VOOM OTA Mapping Problems? (Channels listed are not as expected)

verboten said:
I have been a voom subscriber since Jan. The installer put the ota antenna up using the diplexer, so only one cable came into the voom receiver. I was only able to get 4 ota stations. The program guide also only showed those four. I was told that it was a mapping problem that would get resolved soon. After reading many posts by voom subscribers, I removed the diplexer and only ran that cable straight to the voom receiver Sat in. I installed my own antenna on my roof with its own cable line and hooked it into the voom box ‘ANT in’. I still only get the four stations but my signal strength rose quite a bit.

I then unhooked the Antenna cable and plugged it into my TV’s built in HD/Digital tuner and was able to get more than voom.

I have contacted voom numerous times and they tell me different stories all the time. 1. The antenna can’t pick up those stations, that’s why I don’t get them (funny, because my TV’s HD tuner can) 2. They are working on mapping issues.

Here is what I get

Voom Box Channels via antenna

25.1 WEEKDT
43.1 WYZZDT
47.1 WTVPDT
59.1 WAOEDT

VOOMS WEBSITE says I should get with my zip 61761

3.1 WCIADT
15.1 WICDDT
17.1 WANDDT
20.1 WICSDT
23.1 WBUIDT
25.1 WEEKDT
35.1 WWTODT
43.1 WYZZDT
47.1 WTVPDT
59.1 WAOEDT

What my Built in TV HD/digital tuner gets and says

WYZZDT 43.01 (in channel setup says 28 renamed)
WHOIDT 19.01 (in channel setup says 40 renamed)
WAOEDT 59.39 (in channel setup says 39 renamed)
WEEKDT 57.01
WTVP 46.01
WMBDDT 31.01 (in channel setup says 30 renamed)
WTVPHD 46.04

No one at voom I have talked with seems to understand what I telling them. Today one of the csr’s was trying to tell me that what my antenna was picking up was analog, I just had to laugh. I just want to be able to get my locals via the voom box so I don’t have to switch between inputs (Voom box and Digital tuner).

BTW, The software update did not help with OTA channel.

Did you send me this information as well as your address, zipcode, etc.

I have completed adding everyone who sent me a request regarding OTA mapping problems for the last two weeks. If you sent me a request and you do not see it posted let me know. I have sent all those requests to VOOM. I have also created a table with all the old ones and re-sent them as well.

Sean Mota said:
I have completed adding everyone who sent me a request regarding OTA mapping problems for the last two weeks. If you sent me a request and you do not see it posted let me know. I have sent all those requests to VOOM. I have also created a table with all the old ones and re-sent them as well.

Thanks Sean.

I sure hope they act on it in a timely fashion.

Sean-

Wilt emailed directly and so did Peter. They're on the job! Thanks for your help!

-Dan

Been emailing with Peter and Wilt today and Peter just wrote and said my OTA mapping should be fixed when I get home tonight. A quick unplug should be all that's needed. I hope it's that easy! SWEEEEEEET!

Getting tired of all the trouble

It's come to the point of my ending the VOOM saga soon.
I've never had any OTA channels mapped even though Sean and Wilt both made efforts to help me.
I've emailed Tribune myself with all the pertinent data at least 4 times: no response or help.
Called VOOM at least 10 times, had a service visit to address this problem: no help.
And now, the software - DVI - black screen glitch.
VOOMer since Feb 10th and almost ready to bail.....

Sorry for the negativity, but my patience is wearing thin. :(

Locals are here!

Sean-

Pete is amazing! Got home, checked the PG and all my locals were there! Didn't even have to unplug or reboot. Everybody Loves Raymond was even funnier in HD last night! :) -Dan

HD Junkie said:
It's come to the point of my ending the VOOM saga soon.
I've never had any OTA channels mapped even though Sean and Wilt both made efforts to help me.
I've emailed Tribune myself with all the pertinent data at least 4 times: no response or help.
Called VOOM at least 10 times, had a service visit to address this problem: no help.
And now, the software - DVI - black screen glitch.
VOOMer since Feb 10th and almost ready to bail.....

Sorry for the negativity, but my patience is wearing thin. :(

HD Junkie,

I thought you only had problem with one OTA:

"The station is KCOY-DT (19) (12-1) CBS affiliate and can be verified at TitanTV.com"

Is this correct or I am confusing you with someone else. Check the second post on this thread and let me know if I haven't listed you there.

OTA Mapping

Sean,
I am listed there.
I should tell you that this morning I did yet another unplug/replug of my STB and low and behold there are, finally, two channels in my PG, but, they are KSBY-DT which isn't even testing yet and KTAS-DT a Spanish language channel I have no interest in.
The channels I've requested to be mapped for my zipcode (93436) are KCOY-DT (live) and KCOY-DT (testing). Your second post in this thread does refer to both channels. (KCOY-DT mentioned by VOOM reply)
As I have mentioned in eariler posts, my neighbor, just 180 feet from me, get's great reception from his identical roof mounted Radio Shack antenna on his integrated digital tuner in his TV, so I know the signals can be received.
Thanks for your reply

Sean,

I unplugged my box and plugged it back in, and did a factory reset.
still no PG info for my locals.

i'm in zipcode 08205

tom branella said:
Sean,

I unplugged my box and plugged it back in, and did a factory reset.
still no PG info for my locals.

i'm in zipcode 08205

It takes 10-20 minutes to get PG info. But this is a known problem as well for some stbs. There are a few people that don't get PG informatio in the locals. I heard that V* is working on this.

Am I being unreasonable expecting that after nearly three weeks that I still have not had one single OTA channel added from those that I reported missing and am getting a little irratated about it?

Not at all. I've been waiting since Feb 10th.
My concern has been "escalated"

WOW!!!!

5 times!!!!

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect locals. At the very least, someone should give you a time frame. i got the old "they're working on it" spiel. Well, that's not acceptable.
When I get back from my trip, I'll call VOOm for the fifth and last time. This time, it will be for a deinstall and a refund.

Sean,
TIA :)

Email sent 3/30

Channels mapped:
8-1 KSBWD1 (Received by DSR-550 and other OTA tuner with same OTA antenna)

Channels shown by Zap2it and NOT mapped:
11.1 KNTVDT (Received by other OTA tuner with same OTA antenna)
36.1 KICUDT (Received by other OTA tuner with same OTA antenna)
46.1 KIONDT (Received by other OTA tuner with same OTA antenna)
48.1 KSDSDT

Channels NOT mapped OR shown by Zap2it but received by OTHER OTA tuner with same OTA antenna:
11.2 KNTVDT (11.1 is SD, 11.2 is HD or vice-versa)
35.1 KCBA (Fox)

sean:i live in sarasota fl 34231 and i get all o/a channels execpt,20.1,26.1,and46.1.there not on screen.could you help? thanks in advance,ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)