What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am a regular Joe, who works for the government, and I put in my 40hrs a week, take care of the kids, listen to the wife blab, and then relax and watch my Directv. When I want to know about Directv topics, I look up the appropriate thread, and I read and see what is going on. But lately, I see these topics being hijacked by Questioner promoting some company I have never heard of (I live in the Warren, OH area) and then it starts a big bickering fight and I think to myself, "Come on!!!!" Q--I'm all for freedom of speech and crap, but I am a Directv customer, who is reading a Directv thread, who doesnt care about other companies. If I was with Dish, I would go to a Dish thread, same if I was with Time Warner, etc. I don't come here to read about other companies, if I wanted to do that, I would watch commericals, because that it basically what you are doing is promoting and advertising (which makes me think you are one of these guys that gets paid to go into forums like these to promote other companies). What surprises me is that you are a senior member, should'nt you know better and have some respect for your fellow members? Because all you do, in my case, is just annoy me and then I end up going to another website, and I believe that is bad for everyone when crap like that starts to happen.....

Back on topic, I would like to know that answer as well, is it the regular four hd channels we have been hearing about for the April 2nd release? I have also been out of it for a while, what happened to Chiller HD?????

I hear April 1st from some "reliable" sources and the 2nd from others. I would venture to guess the 2nd since Direct usually does all updating on Wednesdays.

Perhaps that the dates are inconsistent may also have me question their reliability....

Even if Chiller has little or no HD content I'd really like to see it. My kids would like Disney and ABC Family. To be honest, with the sports pack I get so much sports already I don't know what to do with it all. :)

Nope, to promote the truth.

FIOS will be carrying the channel in most of their markets, happy now?

I don't care what FIOS carries. Or Dish, for that matter. I wish FIOS and Dish all the luck they can have.

I don't go to their groups and knock them and spread false information just to make them look bad.

I did not have time to go through those useless pages by Q, so can anyone summarize for us what new HD channels might show up on 4/2 on DirecTV?

BTW, who cares about Fios? We don't have it! And Fios is more like cable, they have an advantage in local channels because THEY ARE LOCAL! Each local service only carries its own local channels. DirecTV and Dish must carry all several thousands of locals channels. But guess what I am not paying for my Comcast either, even though they have more locals than DirecTV, I use OTA.

If we hear this guy again here I suggest Sco he is banned.

As I've said before, fios focuses on quality not quantity, and the channels people want most. People want the major networks, cbs, abc, pbs etc in hd before anything else, fios leads directv in this area. People also want the best looking picture quality, fios leads directv in this area.

And yet there is a thread in the War Zone about FIOS that you haven't even commented on yet...:confused:

Quality is great, but what good is it if they only carry a couple of channels I want to watch, provided I am still watching TV in 50 years when they finally make it to my area?

Sorry, not going to happen.
Doesn't need to anyway. They will still be the HD leader even if ESPN News HD comes 3 days later.

Seriously, 3 days difference. Is that really the only thing you have to brag about? And you don't even know if FiOS will get it 3 days earlier than Direct anyway.

I did not have time to go through those useless pages by Q, so can anyone summarize for us what new HD channels might show up on 4/2 on DirecTV?

BTW, who cares about Fios? We don't have it! And Fios is more like cable, they have an advantage in local channels because THEY ARE LOCAL! Each local service only carries its own local channels. DirecTV and Dish must carry all several thousands of locals channels. But guess what I am not paying for my Comcast either, even though they have more locals than DirecTV, I use OTA.

If we hear this guy again here I suggest Sco he is banned.

i banned him twice last year during the brief period i was a mod.

Dont think they really have to prove it at this point.
Exactly. Like any of us are going to downgrade to FiOS in order to get ESPN News in HD 3 days earlier. Direct is already the leader. Even if they don't add ESPN News HD for 3 more months, it is only one channel and Direct is still the leader.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)