Virgin Island at 99W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
it scans in with the solomend s9. info says it is 1080i and h264 and ac3. this is on the 6'. will scan it in with the microhd when the wife lets me use the main tv. charlie

Charlie, Didn't automatically scan in fro me. I've tried manually entering it but something needs to be changed h264 isn't recogized I guess...I'll keep at it haha
I hate getting older as everything has a longer, harder learning curve.

Just went to Ali editor and it shows it as mpeg2...no way I can see to change to H.264, looks like when you scan a channel it defaults to whatever. So I'm more confused..perhaps Brian can shed light on how to do this?

Good signal but no audio or video. Manual PID scan had same result on both my Pansat 9200 and the Coolsat 8000. :( All the others on this transponder play fine.

Just went to Ali editor and it shows it as mpeg2...no way I can see to change to H.264, looks like when you scan a channel it defaults to whatever. So I'm more confused..perhaps Brian can shed light on how to do this?

In the AliEditor folder open the AliEditor Configuration Settings file and change: Chip Type=M3601s . Save the file then change the file to read only. This should keep the AliEditor software in the correct mode to provide advanced settings.

In the AliEditor folder open the AliEditor Configuration Settings file and change: Chip Type=M3601s . Save the file then change the file to read only. This should keep the AliEditor software in the correct mode to provide advanced settings.

Just did this and it worked beautifully,now watching on the microHD....Thanks for that detail Brain. :)

I followed the OP's instructions and now have this channel back on my Openbox S10. It would not scan in with a single satellite blind scan or a transponder scan.

Thanks!

when i scanned 99w, i deleted all the channels on there except for kcwy13. then scanned 99w with my solomend s9, and it scanned in with the new values. my firmware is hdst 11-03-21. i have tried other firmwares but this one doesn't have the moving dish display when it sees signal and works better for me. charlie

I'm using Pids 769, 770, 769 in the micro hd. Got picture no audio...changed from h264 to mpeg2...changed the chipset to M3601s as well, still no change....How are those of you with the Micro Hd getting the audio?
UPDATE: Forgot to change the audio in the editor to AC3..works now

Last edited:
Although it was easy to edit via the ALI editor, would be nice to be able to edit via the remote (or have it scan in during the blind scan like the AzBox did).

Weird... even though I put in the proper V and A pids, in the info screen it shows an Apid of 8962. Audio is fine though.

I haven't even paid attention to this thread much, but to my surprise, I don't have any of the feeds today on the miniBUD. Yesterday, they were there (probably not the NBC one...I didn't pay attention). I'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

PR/VI mux is there today on the miniBUD. Couldn't get the changed NBC station or the hidden station, though, even with the ALI editor changes.

Good signal but no audio or video. Manual PID scan had same result on both my Pansat 9200 and the Coolsat 8000. :( All the others on this transponder play fine.

UPDATE:
Deleted everything on 99w in the Pansat 9200 & did a fresh blind scan and the new NBC in HD is there with the others and playing fine! :D
So for others having trouble, a fresh re-scan may do the trick! :)

i have deleted all transponders and then rescanned 99w with the microhd. still no nbc. played with various ways of inputting the pids but no success. curious as to why the solomend s9 would scan it in and the microhd can't... i am still a novice at saving a file, editing, and putting it back. so i just skip that nbc for now. i don't know if the solomend scans it in as a dbs-2 transponder. charlie

Did as you mentioned on my pansat 9200 , all pr mux ch's now there , but just audio for nbc (which is now on tv3 instead of tv4) but no video , other ch's work fine ?? Did you change any scan settings ? I do not have a dvb s-2 board , but do not think it applies here .

UPDATE:
Deleted everything on 99w in the Pansat 9200 & did a fresh blind scan and the new NBC in HD is there with the others and playing fine! :D
So for others having trouble, a fresh re-scan may do the trick! :)

joeroscoe1957 said:
Did as you mentioned on my pansat 9200 , all pr mux ch's now there , but just audio for nbc (which is now on tv3 instead of tv4) but no video , other ch's work fine ?? Did you change any scan settings ? I do not have a dvb s-2 board , but do not think it applies here .

Strange. No s2 board here either. Just did a fresh "smart scan" after deleting everything on that satellite and there they were.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Iceberg said:
ironically Dish uplinked the ABC & NBC (in HD) now for Puerto Rico subs (not available yet)
CBS is from that "lovely" :rolleyes: WSEE in Erie

No fox yet in HD...but maybe soon?

Oh and before someone says it...no the uplinking of these in HD will not affect us seeing them right now. Dish has had them in SD for a while now (using the same feed as we get) ;)

Is WSEE still FTA?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)