Twinhan Visionplus 1020a issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RtpiFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
I got Twinhan Visionplus 1020a on Monday now tried install last night but pc seem reboot everytime is start copy .sys driver file.
New hardware wizard comes up at start up but having issue when try install dtv video control as dtv audio controller driver is installed.

It is the pc or it's driver issue?

Would a fresh install of xp pro help?

EDIT:My bad Icerberg or another mod please move this FTA DVB forum.

This needs to be moved to PC DVB section.

I have heard of people getting the 1020a to work fine on XP. I have never encountered this so I am not sure. I have got my 1020a recently working (mostly) on Windows 7. Look in FTA PC DVB section for more help. You mat want to try and download the latest software/drivers from the twinhan website. They should have a lot of support for XP.

I have tried latest twin drivers for 1020A these do install but get device manager i get yellow mark and when look the device it tell's me their problem with the device but no more information then that.

What drivers did use under xp?

What drivers did use under xp?

I have never tried using my 1020a under XP; I have only heard of people getting it to work fine with XP. I installed the drivers for my 1020a in Windows 7 and device manager says the device is working properly. I would think that there would be more support for XP than Windows 7 b/c this is an older card and was released during XP's prime. Search through the PC DVB section; there is some info in there about Twinhan products. You might find something that helps.

Free to Air PC DVB Discussion - SatelliteGuys.US

I had a similar problem with a Twinhan 102g and Vista. Turned out that (even though Twinhah says they are) the drivers were not digitally signed.

I do not know if XP Pro is like Vista and requires digitally signed drivers but with Vista I have to F8 on boot up then select Disable Signature Enforcement.

I had a similar problem with a Twinhan 102g and Vista. Turned out that (even though Twinhah says they are) the drivers were not digitally signed.

I do not know if XP Pro is like Vista and requires digitally signed drivers but with Vista I have to F8 on boot up then select Disable Signature Enforcement.

Can you not force Vista to accept the non-signed drivers? Windows 7 told me that the drivers weren't digitally signed and asked if I wanted to continue and I just click yes and it worked fine from there. I thought Vista worked similar to this?

Rtpifan - are you using 32bit or 64bit XP?

Can you not force Vista to accept the non-signed drivers? Windows 7 told me that the drivers weren't digitally signed and asked if I wanted to continue and I just click yes and it worked fine from there. I thought Vista worked similar to this?

Vista asked the same question and loaded the drivers but they will not work unless I boot up with signature enforcement disabled. If I boot up normally Vista will not recognize the 102g.

I'm using 32 bit vista

hmmm...I wonder if I can do that in Windows 7, and if so what changes it would have since device manager says the device is working properly and Windows Media Center finds the card. I will have to try this out tonight and see what happens.

I am using 64bit Windows 7, so it's a little harder to find software/drivers that work. I need 64bit, though, b/c I have 5GB total memory (includes 1GB on my 9500 GT video card) and 32bit doesn't support that much. I wish they would just get rid of 32bit Windows in new versions and stick to 64bit. I see no point in sticking with 32bit processors/OS's.

I am using 32but XP just cannot figure out why machine reboot while trying intsall .sys driver.

Vista asked the same question and loaded the drivers but they will not work unless I boot up with signature enforcement disabled. If I boot up normally Vista will not recognize the 102g.

I'm using 32 bit vista

But how would go about disabling signature enforcement with xp?
When prompted about no signature signed at tell to procced anyway and then it reboot's itself when copying the .sys

Have you tried to redownload the drivers from the twinhan website and install a new copy of them? Do you have the CD that came with your 1020a?

Installed one set of drivers from twinhan but not sure they correct but others tried xp told they had valid driver info or something like that.
Drivers from cd give the reboot issue.

Here list of drivers i have tried but unable get xp recognize them as valid.
AD-SB200(7022)
V1.0.1.900 (2008 03 25)
AD-SE200(1028)
V1.0.4.6 (2008 04 11)

XP Pro running SP3

I know about F8 at start up but i mean i do not see "Disable driver signature enforcement" as an option but few others and one of option where system does not reboot on error and see what does for me it may just let me complete the installation if does restart itself.

It's really weird that this is happening. Everything should work fine with XP. Have you tried to uninstall everything and try again?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)