VOOM in Portland, Oregon Area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
walter

Are you using the antenna that voom supplies or a different one for ota chaneels?

sloud74: I'm using the Stealth antenna (VOOM supplied) with the booster. The weird thing is that I'm only about 10 miles west from the towers and all the channels work OK except Fox (12.1/12.2) and WB (32.1).

Walter L. said:
I'm using the Stealth antenna (VOOM supplied) with the booster.
Walter, I put up the Stealth this past weekend because I needed an antenna feed to my PC and it works great without the amp for me. I didn't want to split my big OTA antenna feed again, it's already split about 6 times but I still get an excellent signal without an amp. :yes

Amp

On the stealth is there a switch for the amp. function? or do you get one that doesn't have an amp and one that does?

Vince2 said:
Floyd actually rerturned a call? Holy cow, you are already ahead of the game. LOL. I'm sure you'll experience the same level of service from Adams as the rest of us. Keep Installs Inc.'s number handy.

No he never returned my call. I ended up calling him today. I had an install scheduled for tomorrow morning. He said if I rescheduled for the afternoon, Steve would do the install. :D I rescheduled. Hopefully I'll be Vooming tomorrow!

Steve did my install yesterday, he knows what he is doing. Not like the guy with the Ford van.

Charlie

Mine came with 2 boards, one to use with the amp and one to use without the amp. I used the board without the amp. I think the switch is an FM trap.

No luck

Well, Steve came, he walked all around the house. But I had a big clump of trees in the way. On one side of the house I was at the very edge of the trees, but directly in a mess of branches. On the other side of the house I was shooting directly into the trees. If only I could move my house 6 feet over. I guess I'll have to wait for voom to put up another sat.

In this picture North is strait up from the point of where the lines connect. The line with a number 1 is about where a person a couple houses down from me has a dish network satellite.

Do you guys think that the voom satellite will be located pointing where 2, 3, or 4 is?

Thanks.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    201.3 KB · Views: 153
attachment.php
[/IMG]

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    201.3 KB · Views: 156
Niteskie said:
Well, Steve came, he walked all around the house. But I had a big clump of trees in the way. On one side of the house I was at the very edge of the trees, but directly in a mess of branches. On the other side of the house I was shooting directly into the trees. If only I could move my house 6 feet over. I guess I'll have to wait for voom to put up another sat.
How about a pole? Do you have LOS from anywhere on your property?

It would have to be a pretty tall pole, mounted to the top of the house. Or if I mounted it on the other side of my neighbors house, I could probably hit an opening.

Bummer! Maybe you could talk your neighbor into getting Voom and you could share a pole.

reception

I was wondering how everyones reception has been for the past couple of days since it has been off and on rain and overcast most of the time. I am going to get voom by the 31st, but I wanna know how easy Voom gets rain fade here in Portland.

I have a 24" dish and it really depends on the type of rain. If the clouds over the mountains are black but you have sunny sky overhead, you can lose your signal. Likewise, it can be pouring cats & dogs overhead but the clouds over the mountains are light and you'll have a strong signal. All in all, I've lost just a few minutes off and on over the last few days, but I don't watch much TV, mainly from about 7-9 PM.

I've had no problems with rain fade during the last couple of raining days. I live in NW Portland. There were a couple of times it was really coming down and all I could see once in while the pixels breaking up, but I never lost the signal. By the way if the installer is driving a Ford van beware. This guy is lazy and doesn't want to work

Charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)