What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Honestly I am kind of Surprised, MHD and National Geographic HD were supposed to be two of the new channels turned on last night.

Chiller HD won't be on in HD until next year.

Why did D* pull Food HD? I watched it for a little bit last night and then couldn't get it back. I had even added it to my favorites and then it disappeared.

Why did D* pull Food HD? I watched it for a little bit last night and then couldn't get it back. I had even added it to my favorites and then it disappeared.

Probably a contractual launch date thing. I'm sure all of the existing and even most of the "non-existent" HD channels are uplinked with programming in engineering mode already.

I did hear that D* was primarily launching channels that are new to HD first and then going back to launch existing HD channels they don't carry. Not sure if this is true but they seem to be doing this for the most part.

i'm thinking it might have been a test. or maybe, there were problems because its listed as a sub channel because the programming is different.

I did hear that D* was primarily launching channels that are new to HD first and then going back to launch existing HD channels they don't carry. Not sure if this is true but they seem to be doing this for the most part.

Food is new. It's not a simulcast of the SD version.

I have a question and Im not sure were to post this. Im getting the HR20-700 today. When I activate this will it go ahead and download the latest software or should I just do a force download.

I have a question and Im not sure were to post this. Im getting the HR20-700 today. When I activate this will it go ahead and download the latest software or should I just do a force download.

Your choice, doing a forced download would just get you the same software as if you let it download on it's own. The only time that it would be different is when there's CE releases in the pipe (usually Friday and Saturday between 11PM and 3AM eastern tme).

Every time I've had a box installed the installers always did a force download to the latest national release before activating the box.

FYI, if you don't do a forced download, the unit eventually does it on its own. When I connected a couple new HR20-700s recently, I got distracted by a phone call and wasn't able to force a download from 0x15 to the most current version. After about 7-10 minutes of being connected, both units on their own downloaded 0x18, the current national release.

FYI, if you don't do a forced download, the unit eventually does it on its own. When I connected a couple new HR20-700s recently, I got distracted by a phone call and wasn't able to force a download from 0x15 to the most current version. After about 7-10 minutes of being connected, both units on their own downloaded 0x18, the current national release.

Same thing here on Saturday when I added a 4th box (HR20-700). It downloaded on its own within 5 min.

from the directv hd picture page web site

12 original channels
21 added sept 26
6 added oct 3 today
39 total to date

does anyone have any data on what the missing 40 "national hd channels" will be?
Actually 11 were released today, bringing the total number of national HD channels to 44.

I think you're forgetting Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD (Channel 640), Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD (Channel 629), New England Sports Network/NESN HD(Channel 623), SportsNet New York HD (Channel 625) and YES HD (Channel 622) were launched on CONUS today. Just because they're RSNs they should be counted since they're full time CONUS (part time spot beam I agree should not be counted).

Actually 11 were released today, bringing the total number of national HD channels to 44.

I think you're forgetting Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD (Channel 640), Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD (Channel 629), New England Sports Network/NESN HD(Channel 623), SportsNet New York HD (Channel 625) and YES HD (Channel 622) were launched on CONUS today. Just because they're RSNs they should be counted since they're full time CONUS (part time spot beam I agree should not be counted).
i am not counting rsn's because they do not mention one of them in their add, even the ones released narionally today

How to "force" a download on the HR20-700

Sorry about the newbie question, but how do you "force" a download on the HR20-700:confused:?

Sorry about the newbie question, but how do you "force" a download on the HR20-700:confused:?

Use the menu to restart your recorder.

When the first blue screen and/or the blue light on the front comes on, hit 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote.

The screen will change to the searching for/downloading software screen if there is a release out there more recent than the one you have.

Use the menu to restart your recorder.

When the first blue screen and/or the blue light on the front comes on, hit 0 2 4 6 8 on your remote.

The screen will change to the searching for/downloading software screen if there is a release out there more recent than the one you have.

I went home on my lunch break and got my new hr20 setup and and did the force download and everything seems to be working flawless. So far. When I swapped out the h20 for the hr20 retention went ahead and gave me 12 month hd credit. Better than nothing.

Does anyone know when NBATV HD is going to be on I hope its next Wednsday because there are some games on next week ( I know its preseason). Just want to see how it will look on my new HDTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.