VOOM OTA Mapping Problems? (Channels listed are not as expected)

JaydeeD said:
http://tms.tribune.com/

Tribune Media, they own Zap2It and supply program info for just about everybody, not just Voom

Like I say Nothing Voom can do till Tribune can get the listings for the channel. it may not even be Tribunes fault, Some stations don't cooperate and send the listings when asked
It was Voom that chose to use local "mapping" instead of scanning like every one else. It was Voom that chose to not allow self-installs.

Do not make excuses for Voom. These are THEIR decisions.

Gr8Reb8 said:
It was Voom that chose to use local "mapping" instead of scanning like every one else. It was Voom that chose to not allow self-installs.

Do not make excuses for Voom. These are THEIR decisions.

Not trying to defend VOOM but they have acknowledged that the local mapping was a mistake and this is why they are working on the scanning function. As to the self-installs, I believe it will happen but they could not afford to do it now for security reasons (my own opinion). Their system is not secured enough yet to let individuals self-install. I believe they want to have a closed system where they can account for every receiver out in the field. This is just my own thougths about it and I believe we will see self-installation in the future as we though that not having a leasing program from the beginning was a mistake and 3 months later we see one in place.

There is method to their madness and we will see more changes coming. Changes that will wow us and said I never thought of that.

Another OTA Problem

I noticed that there is one station not showing up in the pg.....I did a power reboot....but it won't load this station....it's channel WVUEDT 8.1 in area code 70448......I have a real good antenna and booster too.....all other channels show in the pg. I'm also having some signals not coming in at all at times.....it may be due the poor wiring job I got.....but that's another problem.

Does everyone get that 8.15 INVOOM channel? I was wondering if its the problem with 8.1 channel? Is my mapping correct and # of channels correct below? Any problem with those numbers?

sat. signal quality is 62
off-air signal quality is 79
sat. signal power is 60
off-air signal power is 44
sat. map is 4560
off-air map is 0042
# of sat. channels is 130
# of off-air channels is 6
IP region 13

Are these numbers part of my problem?

Please let me know if you for some reason after the new software download your local mapping problems, get resolved so I may update the list. Thanks.

Sean Mota said:
Please let me know if you for some reason after the new software download your local mapping problems, get resolved so I may update the list. Thanks.

I'm still missing WB after the update.

Sean - Is this still the right way to find out about mapping? From your summary list at the beginning of this thread, it looks like you haven't had any responses in a couple of weeks. Mine was submitted on 3/10.

I have been a voom subscriber since Jan. The installer put the ota antenna up using the diplexer, so only one cable came into the voom receiver. I was only able to get 4 ota stations. The program guide also only showed those four. I was told that it was a mapping problem that would get resolved soon. After reading many posts by voom subscribers, I removed the diplexer and only ran that cable straight to the voom receiver Sat in. I installed my own antenna on my roof with its own cable line and hooked it into the voom box ‘ANT in’. I still only get the four stations but my signal strength rose quite a bit.

I then unhooked the Antenna cable and plugged it into my TV’s built in HD/Digital tuner and was able to get more than voom.

I have contacted voom numerous times and they tell me different stories all the time. 1. The antenna can’t pick up those stations, that’s why I don’t get them (funny, because my TV’s HD tuner can) 2. They are working on mapping issues.

Here is what I get

Voom Box Channels via antenna

25.1 WEEKDT
43.1 WYZZDT
47.1 WTVPDT
59.1 WAOEDT

VOOMS WEBSITE says I should get with my zip 61761

3.1 WCIADT
15.1 WICDDT
17.1 WANDDT
20.1 WICSDT
23.1 WBUIDT
25.1 WEEKDT
35.1 WWTODT
43.1 WYZZDT
47.1 WTVPDT
59.1 WAOEDT

What my Built in TV HD/digital tuner gets and says

WYZZDT 43.01 (in channel setup says 28 renamed)
WHOIDT 19.01 (in channel setup says 40 renamed)
WAOEDT 59.39 (in channel setup says 39 renamed)
WEEKDT 57.01
WTVP 46.01
WMBDDT 31.01 (in channel setup says 30 renamed)
WTVPHD 46.04

No one at voom I have talked with seems to understand what I telling them. Today one of the csr’s was trying to tell me that what my antenna was picking up was analog, I just had to laugh. I just want to be able to get my locals via the voom box so I don’t have to switch between inputs (Voom box and Digital tuner).

BTW, The software update did not help with OTA channel.

faithntim said:
Sean - Is this still the right way to find out about mapping? From your summary list at the beginning of this thread, it looks like you haven't had any responses in a couple of weeks. Mine was submitted on 3/10.

Yes, I haven't heard anything new... I sent more mapping problems but haven't had time to update the first page with the new people. Will do soon. I usually post any new information here and also send you a personal email.

I was told by a csr that Voom doesnt have my area mapped ,this is the reason that my PG does not show any info for my local stations but i can watch these channels fine just no PG info.Is there any way to confirm this to be true or not .I live in the northern Va area zip 22193

traxxs said:
I was told by a csr that Voom doesnt have my area mapped ,this is the reason that my PG does not show any info for my local stations but i can watch these channels fine just no PG info.Is there any way to confirm this to be true or not .I live in the northern Va area zip 22193

That doesn't make sense. If they show up in your PG and you can view them, then they are mapped.

Maybe your local channel isn't providing info. Two of mine show 'no info' or 'off air' for part of the day when in fact they are broadcasting. Same thing showed on my D* STB.

Bill

I'm also able to watch my local channels but don't have any PG info, I checked the VOOM zap2it TV listings for my zipcode (08205) and there are channel listings there, the local channels are mapped correctly but I'm just not seeing the listings for my locals in my PG.

Word From Voom on OTA Mapping Problem!

I was missing all my OTA info in the PG yesterday......emailed Wilt, who copied to Peter.........Peter sent this:
"There are a couple of issues swirling with OTA listings - one was
specific to yesterday and was traced to a bad FTP file from our listings
provider. This should have been refreshed early this morning. Let me
know if the listings are still missing today - if so, it is probably
issue #2, which is a synch problem between our listings data and OTA
maps - this has been fixed, tested and is ready to move to production,
but is not in yet."

My listing are all back this morning.....but does the 2nd problem that Peter mentioned mean Voom is changing the way they map our ota channels....maybe that scanning method that's been mentioned?

I noticed this yesterday as I lost all channel designation and program information in OTA channels. This am it was all fixed.

RickyMac said:
My zip is 36870, my channels are correct, I can watch them very clearly, but I have no info in the PG.

Sean...Help...Thanks

There was a problem with the OTA guide yesterday. But it was corrected. Di you try to unpplug/plug receiver to see if it helps. If that does not help, you may ask the csr tech at Voom to send a hit to the box to see if that helps.

Sean...Tried Everything

I did a reboot, I did a factory reset, I did an unplug/replug. I still do not have any program info on the PG regarding my locals (zip 36870).

I wonder....The voom has the correct time (Eastern Time Zone) but techically I am in the Central Time Zone. I live in Alabama just accross the Georgia line from Columbus, GA. 2 miles west of me everyone uses central time. This has been a problem with D* because all my program listings are one hour early. I have got used to this, I just don't look at the time, I look at the program. A few years ago D* tried to fix the problem by assigning me a Georgia zip (31907) and this fixed the problem, but because of some law they had to change it back. (With the 31907 zip I could get XXX programing that is blacked out in Alabama)

This may not have anything to do with the problem, just thought I would offer the information

Sean-

I just sent you an email. Looking for an update on my mapping problem for 02048. Thanks for all your help. What can those of us whom you've helped ever do to repay you? -Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts