say so I'm sticking with them for at least a couple years. Now on the other hand maybe everything I was told ends up being nothing that might change what I do in two years but what is great is that cable will go much further along so I know DirecTV will at some point move ahead because Murdock does not want to loose high paying high end subs to cable. That is for sure about him and that is a good thing.

LonghornXP said:
Actually I think its the opposite. I think right now they have much bigger plans that will take more time so they might be weeding out people that leak news out so they could protect themselves and not give the other companies a heads up on their plans. Also I think and am pretty sure they are having some hardware problems that are slowing things down. Also they are somewhat bandwidth strained until around summer for national HD channels and customers aren't too happy with reduced picture quality so to add new channels today they need to somewhat reduce picture quality. Granted they should be in this situation but because they are it ends up hurting all of us because they have to make a choice of what will hurt more.

Now because they are planning on offering locals in HDTV I know they will offer a very good selection of national HD channels but that maybe still a while to come like 6 months maybe less. Also they are looking at multiroom DVR options so they are looking at many things but I think they are looking very big and longterm but they don't want anyone knowing what they are doing either. Now maybe I'm all wrong on this but I'm feeling very good about the future of DirecTV with what I do know that I can't say so I'm sticking with them for at least a couple years. Now on the other hand maybe everything I was told ends up being nothing that might change what I do in two years but what is great is that cable will go much further along so I know DirecTV will at some point move ahead because Murdock does not want to loose high paying high end subs to cable. That is for sure about him and that is a good thing.

When I was a Dish customer and visited the different Dish forums and saw the rumors flying around and all the negative comments made about Dish. I never saw these type of comments being made by Direct customers until recently.

What I can't figure out is what folks are getting upset at D* for not providing a channel (TNT-HD) that they never announced that they would provide?

its not all the false rumors that bothers me.. its the fact that D* knew that TNT-HD was going to be a big channel to have b/c of their coverage of the NBA in HD and they still haven't added it yet. i mean sure the other programming would be nice to have, but the NBA in HD is the kicker.

rad said:
What I can't figure out is what folks are getting upset at D* for not providing a channel (TNT-HD) that they ever announced that they would provide?

I think that the frustration comes from D* HD subscribers that view TNT-HD as an important channel to have. Regardless if D* said they would carry the channel or not, as a D* subscriber, I feel that TNT-HD offers lots of compelling content (see NBA + some movies) that I _really_ want to watch.

I agree - TNT is something that I "want" to have, they offer good content (I am not an NBA fan) with good movies, good originals, and Blue!

I was told D* was working on adding TNTHD over a year ago................still NOTHING
not holding my breath......the way it looks right now, may not ever see it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts