Voom Alive! --- 21 days & counting (post sale of Rainbow 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I just received an informational cd from VOOM in the mail today. I had asked for information from VOOM last week to see about signing up. Don't know if they sent that out before all this news came out or not.

Advertising

Saw Voom infomercial on Court TV at 6:30 AM CST today.

seandudley said:
I saw the Voom ad run twice on Universal-HD last night.
If you see the ads run after the end of January, that will be significant. Advertising is paid for in advance. They don't show the ad, then bill the company. If ads for VOOM are still running in February, then VOOM has legs.

mdonnelly said:
If you see the ads run after the end of January, that will be significant. Advertising is paid for in advance. They don't show the ad, then bill the company. If ads for VOOM are still running in February, then VOOM has legs.

That's not accurate...Ad agencies bill clients post airing based on Affidavits provided by the media used.

Some media will require pre-payment if you aren't an Ad Agency of record or a client buying ads directly but the norm is what I stated above.

BTW and FWIW, I am in the Media business...

Airing ads in Feb is a good sign but it does not necessarilly mean they will stay. Unfortunatley I have seen this many times before.

I called their CSR last night. I asked specifically about the sale of the company and what was going to happen. The guy started in on some script he had been given to answer this question specifically. I said c'mon man, talk to me here, don't read, and that I knew that the satellite was being sold and I knew people that were actually looking for new service providers. He said that even though they had sold the satellite, they were still keeping their bandwidth on the satellite and they're still planning on rolling out the new channels in March.

btw, donnelly your avatar rocks.

From Reuters.com

S&P upgrades Rainbow ratings, affirms Cablevision
Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:28 AM ET
NEW YORK, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's on Tuesday upgraded the ratings on Rainbow Media Enterprises and Rainbow National Services to reflect the ratings of their parent, Cablevision Systems Corp. (CVC.N: Quote, Profile, Research) .
Cablevision had planned to spin off the Rainbow Media Enterprises unit with satellite assets and several cable channels but decided to just sell satellite assets to EchoStar Communications Corp. (DISH.O: Quote, Profile, Research) instead. Selling the assets removes a major uncertainty around Cablevision's profile, S&P said.

S&P affirmed Cablevision's "BB" corporate credit rating, and raised the Rainbow units' corporate credit rating to "BB" from "B."

The link is below
http://www.reuters.com/financeNewsArticle.jhtml?type=bondsNews&storyID=7424270

mdonnelly said:

Where do you get our facts?. An established company with credit always is billed after the schedule runs on a monthly basis. I have been a media buyer for 30 years of OTA and Cable and never had to pay in advance except for political. Don't start with making up facts again.

Fact. Saw new promos for new shows on VOOM exclusives for February. Just stated airing yesterday that I noticed.

Last night In Miami (During West Wing- Thats an Expensive spot) they were playing the BrandsMart Rebate Ads
Buy an HDTV with VOOM and get a 300.00 Dollar Rebate.

gutter said:
Fact. Saw new promos for new shows on VOOM exclusives for February. Just stated airing yesterday that I noticed.

The sale will take at least a few weeks....the promos and the shows have been ready for weeks....

That is why so important if there is no money after 1/31/05 to fund VOOM. You may always change the budget but you need money to fund your operation way ahead of months because what you get in February 2005 was paid month(s) before. If there's no money after 1/31/05, we may not see the ramifications until later (if VOOM is still in existance). Thanks Davis for the clarification.

gutter said:
Where do you get our facts?. An established company with credit always is billed after the schedule runs on a monthly basis. I have been a media buyer for 30 years of OTA and Cable and never had to pay in advance except for political. Don't start with making up facts again.
I resent that! This is the first fact that I ever made up! Well, I call it "speculation". Time will tell. :)

www.voomhdsports.com (www.worldsportsoccer.com) web site has just announced confirmed soccer and hockey events for February, proposed soccer games through the end of February and Rush premieres all the way through March 27. I'll take it as a good sign!

I noticed the VOOM logo/ad has disappeared from the "SatelliteGuys Gold Sponsors" header. Does that count as a 'sign'? :)

jailbird said:
I noticed the VOOM logo/ad has disappeared from the "SatelliteGuys Gold Sponsors" header. Does that count as a 'sign'? :)
Some technical problems, I think. Click Refresh and it will be back! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)