VOOM OTA Mapping Problems? (Channels listed are not as expected)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sean Mota said:
Go to the system status channel map and post your off -air map number
Sean-

I don't know what that means........ I've gone on system status and looked at the numbers- # sat channels/ # off air. Sat is like 120 or something and off air is 3. Is that what you mean? I'm not at home, but I can ahve my wife check tonight if you pass on the instructions..... -Dan

Thanks Sean..... I'll pass the info to my wife so she can tryu it tonight and I'll report back tomorrow. Thanks for all the help..... -Dan

Sean,
This is "the wife" of Dan who's ready to pull her hair out. Although I'm not at home, I believe I've memorized every setting under "system status" and after going through the menu 100 times last night, I seem to recall that our off-air channel map DOES say 0006 so do you have any other thoughts?

Also, the support guy from Installs, Inc. had me stop doing factory resets after a few and just did unplugging and reboots. He implied that too many factory resets weren't good for the box. Seems unlikely to me but is this true?

Thanks! - Janet

Janet,

I was hoping that it was not 0006 because this way I can shoot it to my contacts so that they could have rectified this. I do not know what else to do if your off-air channel map says "0006". My own recommendation will be to get a new box. It does not makes sense to me that the local channel is correct, you have done the factory reset several times and this does not bring up the locals.

I know what the guys for Installs Inc said but I would follow very closely and ask them for a prompt solution or change the box. When you get home tonight, check that number just ensure that it is "0006".

I was wrong!

Sean,

I hope this is good news----the off-air channel map reads 0048! What next???
Thanks so much,
Janet

Sean Mota said:
Janet,

I was hoping that it was not 0006 because this way I can shoot it to my contacts so that they could have rectified this. I do not know what else to do if your off-air channel map says "0006". My own recommendation will be to get a new box. It does not makes sense to me that the local channel is correct, you have done the factory reset several times and this does not bring up the locals.

I know what the guys for Installs Inc said but I would follow very closely and ask them for a prompt solution or change the box. When you get home tonight, check that number just ensure that it is "0006".

dtilton said:
Sean,

I hope this is good news----the off-air channel map reads 0048! What next???
Thanks so much,
Janet

Janet,

right now, not much I can do but it looks like it is good news. I usually request that the mapping be corrected. I have been told by VOOM to send all requests on Fridays. I am behind and will send tomorrow. I need your address, zipcode, and a description of the problem (the above). Send it to Sean_Mota@Satelliteguys.us

I will email you or post here when I hear something.

Any way to expedite the adding of OTA channels?

Don't get me wrong Sean, I appreciate what your doing in helping us out. I just can't help but noticing that those that requested OTA channels in the beginning of March had answers/fixes in a few days, but those of us that started requests about the 10th of March have had no answer for going on 10 days.

I've checked my guide on V*'s site every day hoping to see my FOX and ABC stations added to no avail.

I have contacted V* myself and have been told my request has been 'escalated'...that was 10 days ago.

Bill

Mr. Biggles said:
Any way to expedite the adding of OTA channels?

Don't get me wrong Sean, I appreciate what your doing in helping us out. I just can't help but noticing that those that requested OTA channels in the beginning of March had answers/fixes in a few days, but those of us that started requests about the 10th of March have had no answer for going on 10 days.

I've checked my guide on V*'s site every day hoping to see my FOX and ABC stations added to no avail.

I have contacted V* myself and have been told my request has been 'escalated'...that was 10 days ago.

Bill

I do not know the actual operation procedure but it seemed to be a two part function. The first is for Tribune to recognize that the channel is missing from your DMA so they add it to the data stream. The second is for Motorola to take the data stream and add it to the VOOM receiver. As to the time that each process takes, I am not sure? This is why I created this list and there are people waiting longer than 10 days liike johnpete which I have requested several times. I see the same thing you see. Some people get it sooner than other. Why? I do not know but I know there must be a reason or complication.

Sean Mota said:
Why? I do not know but I know there must be a reason or complication.

Why? is what I asked V* and I have not recieved a legitimate answer. Beating around the bush works for so long.

I have the patience to wait, but the average subscriber who calls and gets the run-around without a definitive answer after numerous inquiries is sure to get dis-infranchised rather quickly.

Kudos to you Sean for your untired persistence in helping us all out.

Bill

OTA Problem Fixed Maybe?

Have had contact with Wilt and he had Peter respond to me to advise that the problem a bunch of us are having not getting OTA channels even though they are mapped is that the 0-4, 0-8, etc. stuff indicated that our receivers are stuck in factory map mode. That's why the factory reset works sometimes for some people and for others it dosen't. They are hoping that the new push will force the receiver to take the channel map update so we can get our OTA channels. After the push if you still don't get them then you will need to get a new receiver or wait until the next software push comes (in a month latest). Motorola knows about this problem and it is number one on the list to get fixed.

Also thanks Sean for getting back to me

Sean- thanks for all the help. I'm with Mr. Biggles....this is rather annoying and I think folks who use these forums are generally more eductaed and perhaps patient, but there's a limit. I keep unhooking the coax from the 8vsb module and hooking it direct to the TV to watch locals just to catch the local news and weather. Anything VOOM doing to compensate or appease those who have these problems? It's not a huge deal, but it is a deficit in service that others who pay the same monthly fee are don't have to tolerate. Maybe a month of HBO or something? Just a thought..... We're spending so much time on this forum, and on the phone with VOOM and Installs, inc that we're not watching ANY tv at all...... Just thinking out loud. -Dan

As far as adding locals to the map, there is very little Voom can do to speed it up.

I had one channel missing from my map since december, Peter from Voom requested it be added on a weekly basis, but until Tribune adds it to THEIR system all Voom can do is wait. Tribune added it last wednesday, and within an hour Voom had it in the system and working on my reciever

Don't blame Voom, blame Tribune

JaydeeD said:
Don't blame Voom, blame Tribune

Voom chose to use Tribune so I DO blame Voom.
Three weeks since Voom responded to request and still do not have all locals mapped.

Hey where did my "OTA adjustments...." thread go!!!

Doesn't matter, I'll post here:
I just wanted to let you know that I tweaked the antenna that was pointing to my roof (still is though but higher and further out) and YES...I got three more of my locals...
Now I'm only missing two and they're not important to me anyway.

Oh BTW...I didn't fall off the ladder!
Thanks!

TheHammer69 said:
Who or what is "Tribune" exactly?

Hammer

http://tms.tribune.com/

Tribune Media, they own Zap2It and supply program info for just about everybody, not just Voom

Like I say Nothing Voom can do till Tribune can get the listings for the channel. it may not even be Tribunes fault, Some stations don't cooperate and send the listings when asked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)