Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I am a bit confused?

Is VCM and ACM interchangeable, or two different things?
Does music choice need VCM or ACM or Both?

I was looking at some TBS cards and i noticed two different specs. One said it supported both
CCM,ACM and VCM and then another card just said it supported CCM,VCM

I want to make sure i understand the specs before even thinking about a purchase.

I can answer from this standpoint. I do not think ACM is ever needed, it is an additional layer of error checking I believe that goes from the receiver not to it. But someone familiar with FTA can probably answer more conclusively.

Reactions: iBoston
I purchased a geosat 3500 and receive Music choice that is the easiest way to receive it on the C band. The receives HD video serviced and I was able to program Muzak in to receive from KU band. It has internet tv too. I own 2 receivers and one is on music choice 24/7.

Reactions: IntelPennny4
Yea, I'm looking to replace my USB TBS card with an internal one that has better specs. I bought a really nice TBS card about a year back, but it caught fire, :eeek and when i finally got my refund, I was burnt out (bad pun) and didn't feel like replacing it and put it on the back burner (bad pun) for a later time. That time has come up...

I ended up purchasing the TBS 6528, and although the specs say NOTHING about supporting VCM, it does! I got confirmation about this from another user.
I am currently listening to the Music Choice channels. The tuner also seems to be more sensitive than my USB tuner. Happy thus far.

Status
Please reply by conversation.