VCM ACM - Confusion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I am a bit confused?

Is VCM and ACM interchangeable, or two different things?
Does music choice need VCM or ACM or Both?

I was looking at some TBS cards and i noticed two different specs. One said it supported both
CCM,ACM and VCM and then another card just said it supported CCM,VCM

I want to make sure i understand the specs before even thinking about a purchase.

I can answer from this standpoint. I do not think ACM is ever needed, it is an additional layer of error checking I believe that goes from the receiver not to it. But someone familiar with FTA can probably answer more conclusively.

Reactions: iBoston
I purchased a geosat 3500 and receive Music choice that is the easiest way to receive it on the C band. The receives HD video serviced and I was able to program Muzak in to receive from KU band. It has internet tv too. I own 2 receivers and one is on music choice 24/7.

Reactions: IntelPennny4
Yea, I'm looking to replace my USB TBS card with an internal one that has better specs. I bought a really nice TBS card about a year back, but it caught fire, :eeek and when i finally got my refund, I was burnt out (bad pun) and didn't feel like replacing it and put it on the back burner (bad pun) for a later time. That time has come up...

I ended up purchasing the TBS 6528, and although the specs say NOTHING about supporting VCM, it does! I got confirmation about this from another user.
I am currently listening to the Music Choice channels. The tuner also seems to be more sensitive than my USB tuner. Happy thus far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)