Voom to disable OTA tuner in STB?

I am more than chillin ;)... and have posted much the same thing regarding no official word.

Just tired of people misreading and/or misinterpreting posts :)

Lob

Slick said:
I am with Scott, leave my home the way you found it.. Cya Slick

I will disconnect my own dish------- MOSTLY BECAUSE I AM SURE THE TECH WONT GIVE A CRAP

I will disconnect my boxes because i dont trust the tech with my equipment- i installed in the house upon initial install , ----again because i dont trust techs or for that matter anyone with my equipment.

last i will NOT spend one penny sending these boxes back. i will give plenty of opportunity to tech/fed ex to pick thee boxes up, but i assure you it will be at my convenience, i spent enough time in the last months waiting around for a Voom tech,

What group does that put me in ?

i will say this and hope that it get to voom...I WILL NOT PAY THE BILL AND WILL NOT GIVE BACK THE BOX OR THE SAT EQUP UNTIL THEY REPAIR THE HOLES FROM THE SCREWS THAT THEY LEFT IN MY HOUSE AND ALSO PAY TO HAVE THE CABLE REINSTALL DUE TO THE TECH THTA CUT IT AND MADE A CRAPPY RECONNECT>>>
So Voom Kiss MY A&% if you think you will get anything back until they are fix what they have put up

Vicki said:
If they do ask for it back, and they send a prepaid mailer, I'll call UPS, FedEx, or whoever to pick it up and send it back.

But, see this isn't going to work with me. When I had VOOM installed my existing OTA antenna and an existing dish pointing at 61.5 was used. These items were installed by myself. The installer just came in and hooked up a receiver (and yes it is on my account that only the receiver was installed). Now if I am not capable of installing a VOOM receiver and it had to be installed by a technician then I also am not capable of removing said receiver.

Also if they send a pre-paid mailer I refuse to stand outside waiting by the mail box for the postal carrier like some hick waiting on their welfare check. I hope they don't decide to use DHL, I have an awful time getting them to deliver here.

However, as Vicki indicated we haven't been told anything so I'm not worried about it.

Vicki said:
What the heck is everybody fighting about? :confused: :confused: As far as I know, no one has asked for any equipment back from the customers.

If they do ask for it back, and they send a prepaid mailer, I'll call UPS, FedEx, or whoever to pick it up and send it back. If they don't send a prepaid mailer...it'll be S.O.L., as I agree with Vurbano that the time and money expenditure is not gonna be on me...let Cablevision foot that bill.

When I disconnected last summer, they sent someone to pick up the STBs. The de-installer was ready to take the dish and antenna, but when I told him if he wanted to, I would expect him to pay for any further repair costs on my roof, he decided he didn't really need to take them.

Why not just chill out until we know whether we have something to holler about? :confused: Vicki

Thank you Vickie!

Sometimes after reading through these forums, I take a deep breath and shake my head in disbelief.

??

So if I disconnected the boxes from the phone and sat. before I called and canceled....I wonder if they'll still work for OTA? Only time will tell I guess, they may pick them up.

I for one am in the camp of just enjoying my Voom programming until the end of the month while it lasts. I'll worry about the equipment when an official word is sent down. :yes

they never came for my boxes!!!

I cancelled 8 months ago. I was a lease customer. They said they would send someone to get the boxes (and only the boxes and remotes). They never came. Then I get a notice saying I owe for the boxes. I wait on the phone on hold for 28 minutes and they once again said they would send somebody. They never came!!! THEN--I get a bill stating that they wrote off the debt, which essentially meant I had bought the boxes, but also was dinged on my credit. I waited on hold 38 minutes and told them I wanted to send the boxes and to clear up my account. They said that seeing the boxes were written off, they were mine. But they said they would send someone to pick them up anyway!!! THEY NEVER CAME!!!!!! See a pattern here!!! THIS is why Voom is out of business. Not because of the rain fade, or the programming, or the box firmware, BUT--the extremely disgraceful customer service!!! And, my boxes are cut off an worthless to me, I really need to get them back to Voom and get the write off reversed, but good luck!!!!

Pete In Plano said:
I cancelled 8 months ago. I was a lease customer. They said they would send someone to get the boxes (and only the boxes and remotes). They never came. Then I get a notice saying I owe for the boxes. I wait on the phone on hold for 28 minutes and they once again said they would send somebody. They never came!!! THEN--I get a bill stating that they wrote off the debt, which essentially meant I had bought the boxes, but also was dinged on my credit. I waited on hold 38 minutes and told them I wanted to send the boxes and to clear up my account. They said that seeing the boxes were written off, they were mine. But they said they would send someone to pick them up anyway!!! THEY NEVER CAME!!!!!! See a pattern here!!! THIS is why Voom is out of business. Not because of the rain fade, or the programming, or the box firmware, BUT--the extremely disgraceful customer service!!! And, my boxes are cut off an worthless to me, I really need to get them back to Voom and get the write off reversed, but good luck!!!!

WTF are you talking about? What's disgraceful here?
Write off sounds you don't owe anything...

You're out of your mind if you think anything else than positive about Voom's CS - they are one of the best and most helpful I ever talked to. (And being a technical person, I'm usually a pain in the @ss for clueless CSRs by default - I tend to become arrogant after 5 minutes of clueless CSR talk, believe me.)

Pete In Plano said:

That's terrible... Lets hope they have a plan of action about collecting the equipment and don't cause the rest of us voomers problems like this.

I'm a bit apprehensive because of the billing experience I had during the last 2 months. They never billed me for March and when I called 2 different CSRs insisted that they had billed me. I finally gave up on it... Then, I was billed twice for April. I sure hope they don't goof up like that when collecting their equipment and deciding who owes money.

T2k said:
WTF are you talking about? What's disgraceful here?
Write off sounds you don't owe anything...

You're out of your mind if you think anything else than positive about Voom's CS - they are one of the best and most helpful I ever talked to. (And being a technical person, I'm usually a pain in the @ss for clueless CSRs by default - I tend to become arrogant after 5 minutes of clueless CSR talk, believe me.)
Write off sounds like you don't owe anything??? Wrong. It goes on your credit. When you go to get a big loan (ie. house, car, etc. ) lenders will usually require you to pay off any "right offs" before they will loan you money. What it means is that you owe money to VOOM but VOOM has given up on trying to collect from you. He needs to get that sh*t straight real quick. Work it from both ends. Get it straight with VOOM and get his credit report corrected.

There is to much stuff here to read(lazy)....Bottom line is there a possibilty of the OTA signal still working IF I totally unplug everything a day or two before they shut down? Thanks......

Indy said:
There are 4 groups or camps when it comes to returning the STB's.
1)Those who purchased them and will keep them
2)Those who leased them and realize the STB's are CV or Voom property and will be returned no matter what.
3)The group as Vurbano is a member who figure Voom can follow their own rules and have a third party do the collecting to keep with the hands off by the customer policy to the end
4)And the last group of STB leasees who feel Voom owes them something as if they have been damaged or hurt by Voom . They want to keep the boxes as compensation.

I am firmly in group 2 and have NO respect for group 4.

I agree with you. I'm in group # 2 and will even be willing to ship them back via UPS/FedEx ground myself if necessary.

Actually you missed group 5... those who purchased them and want a partial refund and who will be happy returning them because they are useless to them otherwise. I fall into that category.

-MP

madpoet said:
Actually you missed group 5... those who purchased them and want a partial refund and who will be happy returning them because they are useless to them otherwise. I fall into that category.

-MP

Good point MP. I did not figure you would want to give up the OTA tuner if it were enabled for a purchased STB. How about a partial refund and you still keep the STB for OTA?

Please Clarify!

Hooking the box to the phone line was never a part of my installation. I remember getting the cord for it but the installer never even mentioned it. I thought all remote changes to the box could be handled over the satellite? Am I in breach of my contract? :eek: :D

Indy said:
Good point MP. I did not figure you would want to give up the OTA tuner if it were enabled for a purchased STB. How about a partial refund and you still keep the STB for OTA?

I have more OTA tuners than I can shake a stick at. The last thing I need are 2 more with no guide integration ;). All I want is my partial refund, and they can do whatever they want with the boxes.

"leasing" means you get to USE something, by paying a monthly fee, until the lease period is over.
I guess the "lease" period is over on 4-30-05, so, just like a car lease, when its over, you have to return the car, and, I assume, we have to return the box..

the car dealer DOES NOT pay you ANYTHING for your trouble on the day you return the car, so why the hell would anyone here think that VOOM "owes" you anything when and if they ask for their LEASED PROPERTY back??

Lashing out against VOOM is an exercise in futility, so anyone who feels they should "punish" VOOM somehow for going out of business needs a reality check....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)