Who needs Sunday Ticket? REDZONE ROCKS!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So the channel is pretty much the same as the one D* has for the most part? I would sign up with it on FIOS, but I don't want to fork over $50 just to see if it is the same on D* since I have NFLST & barely watch RZC as is. I just watch all the games in HD.

by the way is anyone on D* watching the giants game on fox getting that annoying brriippp issue D* has had for a long time now? when will D* fix this?!
it's annoying! the bripp issue being the audio stutter sometimes accompanied by video stutter. it sounds like the matrix :D
I gotta tell you, I don't think its D*. Today during my Eagles Game I was getting the same issue from Time to time. I've been on the Red Zone channel since the Giants game started , so I'm not sure if the Giants game is doing the same now as before.

If all you are interested in is just the "big plays" then red zone is for you. If I just wanted highlights, I'd watch Sportscenter on ESPN.

Me - I want to watch the whole game of MY choice, not whatever crap game the networks signed a deal on 2 years ago - ST is the only answer.

Enjoy your NFL-Lite E fans.

(Interesting: notice how many E hypsters were here on the D board during the good games today? Oh yea, that's right - they didn't get them :) )

If all you are interested in is just the "big plays" then red zone is for you. If I just wanted highlights, I'd watch Sportscenter on ESPN.

Me - I want to watch the whole game of MY choice, not whatever crap game the networks signed a deal on 2 years ago - ST is the only answer.

Enjoy your NFL-Lite E fans.

(Interesting: notice how many E hypsters were here on the D board during the good games today? Oh yea, that's right - they didn't get them :) )

I noticed that too :) Is it just me, or does it seem strange that Dish subs post here frequently? Do the DTV guys post over there? I've never even pulled up the Dish forum since I'm not a Dish customer.

I have ST for the same reason as you. RZ is fine for those that want it, glad the SF features are available for them. The only SF function that I need is HD games.

I noticed that too :) Is it just me, or does it seem strange that Dish subs post here frequently? Do the DTV guys post over there? I've never even pulled up the Dish forum since I'm not a Dish customer.

I have ST for the same reason as you. RZ is fine for those that want it, glad the SF features are available for them. The only SF function that I need is HD games.
Some of us do. Won't name any names though. :rolleyes:

:D

Yea, I go over there & mostly offer hardware tech support since I do installs of both.

But remember, this whole board has it's roots/origins up Charlie's butt.

I gotta tell you, I don't think its D*. Today during my Eagles Game I was getting the same issue from Time to time. I've been on the Red Zone channel since the Giants game started , so I'm not sure if the Giants game is doing the same now as before.
thanks for the response.:)

I noticed that too :) Is it just me, or does it seem strange that Dish subs post here frequently?.

Its a good thing im not a dish sub :p

But remember, this whole board has it's roots/origins up Charlie's butt.

Not really, Everyone usally calls it like how they see it. If D* wanted the same type of coverage here they are certantly welcome here. I expect to see a slowdown at directv, It might not happen now, but if they continue on the track they are on, give it 9 months. I said the same thing about dish, but they are doing the things needed to be done to prevent it. If Directv wants to be the HD leader, they need to launch more than one bird. Come 9 months, when they do launch, it wont be as spectacular as everyone thinks it will be. (maybe a launch of 30 more channels) but by then their competitors will have the compacity to kill D, from all sides minus cable. (Uverse, (Dual bonding w/ hd pq increase) Fios, ( No upgrades needed), (E* (8psk upgrades and mpeg 4 bandwidth reclame on Western Arch))

Theres alot to be done, but the market is getting tighter and those subs have to come from somewhere.

WOW! Forget Sunday ticket, RedZone Rocks! Watching the opening moments of Denver's game. Glad I dumped D* as my redzone channel is just as good as the Sudnday ticket at a 1/16th of the price!

I was watching the Red Zone channel on D*, the constant switching between games was making my head spin.

It is 1000 times better to watch the NFL Mix channel then switch to the game you want to.

I was watching the Red Zone channel on D*, the constant switching between games was making my head spin.

It is 1000 times better to watch the NFL Mix channel then switch to the game you want to.
Agreed but if one doesn't have NFLST or can't afford it i guess Red Zone is better then nothing. Glad i can afford it!!:hungry:

The channel being referred to isn't offered by DirecTV. The one people are talking about is a standalone offering produced by the NFL Network.

Given this is basically a War Zone topic, im not sure how it's survived 10 pages here.

Red zone is nice to have...Great concept!

However, I prefer to watch the whole game...Good, bad and ugly...
Want to see how my Jets do this year..Im sure we will have ups and downs.

So what If im 400 dollars poorer...299 plus the 100 for HD channels..
Not sure why the HD is not part of the 299?

Its just money right?

This whole thread is just too funny. Seems that the folks that are soooo happy to have their new channel were not the folks that wanted to have ST anyway. So, have fun with your "moments", us serious football fans that can not get their favorite team on local are more than content with the ST. I usually like to hear what GoalieBob has to say about things, but this "boasting" is obviously there to fill a void. And don't get me started on Hemi.....
I suppose you guys are big baseball fans that only want to see a game when a home run is scored, or maybe the last out of the game. Me I want to see my Eagles play D, I want it all!
Nice attempt, and anyone that believes that this just about evens up the football coverage on E* and D* you need to take off the rose colored glasses.

But it is not the same coverage. Yes you will see bits and pieces of the games but if you want to watch an entire game you can't. I personally want to watch my Lions lose and I will not see that on the Red Zone.

Well we saw most of the Lions game on RedZone... because everytime Brees got the ball they scored a TD....so it was like watching the entire game.....lol.

i'd take the red zone channel over paying 400$ for ST. D* knows this, and as such will never offer this channel.

Most people i know with sunday ticket watch maybe 1 game a week on it and stick to the red zone channel the rest of the time.

i'd take the red zone channel over paying 400$ for ST. D* knows this, and as such will never offer this channel.

Most people i know with sunday ticket watch maybe 1 game a week on it and stick to the red zone channel the rest of the time.

hey...I do, that is what I got it for. As a matter of fact, thats what I believe the ST is all about, watching your favorite team if you are out of the market. Come on, how many games were on at 1:00 pm Eastern, you suspect that ST subs are trying to watch 8, 9 ,10 games at one time. That is not what the darn thing is for.
As I said, if ST is for you, then the Red Zone Channel doesn't cut it, not that hard to understand...is it?

OOOOH!!!! OOOOH !!!! OOOOH!!!

I just had a thought!!!

All you guys can cancel all of your movie channels and just watch the Trailer Channel!!

Heck, you get the best parts with out all of the boring stuff in between!!!

OOOOH!!!! OOOOH !!!! OOOOH!!!

I just had a thought!!!

All you guys can cancel all of your movie channels and just watch the Trailer Channel!!

Heck, you get the best parts with out all of the boring stuff in between!!!
Haha, I never thought of it like that, but now that you mention it....:p

I don't recall seeing Adrian Peterson run of 64 Yards on the Red Zone Channel Live. I had NFL ST last year and again this year. I turned over to Red Zone immediately after his Touchdown and it wasn't live.

Also like many I didnt pay $259 + $99 for SF. I paid $149. Chump change to watch any game. Like Jag I now have an interest in the Lions because of Matthew Stafford.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)