VOOM Programming beyond May 1st?

Videomax

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
When you check the Zap2it listings for VOOM Programming beyond May 1st, you get actual film programming for the following channels: GUYTV, MONSTER, KUNG FU, and THE MAJESTIC, ANIMANIA channel. They have detailed film listings through May 10th. This is the first time such detailed film infor has appeared on the Zap2it listings. I've been checking everyday for the past few weeks.
They also have detailed lisitings for all the other non-film VOOM channels such as RAVE, AUCTION, etc.

This has been posted. but good to know that another source found it too.

I'm not familiar with zap2it use but when I just checked, I saw listings through May 9 for all the VOOM channels. Does this really mean anything? Tell me what I'm doing wrong?

All I did was adjust my grid for my zip code and selected VOOM as my provider. Then selected various dates beyond May 1. If this is what you all are doing, then maybe there is nothing meaningful in the zap2it guide.

For about a week there was no programming data for these channels in the Zap2it guide beyond May 1, strangely now there is. A few channels still show no data.

That's the thing that stood out for me. I checked the Zap2it Voom guide over the past week and a half or so for VOOM programs May 1st and beyond. Previously, for all the exclusive VOOM movie channels there were no detailed movie listings, just "movie" and a time grid. As of this morning, there are detailed movie title and time listings for the four VOOM movie channels listed at the start of this thread.

VOOM ends may 1st but its speculated (rumored) that deals are in the works for some "selected' VOOM21 channels to appear on other Cable providers or Satellite providers (such as Dish Network)

I don't think that having Zap2it, TV Guide, Tivo Guide or the STB Program Guide information updated past the shutdown time makes any difference...remember PG info is given in advance. On any channel other than Voom 21/exclusives, info is given because these channels are available on other providers.
In the Voom 21's case, their programming staff probably has had info set for May since before the shutdown orders, thus the info is available although unfortunately we won't see the programs...
If only "movie" was on the zap2it guide, it's probably due to the Programming staff not sending the info on time or not knowing what to do...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts