VOOM OTA Mapping Problems? (Channels listed are not as expected)

dledeaux said:
That's correct, those are Shreveport stations. That is what I SHOULD have in my guide. I think the 109 is bogus. I think it is just a default mapping that the STB has but mine won't ever update so it still shows it.

I'm not sure what you mean by seeing the mapping id by my zip code shows up. It looks like the zip code in the spreadsheet only shows the zip of the station.

Did you do a factory reset after reading this and then if the channels do not show up a reboot. If this does not helps, I like to have your information email to me address, zipcode, and a description that you are getting a mapped number of 109 instead of 81. Let's see if they can do something about this.

Sean Mota said:
Did you do a factory reset after reading this and then if the channels do not show up a reboot. If this does not helps, I like to have your information email to me address, zipcode, and a description that you are getting a mapped number of 109 instead of 81. Let's see if they can do something about this.

I did. I have done 3 today alone.

I'll email you my info.

THanks

chicago ota

Sean channels 26-1, 26-2, 11-2 have showed up in my program guide and are working now. Thank you for all your help in this matter. It is great to have a forum to solve these issues. I believe ABC in Chicago channel 7-1 is also multicasting on 7-2. This is the only ota that I think We in chicago don't have.

Thanks
Slyscooter

Quick Question

Well after almost 4 months of Voom they finally mapped an OTA channel of mine that I can actually recieve. I was pretty happy about this as I wanted to compare the quality of off air HD to the satellite HD. So on the PG last nite on this channel, "MY wife and kids" was listed at 8PM in HD. So I stayed up a little late (usually in bed by then cause i get up at 2am) to check it out.

Lo and behold, the program starts, and its in SD 4:3...and bad SD at that

Does anyone elses local channels do this to you? I would think if they were going to all the effort to transmit digitally, they would trasmit in HD the programs that are available and listed as such

I am just curious if anyone else has locals transmitting digital signals and then putting crappy SD where the HD should be

If they just recently went on the air, they may not have the $$$$ equipment to pass HD from the network yet. Or they may have simply forgotten to "flip the switch."

You may want to give the network a call or email to inquire about the status of their HD broadcasts.

Yup

JaydeeD said:
I am just curious if anyone else has locals transmitting digital signals and then putting crappy SD where the HD should be

Sorry to disappoint you but I am affraid that just becuase they are broadcasting a Digital Signal due to monatary constraints they usually will broadcast in HD those show that bring in the most money. I think that most channels broadcast about 70-80% SD and 20-30% HD.

I agree that this sucks. As time goes on the numbers will flip the other way.

Bill

Assuming they have the equipment setup, it doesn't cost them anything more to broadcast in HD vs SD.

I think it was just an issue with that particular show last night -- maybe just locally in your area.

I'm in Detroit and usually they broadcast my wife and kids in HD but for some reason last night they either forgot to flip the switch -- or the network didn't pass it in HD.

Check it again next time something is supposed to be in HD and I think you'll find it is okay.

JaydeeD said:

Jaydee,

Our local ABC station has been broadcasting digitally for a couple years now but they still lack providing the HD signal from ABC. Supposedly and I use that term lightly they are promising by fall of this year they will have everything in place to pass on the HD signal. It's really a shame since this station is the one I get the best signal on and there are a few shows I watch on ABC that are in HD..

Only time will tell I guess..so I wait...

Rick

Voom does not have our local Fox widescreen subchannel mapped. I have no idea why because it's been on the air for years. I sent a request to Voom and they replied that it is being worked on.

Okay-don't hate me- I'm on vacay in Vegas watching NCAA hoops and my poor wife is still home trying to get the locals to map. She called me tonight and said she spent 30 mins on the phone with VOOM and they transferred her to Installs Inc, where she spent over an hour with someone doing multiple factory resets, unplugs, and power ons and offs. The veridict was it's a Motorola problem and they'll get back to her. I really appreciate all the help we're getting, but in the words of the intrepid explorer, Ernest Shackelton, "Superhuman effort isn't worth a damn unless it achieves results." On the plus side, we only have the basic VOOM package, but after she did multiple trips and hits to the box, for some reason she got STARZ HD and watched Lord of the Rings in HD tonight. I can just feel the Plus Pack being added........

So am I alone in my problem? I unhooked the over air coax and plugged it direct to the TV before I left so my wife so I can watch the locals, but I'd rather have them show in the PG in HD glory..... Any help is appreciated. -Dan

dtilton, you need to make sure that the mapping is correct first in VOOM's side. Did you put your zipcode and make sure your local map is correct? Please let me know.

P.S. see first post on this thread for instructions.

Well Sean, Voom has fixed the three PBS channels this week, so all that is left is for WCIV-DT 4.1 ABC here in CHARLESTON SC area to be mapped. I hope they didn't just concentrate on PBS and forget ABC. Well, hopefully soon it will be fixed.

Hammer

Sean,
Any idea how long it should take for this to get updated. They don't have mine updated yet.

Sean Mota said:
dtilton, you need to make sure that the mapping is correct first in VOOM's side. Did you put your zipcode and make sure your local map is correct? Please let me know.

P.S. see first post on this thread for instructions.

Sean-

I'm in Boston, zip 02048- we're have tons of HD and SD local channels and they're all on the VOOM site- when I plug in my zip. There's no question that my zip should have tons of locals. We just can't map to them. We show on our PG 12-1 from Rhode Island, then a bunch of 53-1, 53-2,53-3 and I have no idea where those come from. Then straight to channel 100. After resets and trips back we get the 0-3, 0-4, 0-6 channels for a bit, then the PG comes back and we lose those and the 12- and 53s come back. VOOM and Installs acknowledge the probelm and say it's a Motorola problem and they'll get back to me.... Any ideas? Thanks. -Dan

dtilton said:
Sean-

I'm in Boston, zip 02048- we're have tons of HD and SD local channels and they're all on the VOOM site- when I plug in my zip. There's no question that my zip should have tons of locals. We just can't map to them. We show on our PG 12-1 from Rhode Island, then a bunch of 53-1, 53-2,53-3 and I have no idea where those come from. Then straight to channel 100. After resets and trips back we get the 0-3, 0-4, 0-6 channels for a bit, then the PG comes back and we lose those and the 12- and 53s come back. VOOM and Installs acknowledge the probelm and say it's a Motorola problem and they'll get back to me.... Any ideas? Thanks. -Dan

Go to the system status channel map and post your off -air map number

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)