Whats going on here just my bad luck?

Robdoggz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Stockton, Ca
Well I have 2 accounts with dish one at my home and one at my moms home. I got a call yesterday from my mom that the single dish receiver on their setup a vip211 started smoking yesterday and I called dish got a replacement at no charge of course but it is going to take 5-7 business days why so long she has no tv at all now.

Well this morning I was watching tv to see the weather it was working then I changed channel to 128 we tv yea I know. Then soon as I changed channel I got the lost dish screen like normal but this time it is cycling threw all the satellites and transponders really fast like nothing is connected at all. I cant do anything other than play recorded events which I did but then my box restarted :mad: Now this restart has taken over 10 minutes and box wont come on I can hear a louder than normal fan type noise going on.

I have to leave to work in a bit and I am concerned no one will be home that this box will burst in smoke like my moms vip211. I am going to just unplug it till I come home tonight. So is this just my bad luck I have been having on average 2 service techs a year in my 5.5 years of service its like my equipment never last be it bad receivers or bad dish lnb's I am getting to the point where I do not want to pay for any paid tv service again.

Sigh sorry to rant here are some pics if they work of my problem I don't know why so many signal losses the weather overnight was not bad it was on Tuesday but the dish mounted in my balcony is fine there is screws holding it in place and it is not moved as I marked with felt pen where it was positioned. Note losses on the bad weather day that is to be expected but it was working just fine last night now its not.

Attachments

• IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 169
It's Dish Network's refurb junk. They try to save money but they overlook stuff or are too cheap to fix it with good stuff and it costs them money because of loss of subscribers.

Well I have 2 accounts with dish one at my home and one at my moms home. I got a call yesterday from my mom that the single dish receiver on their setup a vip211 started smoking yesterday and I called dish got a replacement at no charge of course but it is going to take 5-7 business days why so long she has no tv at all now.

Well this morning I was watching tv to see the weather it was working then I changed channel to 128 we tv yea I know. Then soon as I changed channel I got the lost dish screen like normal but this time it is cycling threw all the satellites and transponders really fast like nothing is connected at all. I cant do anything other than play recorded events which I did but then my box restarted :mad: Now this restart has taken over 10 minutes and box wont come on I can hear a louder than normal fan type noise going on.

I have to leave to work in a bit and I am concerned no one will be home that this box will burst in smoke like my moms vip211. I am going to just unplug it till I come home tonight. So is this just my bad luck I have been having on average 2 service techs a year in my 5.5 years of service its like my equipment never last be it bad receivers or bad dish lnb's I am getting to the point where I do not want to pay for any paid tv service again.

Sigh sorry to rant here are some pics if they work of my problem I don't know why so many signal losses the weather overnight was not bad it was on Tuesday but the dish mounted in my balcony is fine there is screws holding it in place and it is not moved as I marked with felt pen where it was positioned. Note losses on the bad weather day that is to be expected but it was working just fine last night now its not.

Dish usually sends replacement boxes out next day or 2 day high priority, at least in all my experiences, unless your request comes near a weekend or holiday, than the "next day" won't be for some days. Of course, it is next day once they get the box from the refurb center handed to the shippers. Then the next day clock starts ticking. Sorry for the long wait. They should have credited you for that many days.

It's Dish Network's refurb junk. They try to save money but they overlook stuff or are too cheap to fix it with good stuff and it costs them money because of loss of subscribers.

Good point. Sometimes Charlie is such a penny pincher that the customers have a negative experience with the refurb equipment and get ticked and leave. They had to send--RMA--me two 721's until I got one that worked and my mom was NOT pleased at all with all the time it took to get a working replacement for her. She want to watch and DVR her TV NOW, not next week after being sent a bad 721 refurb and waiting for the next replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)