Twinhan Visionplus 1020a issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nope I can't I don't know why it just works in windows xp 32bit in windows 7 x64 I got the card detected but no signal at all basically is like I had a dummy driver that doesn't do its job.

Last edited:
I got it to work under windows 7 x64 that I did was to downgrade the amount of RAM so when it uses my 4 GB it simply can't tune channels but when I use 3.25GB of ram it now works, weird isn't it.

Typed msconfig start menu and click on it then go to boot tab and advanced options and put 4095 for max memory it will only use 3.25 gig

Thanks chinga69 from dvbowners forum for this tip.

I got it to work under windows 7 x64 that I did was to downgrade the amount of RAM so when it uses my 4 GB it simply can't tune channels but when I use 3.25GB of ram it now works, weird isn't it.

I would imagine this is due to the card needing to be mapped into the 32bit address space for I/O or memory buffers. When you limit to 4095 RAM it will all be within 32bit address space. There might be a way to tell Windows to keep this specific driver's resources below 4GB. Search for pci double buffer or bounce buffer etc.

Yeah by somehow under windows vista x64 it does but under windows 7 x64 it just goes above the 4GB limit and so this card doesn't works. basically twinhan made a fake x64 driver that can't work correctly abover 4gb mark.

By the way now I need to make it to work under MCE anyone have a suggestion?

Typed msconfig start menu and click on it then go to boot tab and advanced options and put 4095 for max memory it will only use 3.25 gig

Thanks chinga69 from dvbowners forum for this tip.

which driver did you use once you limited the ram? the most recent ones from Twinhan's website?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts