Vision Plus 1020

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MrMylesG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Perry Hall, MD
I have had a VP1020 pci card for almost two years now and have never taken the time to set it up. I figured that the pc I was using was a 1.2 ghz and could not get much out of it. Well, I was wrong. I am using DVB Dream and it comes in great. Uses between 57% and 63% CPU but the picture is clear (I have my dish aimed at G10R) and the sound is good too. I now have a Starbox and a Nexus -S and all three work great. I like the idea of recording to HD and dumping to DVD. RTN is by far my favorite channel group. Just finished watching Magnum, PI.

MrMylesG

For recording the programs, very little computer power is needed. It is only for viewing the pictures that the computer power is requires to decode and display the images. Once recorded, you can burn the programs to a DVD in Mpeg format and watch them on many of the newer DVD players that also play Mpeg files. I use a Philips DVD player from WalMart. Does a great job for this use, but the remote is small. Most of the newer electronics comes with only a small remote now. For editing the files, cutting out the comercials and triming for the start and end, I use VideoReDo. This is one program that I am so impressed by. It handles the Mpeg streams from G10R exceptionally well. If you have not tried it, be sure to give it a try. They have a free trial period that you can test it for yourself.
At this time, I have my computer setup with 2 satellite cards and 1 ATSC OTA card to perform unattended recordings. I use MyTheater, but the same can be done with most programs to automatically record at different times. I setup my computer with a power profile to go to standby after 3 minutes of no use. When I want to use the computer, I select a different power profile for it stays on. This works very well. Just remember to set your start and end times a little earlier/latter for you do not miss the start or end of your shows. RTN sometimes can be off a couple of minutes, but this varies greatly. My ATSC OTA is not reliable enough yet to perform unattended recordings, as my antenna is not up high enough for a consistent signal. Hopefully I will be putting up a tower in the future to overcome this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)