Which NFL games are you receiving this week?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Cincinnati and Dayton
CBS - 1pm - Browns @ Bengals (look for me on the right/south end zone)
CBS - 4:30 - Jets @ Steelers

Cincinnati
Fox - 1pm Minnesota Vikings @ Indianapolis Colts - 1PM

Dayton
Fox - 4pm TBA (Dallas @Seattle or Washington @ St. Louis)

I assume the CIncy station thinks the game will be blacked out locally? Because if the game is sold out that is the ONLY game that can be shown in Cincy...Fox would get the late game

I get the dreaded TBA just like last week.I know the Panthers will be on the local Fox Charlotte.Hoping Philly-Bal.will be on WBTV.

I get the dreaded TBA just like last week.I know the Panthers will be on the local Fox Charlotte.Hoping Philly-Bal.will be on WBTV.
nope. Because Carolina is at home you only get one game on CBS (the late game)...

CBS EARLY

NONE
WISH - Indianapolis, IN
WBZ - Boston, MA
WBTV - Charlotte, NC
WCBS - New York, NY

again it goes back to the home team rule
If the local team is playing at home and it's sold out, that's the only game on local TV. Even if the other network has a doubleheader. Even if the Game of the Century is at the same time.

So basically, what your saying, and I hope this right, is that its almost better if you live in a city w/o or really near an NFL team because you won't have any blackout? I live in CT. and dont have a home team. The Pats are considered local but they play in Mass. So in other words, I would get a double header because I dont have a local team?

Yea I just took a look at that link.Man that stinks.I like the Panthers but was an Eagles fan long before there was the Panthers.One thing that looked odd on that map it shows WSPA and WFMY as having the Phi-Bal game.I thought they fell into the same rule as WBTV?

Oh and solidsignal sent the wrong dang order!!They shipped a scanner antenna,so now have to wait till they get the vhf antenna shipped out.So chances are no Eagle's game for me this week.

sort of.....

-The primary market is the home teams market....if the team is at home and sold out no game can be shown against it.....thats why last week even though Fox had the DH I only got a late game (Vikes were on CBS)...this one is real simple.
-Any market (tv market) that has a portion within 75 miles of the stadium can be claimed as a secondary market (but doesnt have to be)...the only thing with those is they are required to show road games of said team and would black out games if not sold out. They can still show both games of the DH and dont even have to show home games of that team
-Every other market is a free for all and can show DH games with no issues. The market down the road from me (Mankato, MN) is more than 75 miles away from the Metrodome so last Sunday they COULD show a game opposite the Vikes.

this post is in response to mets82....teehar got his in before that ;)

Last edited:
Yea I just took a look at that link.Man that stinks.I like the Panthers but was an Eagles fan long before there was the Panthers.One thing that looked odd on that map it shows WSPA and WFMY as having the Phi-Bal game.I thought they fell into the same rule as WBTV?

I guess my post works for yous too. These markets are secondary markets for Carolina
CAROLINA (CHARLOTTE)
*Columbia
*Raleigh/Durham
*Florence, SC
*Greensboro/Winston-Salem
*Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville

The only rules for secondary is they HAVE to show Panther road games and if home games arent sold out they have to black them out.

Only the PRIMARY (which is the home market) falls under the "if the local team is at home no game can go against it" rule

I guess my post works for yous too. These markets are secondary markets for Carolina
CAROLINA (CHARLOTTE)
*Columbia
*Raleigh/Durham
*Florence, SC
*Greensboro/Winston-Salem
*Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville

The only rules for secondary is they HAVE to show Panther road games and if home games arent sold out they have to black them out.

Only the PRIMARY (which is the home market) falls under the "if the local team is at home no game can go against it" rule

Hmmm,May be time for a move lol.Thanks for the info iceberg.;)

by the way the only team to have TWO primary markets is Green Bay....Both Green Bay and Milwaukee are primary markets (going back to when they played in Milwaukee part time)
Really the only reasoning for this is the ESPN & NFL Net games can be shown on local TV there.

no problem
Ironically the CBS in the Tri-Cities (11) is showing Houston and Jacksonville (all of TN was)......at least on the preliminary listings

Yuck! WSPA may be possible if solidsignal will come through.WFMY is spotty at best on the uhf antenna.

Sometimes I miss the good old days even if it was in sd.At my parents home as a kid we could get several ota channels.The best part was they are all from different cities.WBTV,WYFF,WCYB,WSPA,WJHL,WLOS,and WKPT,WHNS.Granted some were clearer than others but come Sunday we had several NFL games to choose from.I still say neilson needs to change the dmas here.Growing up everyone watched WBTV,WCYB and WLOS for weather and news school closings etc.Now we are stuck with Cha only in the 28657,or Asheville,28777.The tri cities are only available if you cross the st.line.

Thanks for the info. Iceberg. Much appreciated.

I think that, Iceberg you got screwed last week. I mean I understand why CBS showed the Vikings but there was no reason why FOX couldnt show you a doubleheader? So in essence, you got shafted from FOX showing a late game because CBS showed the Vikings and you didnt have a choice because CBS had the US Open.

I think that, Iceberg you got screwed last week. I mean I understand why CBS showed the Vikings but there was no reason why FOX couldnt show you a doubleheader? So in essence, you got shafted from FOX showing a late game because CBS showed the Vikings and you didnt have a choice because CBS had the US Open.

The Vikes were at home. The road team (in this case Jax) network shows the game. So twice a year max your team is on the opposite network. (you only play 4 games against the other conference...2 at home and 2 on the road)...this week the Vikes play Indy and since Minny is the road team its on Fox. This is one of two weeks during the season Indy would be on Fox..
Because the Vikes were at home and I live in the Minneapolis market it goes back to the rule.....If the local team is playing at home and it's sold out, that's the only game on local TV. Even if the other network has a doubleheader. Even if the Game of the Century is at the same time

we got the late Fox game only.....we got no early game on Fox. But I have Directv so the NFL ST was in freeview. If I didn't Fox Mankato (72 miles down the road from me) can show both games and they got the national game (New Orleans/Washington) so I was able to see some of it

This year we only have 3 weeks like that where we get only 2 games...week 1, 3 & 7....5 weeks CBS has the DH we are on the road (so they can show both games) 1 week is a bye for us and 1 week we are on CBS same week they have the DH so we get 3 games. week 17 both networks get DH but the Vikes are at home so we would only get the late CBS game

Last edited:
I assume the CIncy station thinks the game will be blacked out locally? Because if the game is sold out that is the ONLY game that can be shown in Cincy...Fox would get the late game

That's what I thought. But this is straight off the Fox19 web site and Titan TV. We'll know for sure tomorrow I guess. The Browns v Bengals game is not a sell-out as of this moment. Plenty of seats available in the upper deck. However both the local CBS and the Bengals sites are promoting the game on TV heavily. We'll see on Thursday. BTW the Indy counties of the Cincinnati Market are Colts territory as far as the fans are concerned. :) I know the NFL and Mike Brown don't agree.

I guess Cincy didnt do the "get 85% of capacity and its a sell out but ya gotta give a little more revenue to the visiting team" option this year.

I know the Vikes did 90% and I think the other teams were Oakland and Tampa & Miami (they did 85%)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts