USC Busted

Well this ordeal with John Wall sounds exactly like what went on with Mayo. So I presume that whoever signs him is cheating.

.... and the last I checked, John Wall is still un-committed. John Wall wants to commit to Calipari but his Handler/AAU coach is the fly in the ointment. He is opposed to the kid going there because he has zero connections to Kentucky's program. He want's him to stay in state because he has connections at Duke.

So do we now indict Duke and Coach K. as cheaters? For the record; John Calipari has never had an NCAA infraction linked to him personally. Calipari was cleared of any knowledge of the Marcus Camby incident at UMASS. The University of Kentucky has past history of infractions in basketball and football. The UK administration took action years ago and hired a highly paid NCAA Compliance Administrator and gave her wide-ranging powers to insure that UK adheres to the strictest scrutiny possible to avoid any further embarassment to the University. She takes her job very seriously and UK has had zero issues for years. Sorry for the rant, but unfounded accusations of wrongdoing really strike a raw nerve after the long ago humiliation Cats fans suffered after the infamous Eddie Sutton/Fed Ex package fiasco.

...For the record; John Calipari has never had an NCAA infraction linked to him personally. Calipari was cleared of any knowledge of the Marcus Camby incident at UMASS....

Calipari will never have knowledge of anything that goes wrong around him. He somehow communicates to those around him that he wants things done, and so they get done.

I was in an Amherst bar one night when a state cop told a story about Calipari calling the State Police barracks, asking to have a speeding ticket fixed. The person who took the call decided to stick him, and so he gave him a name to call which was the name of an ultra straight laced supervisor who was sure to find some way to make Calipari miserable. This cop did not understand that Calipari is so slick that he could get a speeding ticket fixed at the drop of a hat, leaving no fingerprints. I suspected that Calipari did it in this ham-fisted manner just so the word would get out that he was the kind of guy who wanted things done for him. This cop was unwittingly doing Calipari's bidding by telling us about the incident'

Marcus Camby was often seen wearing a gaudy medallion that turned out to be worth $12,000. The athletic director said that when he saw it, he just figured it must be costume jewelry because he knew Camby couldn't afford it. Calipari would have to have been blind to not have seen it.

While Calipari was still at UMass, an incoming coach from back when they were at Pittsburgh told the story of a staff meeting that Calipari, who had been an assistant the previous year and was being held over, was at, and he allegedly told Calipari and the other assistants that there would be no more payments to players. Calipari, when informed of that allegation, said he didn't recall that being said at that meeting. I don't remember anyone prewarning me of the 9-11 attack at any meeting I attended shortly before it, but if anyone asked me whether it had been brought up at any meeting I attended, I sure as well wouldn't say that I didn't recall it being brought up.

I can't locate it right now, but I once had my finger on a great article regarding Calipari's relationship with one of these "fixers" who has no visible means of support but who can show up anywhere, anytime, to evaluate any player or meet with any coach who might covet that player. I'll post it if I can dig it up.

Last edited:
This whole thing with Mayo never felt right to me from the beginning, when Floyd said that the kid just called up and said he wanted to play at USC. Floyd said then, that he hadn't even recruited Mayo.

Floyd resigns as Southern Cal coach following Mayo allegations - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com News, Fantasy, Video

Well, well. Floyd says he lost his enthusiasm for the game, and by enthusiasm he means paying off shady people in order to land prized recruits. What you can't cheat with a spotlight on you? Life's a bitch that way. :haha

I wonder if he regrets passing on the Arizona job now? Floyd will end up back in the NBA as a bench coach.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4265563"]Sources: University of Southern California Trojans seek coach with pro experience - ESPN[/ame]

Why not, they pay their players at USC, right?? ;)

Stupid. None of the people listed were that impressive. Reggie Theus? He won about 10 games in the NBA. Who cares if a guy has NBA experience? None of the top coaches in college basketball have NBA experience. What they need is someone who can build a program and not cheat.
Good luck with that search. :)