Tripod Setup SL3K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pancho55

Original poster
Jan 25, 2021
Houston
I have a Slimline SL3K4NR2-01 that I am having trouble setting up with my Home HR24-100 receiver. I have a SWM insert (P121R3-16) I bought along with the MSPLIT2RO-01. Can someone confirm this is all I need or do I have the wrong equipment to get this to work. I have researched as best I can and cannot make this happen.

I have a Slimline SL3K4NR2-01 that I am having trouble setting up with my Home HR24-100 receiver. I have a SWM insert (P121R3-16) I bought along with the MSPLIT2RO-01. Can someone confirm this is all I need or do I have the wrong equipment to get this to work. I have researched as best I can and cannot make this happen.
:welcome to Satelliteguys pancho55!
You don't need the power inserter, but you do need a b-band converter between the lnb and the receiver. You don't need the splitter either. If you have more than one receiver just connect it to one of the other outputs of the lnb.

How many lines from LNB?

1 or 4?

If 4, then no power inserted but will need band converter. If 1 line then will need power inserted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many lines from LNB?

1 or 4?

If 4, then no power inserted but will need band converter. If 1 line then will need power inserted.

If he uses the SWM set up, he'll only need 1 line regardless ... (which generally makes things easier for when camping) make sure he has the splitter with him if he's using more than 1 recvr.

:welcome to Satelliteguys pancho55!
You don't need the power inserter, but you do need a b-band converter between the lnb and the receiver. You don't need the splitter either. If you have more than one receiver just connect it to one of the other outputs of the lnb.
Thanks, will try that again.

If he uses the SWM set up, he'll only need 1 line regardless ... (which generally makes things easier for when camping) make sure he has the splitter with him if he's using more than 1 recvr.

Yes! But we need to identify the type of LNB he is using first as an H24 will work with either

Actually a legacy style LNB may be easier in this situation as the power inserted is not required

Yes! But we need to identify the type of LNB he is using first as an H24 will work with either

Actually a legacy style LNB may be easier in this situation as the power inserted is not required

Correct .... it all depends on which way he decides he want to set it up.

Attachments

• SL3.jpg
    SL3.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 140
One white knowb with 4 outlets
OK, you do NOT have a SWM LNB. Keep this simple - you need two wires from the satellite to the receiver (HR24), NO power inserter, NO splitters, and TWO B-Band Converters.

On the satellite setup, select SL3, do not select SWM, and select dual tuner - unless you run only one wire in which case you can select single and only use one tuner.

If after that you don't have signal, your aim is likely off.

Reactions: pancho55 and Jimbo
OK, you do NOT have a SWM LNB. Keep this simple - you need two wires from the satellite to the receiver (HR24), NO power inserter, NO splitters, and TWO B-Band Converters.

On the satellite setup, select SL3, do not select SWM, and select dual tuner - unless you run only one wire in which case you can select single and only use one tuner.

You could set up the HR 24 to operate off of 1 tuner if you have a legacy LNB.

It’s a toss up between twin coax and a power inserter

You could set up the HR 24 to operate off of 1 tuner if you have a legacy LNB.

It’s a toss up between twin coax and a power inserter

The power inserter can only be used with a swm lnb, which he doesn't have.

Thanks guys, will try this and let all know, quick question. I am setting this up on RV after I do it on my back yard, can I put a slitter until I get inside and then do 2 lines or do I need to run a second line from dish to RV?

Thanks guys, will try this and let all know, quick question. I am setting this up on RV after I do it on my back yard, can I put a slitter until I get inside and then do 2 lines or do I need to run a second line from dish to RV?
2 lines from the dish to the inside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts