WHO will pull the coax on VOOM?

gross67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 6, 2004
Indiana
Who will be pulling their coax on the 31st? I tried it today to see if I would still get my OTA's and it was, well, AOK. I am a box owner and I want to be able to salvage it as much as possible. I am running cable and VOOM at the moment and will drop my VOOM account at the end of this billing cycle I'm afraid. I will keep the cable until I see what happens with the HD ward (I meant war, but ward seems appropriate as well) in the next six months or so - it should be very interesting. I have enjoyed VOOM very much and am sorry to see things fall apart like they have. So, brace yourself for tomorrow's meeting (I know EVERYONE on this forum is anticipating the outcome) and pull your coax sometime in the next 24 hours! :)

Cheers,
Gross67

Still not sure why anyone would drop the service until it "drops" by itself :)

Lob

If you had new coaxal cables run with the Voom install. I believe the only thing they collect, from what I heard, is the receivers. They leave the dish, antenna, and cable in place. So if you want to remove it then you will have to do it yourself or hire someone to do it.

Lobstah said:
Still not sure why anyone would drop the service until it "drops" by itself :)

Lob

To save a little cash, Lobstah, to save a little cash ........ It's easier to drop now that the end is near ....... In six months the HD world will be much different - I'll check in again then.

The problem with the original poster's opening statement is that there is no HD war. For the next three years D*, E* and cable will be in competition to add HDLIL. But that is no HD war. Most voomers already get those channels with an antenna or they wouldnt be here.

The problem with the original poster's opening statement is that there is no HD war. For the next three years D*, E* and cable will be in competition to add HDLIL. But that is no HD war. Most voomers already get those channels with an antenna or they wouldnt be here.

gross67 said:
To save a little cash, Lobstah, to save a little cash ........ It's easier to drop now that the end is near ....... In six months the HD world will be much different - I'll check in again then.

Golly gee whiz. In 6 months D* MIGHT add tnthd and E* might add UniversalHD while they offer HDLIL in a few select markets. Do you know what the letters BFD stand for?

I've got three stbs and will probably disconnect two of them tonight, as we do most of our watching in one room. If that box is shut off, I'll still have two that might bring in OTA.

There won't be a shutdown at 2/1 so don't worry and enjoy the programming. There will be plenty until we hear publicly otherwise.

Like many others, I am hopeful that they will not send a "kill" signal to disable the OTA. I also purchased my box in Oct. of '03. Since today (1/31/05) is the apparent cut-off from Cablevision funding, I am attempting to play it safe. This morning I installed an A/B switch so that I can connect or disconnect easily from the satellite when not watching anything from Voom. Keeping my fingers crossed that it does not happen while connected, and that V* will continue to send us programming for a long time.

I have an unactivated voombox running OTA for 3 or 4 months now. OTA works fine with or without service.

gross67 said:
Who will be pulling their coax on the 31st? I tried it today to see if I would still get my OTA's and it was, well, AOK.... So, brace yourself for tomorrow's meeting (I know EVERYONE on this forum is anticipating the outcome) and pull your coax sometime in the next 24 hours! :)

Cheers,
Gross67

Wow, lucky you didn't hear the end of the world predictions in 1999! We could have lost you then.... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)