What happened to dbsforums?

are you serious? The downfall of that site was all of the announcer nonsense. Why can't you just visit the sites you mentioned? Isn't that enough?

:D:D:D

Here we go! I used to think both the announcer posts and the ancillary arguments were ridiculous...until the site went away. Now I miss them! The arguments, not the posts. ;)

And now somebody comes here and asks if this site has the old topics archived!!!

Too funny.

Sandra

I wasn't trying to be funny. All I was asking was about dbsforums. It wasn't just me, there was a lot of people that liked the site and poof it's gone. Give us a little explanation. Is that too much to ask?

I wish we could get an explaniation too.

Again I would host the site for FREE, I want to see it live and its history perserved. (With that said I dont want to run DBSForums, I got enough on my plate here)

They just need to ask and I can make it happen and the site could be back online in hours.

Well, I agree with you scott. That's all I'm trying to say. I want to see history perserved. From what I've heard the people that were in charge of dbs can't be reached. It's been over 2 months. I don't know what's going on.

I don't mind one thread if the old schedule can get deleted daily (following morning of the games) and the new schedule stays on top. It would be a pain to find a schedule in September and search over multiple pages especially if the topic was not always schedules.

That's pretty simple actually. All they would have to do is sticky a thread and you could just keep editing the top post, but any replies/discussion(s) about said schedule(s) would get confusing, i imagine.

I found it easy. Their was one section for the updated current schedules. All the schedules for the present (2008 mlb schedule, 08 nfl schedule) and another section for all the old stuff. Should've left well enough alone.

Is this site going to be posting all the old forums? For ex., the 95-2000 baseball playoff announcers. 1992-1997 NCAA Tourney basketball announcers etc. I haven't seen it posted on this site. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Besides sportsbroadcasting.com/forums/index and the506.com, where else do are the announcers posted?

I was JohnneeO at the DBS forums. Have you tried

Sports Broadcast History Forums - Index

I am posting 2008 Grand Slam Tennis Finals announcers there (where I can use my preferred name JohnnyO.)

I can see why dbsforums just disappeared. With some of the people that were there they most likely want to get away from it all.

I was JohnneeO at the DBS forums. Have you tried

Sports Broadcast History Forums - Index

I am posting 2008 Grand Slam Tennis Finals announcers there (where I can use my preferred name JohnnyO.)

It's been a a year since JohnnyO has logged in. If you would like I can change your username to JohnnyO since its not being used. If you want me to just PM me and I can make the change.

Honestly, as much as I miss DBSForums, there is a bright spot:

Had I not found this site, I never would have met HD MM, Jimbo or Iceberg.

Sandra, BillDel and myself are DBSForums members .

While I do miss anders (the big Tar Heels fan), I have been fortunate to meet a new online friend in HD MM.
Never fear. I'm back! Sad to see dbsforums go down, RIP. Glad to see some familiar people over here. I'm not a big baseball guy so I usually don't have too much to add to those threads, but once football season rolls around I'll be glad to stir the pot.

Never fear. I'm back! Sad to see dbsforums go down, RIP. Glad to see some familiar people over here. I'm not a big baseball guy so I usually don't have too much to add to those threads, but once football season rolls around I'll be glad to stir the pot.

Haven't see you since our little avatar bet. Ive learned my lesson for the future.

BTW, sorry about what happened in the Final Four against Kansas.

But everyone IS coming back for 2008-09 and Psycho T won basically every national player of the year Award.

I miss Darren S and Zachary (who I believe passed away) he lived in St Louis and I almost had a chance to meet him when i was down there like 5 years ago for a Rams/49ers game, I believe he had down syndrome but he was the perfect stat person, always knew what was on tv and schedules. Plus I have like 5,000 posts at DBS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)